future Windows Phone Titan customer...

thelink74

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
hello,

i currently own a BlackBerry Bold 9900 but my company has informed me that in the next 3 months they will be discontinuing the BlackBerry Enterprise sever relationship. pretty much if i want to continue to receive my work e-mails i have to seek an alternate phone. my 1st choice would be the moving to the Windows Phone platform and choosing the Titan.

i was playing with the Titan at my local AT&T store and found the phone pretty amazing. i will miss the QWERTY keyboard form factor but can get over it with time. i do have a couple questions and am hoping you folks can chime in:

1. does the Microsoft Active Sync do real time (push) e-mail with Outlook?

2. does the Microsoft Active Sync do real time calendar updates from OutLook?

3. does Windows have a Desktop manager for importing/exporting media and files?

4. with BlackBerry Desktop manager i can import my I-Tunes library to my BlackBerry Devices can i do the same with the Titan?

5. is the MicroSoft Office that comes loaded on the Titan work like the full deskstop version?

6. is there a way to extend the Titan screen to a PC monitor? i am thinking that if i can edit Microsoft Office docs on there the screen is quite small. i am aware that i could also just dump the doc onto a PC and do it that way but just curious if screen extending is possible with the Titan.

any other info you can provide would be much appreciated.

i should add that i prefer to use my personal device for work instead of having a 2nd company phone just to stay connected with the office...

Last edited:

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
hello,

i currently own a BlackBerry Bold 9900 but my company has informed me that in the next 3 months they will be discontinuing the BlackBerry Enterprise sever relationship. pretty much if i want to continue to receive my work e-mails i have to seek an alternate phone. my 1st choice would be the moving to the Windows Phone platform and choosing the Titan.

i was playing with the Titan at my local AT&T store and found the phone pretty amazing. i will miss the QWERTY keyboard form factor but can get over it with time. i do have a couple questions and am hoping you folks can chime in:

4. with BlackBerry Desktop manager i can import my I-Tunes library to my BlackBerry Devices can i do the same with the Titan?

5. is the MicroSoft Office that comes loaded on the Titan work like the full deskstop version?

i should add that i prefer to use my personal device for work instead of having a 2nd company phone just to stay connected with the office...
I will try to answer the questions best I can with what I experienced in the 2 weeks of ownership.
1) I dont think it's push email but in testing with my IMAP email account its just about instant.
2)not sure
3)Application called zune on the phone in the music and video section, it appears you can sync to a PC.
4) I did a little research and it seems you need to use this to go from Itunes to Win mobile 7. I not sure this is what you want or not though. How to Play iTunes Music/Videos on Windows Phone 7
5) Office on the phone does everything but create powerpoint files. You can read edit save. Microsoft also gives you that 25Gb storage online too.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Yes. I actually get messages on my phone before they pop up on my desktop.

Yes. But if you are running Exchange 2003 you will have problems with this unless your phone is at 7740 rev level.

Zune

With Zune - just point it at your music library

Pretty much. You can only do .docx now. (at least that's my understanding)

Hope that helps.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have my Outlook set up directly under add-an-account: no active-sync involved. You need to know server and domain names, but it is straightforward. It is push, and yes, virtually instantaneous (you can choose the push interval - immediate or other, longer intervals -- in the settings menu *within* the email account. I can sit at my desk and add a calendar event to either one (phone or computer) and it IMMEDIATELY appears on the other device. Email comes in within minutes - often concurrently.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Invertme is spot on. I will just add that I began using my live mail account because of my WP. And with mangos linked inbox in makes it really nice.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my Outlook set up directly under add-an-account: no active-sync involved. You need to know server and domain names, but it is straightforward. It is push, and yes, virtually instantaneous (you can choose the push interval - immediate or other, longer intervals -- in the settings menu *within* the email account. I can sit at my desk and add a calendar event to either one (phone or computer) and it IMMEDIATELY appears on the other device. Email comes in within minutes - often concurrently.

are you using an exchange server or outlook connector?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you want to get text documents like Word or Excel on/off the phone then be prepared to get real cozy with skydrive and the skydrive app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3