HTC giving anyone else the runaround?

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
That's the way it feels at least. Through a series of emails and phone calls I have been told to do a battery pull, reset, factory reset, exchange it, and now have my account reprovisioned. If the last one doesn't work, to call HTC repair. I told them im on my third Titan. Out of the four people I have been in contact with, zero have heard of the issue and think it is isolated to me. If no one can hear me, what's the point? Sorry for the wall o text, just had to vent a little :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not buying you are the only one complaining. We will be calling about my Wife's Titan soon as well. Will let you know what they say to us.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
When I submitted to support my inqury about the random reboot HTC told me to do a reset (which I already done) with no 3rd party software. The were saying basically to me to not install anything after a reset wait 3-4 days then install the next software and so forth see when the reboots start. That would take way to long to troubleshoot beyond my 30days I decided to return the Titan for another one (AmazonWireless) which I expect to get Wednesday (28). See how that goes. For those that want to do a warrenty repair I not sure what number been given out but in the email it says that HTC America Warranty & Repair Center contact is 1.888.617.1113 Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M. ET.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the way it feels at least. Through a series of emails and phone calls I have been told to do a battery pull, reset, factory reset, exchange it, and now have my account reprovisioned. If the last one doesn't work, to call HTC repair. I told them im on my third Titan. Out of the four people I have been in contact with, zero have heard of the issue and think it is isolated to me. If no one can hear me, what's the point? Sorry for the wall o text, just had to vent a little :p

This is almost the exact thing that's happening with me!

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, HTC gives the run around frankly because I think a majority of their customer service reps either 1) don't know about the issue or 2) there's no solution they know of so they run through the standard procedures. It's one of the reasons why I won't ever buy another HTC device ever again.

Though, they most likely are aware of the Titan problems by now.

petroll

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm a U.S. att user. I just phoned HTC at 866-449-8358 and reported the call quality issue. They said it had not been reported before. this is BS. Hundreds are complaining online and several have said specifically that they have called HTC to report it.

SO I ASK: if you're a U.S. customer, please call 866-449-8358 and report it as "muffled microphone" or "muffled call quality" and "poor call quality for those I call" or describe it for them. We have to get an official answer. I hate the idea of returning the phone and getting another one with the same problem. Or getting a different phone like the Samsung.

If you're able to, please say which country you're from. the issue seems to be isolated to non-European phones.

Twitter #htctitanmuffle

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, HTC gives the run around frankly because I think a majority of their customer service reps either 1) don't know about the issue or 2) there's no solution they know of so they run through the standard procedures. It's one of the reasons why I won't ever buy another HTC device ever again.

Though, they most likely are aware of the Titan problems by now.

Pretty much. It's important to call Service Reps so HTC can have official records documenting the problems. However, any sort of legitimate fix will have to come from HTC's hardware/software engineers.

collegetrainer

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I replaced the phone and then the SIM. No change. I called HTC 4 times and then FINALLY, yesterday the rep said that they are VERY aware of the issue. She said that it was a software issue and a fix was being developed. She said that no timeframe is given, but she assured me that they are working on it. Thanks to all of you! Your calls are sure to have helped!

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I replaced the phone and then the SIM. No change. I called HTC 4 times and then FINALLY, yesterday the rep said that they are VERY aware of the issue. She said that it was a software issue and a fix was being developed. She said that no timeframe is given, but she assured me that they are working on it. Thanks to all of you! Your calls are sure to have helped!

That is good news for sure! Thanks for sharing your feedback--this is the first time I have seen anything about HTC even admitting there was an issue with the US version, now hopefully they will push out a fix quickly, that way those of us that already returned ours can commence with the head banging for not waiting it out...

I tip my hat to those of you who stuck it out...

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Good to hear, glad we broke through!

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Good to know. Even better if they had said this about a week ago, before the 30-day window started closing on the first buyers!

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I put my trust that this was possible to fix in firmware. It also helps that I really haven't seen much of this problem, just minor requests to repeat myself every now and then.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I put my trust that this was possible to fix in firmware. It also helps that I really haven't seen much of this problem, just minor requests to repeat myself every now and then.
Maybe someone at HTC thought that everyone uses bluetooth or a wired headset which sound much better that would be the case so they didn't bother with audio quailty on the phone mic pick up and speaker. It's to bad it don't sound like my previous phone the Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition but I needed to upgrade.
It amazing how manufacturers make assumptions about things like font sizes (referring to Android) and call handling etc..

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it is clearly the upper mic problem. It is oversensitive. All the tests done in this forum confirmed that. So HTC 'just' need to fix it.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the reasons it is oversensitive, though, is because of the mic-effect of the rear cover. So it will be interesting to see how they fix this. As I've said before, I think both a tweak to the NR algorithms as well as user-adjustable levels would be ideal.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
An HTC customer service rep just called and told me they're currently investigating the reported problems. She didn't give a time frame but hopefully soon!

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
An HTC customer service rep just called and told me they're currently investigating the reported problems. She didn't give a time frame but hopefully soon!

Same here. Got a call yesterday and one today from 2 different HTC reps about them working on a fix. I didn't get a timetable either. Oh well, still good news!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3