Am I crazy? Considering selling TITAN for Focus Flash...

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I won my HTC TITAN from gdgt and have been using it for a little over a day now, though I've used WP7 before. I don't have teeny hands, but I'm having a hard time with this thing. I'm sure a few weeks and I'd be used to it but for now it's a handful. I'm considering trying to sell this on Craigslist or something and getting a Focus Flash. I've played with one a little bit, and I really like the AMOLED screen with the live tiles, it really pops. Also, I love the physical start button on that phone. Especially when I'm in my car and my phones in it's cradle, waking it via a button on the front seems much easier than reaching up on top. I've used a lot of phones and I know what I tend to like, I used an iPhone for a long time because of it's convenient size and the home button. I liked the mytouch 4g a lot because of it's physical trackpad that woke the phone. I just can't help but feel a little crazy considering trading in the high end Titan for a more entry level Focus Flash. Has anyone else done something similar or am I in crazy town all by myself? Lol.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to live with it, so get whatever makes you happy. Don't feel bad trading up if it's what you want. You should be able to get a good chunk of $ for a Titan.

Maybe a smaller Nokia? Looks like it will be similar quality to the Titan, if you feel the Samsung is a slight step down.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you like a phone to be small and fit well in your hand, the Flash is a great choice. May want to try the Focus S first and see if it's too big as well.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
ashykat... It's perfectly normal to want to switch from a Titan to a Focus Flash. I've seen some go from smartphone to feature (regular flip) phones. It's all about what makes you happy in the end, not what a majority have chosen. You'll be using the device and should be using the device you prefer using.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Blacklac. You might want to check out what Nokia has to offer before making a decision.

But the Focus Flash is a solid device. And if you decide to go with it, I'm sure you'll be happy.

NH3MAN

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The FOCUS S is a sweet phone

The FOCUS S is a sweet phone with amoled. I used one for 30 days and it is very easy to handle even with a big gorgeous 4.3 screen. It is amazingly slim and light. The buttons on the bottom are further in from the sides so they are easy to hit one handed and the power button, volume rockers are much better than the TITAN. Only the camera is a bit disappointing compared to the TITAN and then sometimes slightly dim auto brightness but I think they have mostly worked that out. I loved that phone so much that I had a hard time getting use to the heavier TITAN but after 2 weeks I really did end up liking the TITAN more. To each their own but I would not settle on a FLASH until I checked out the FOCUS S as its bigger screen is better for texting, games, and surfing and it has 16 gigs of memory.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not concerned at all about the size difference, but I'm not happy about getting 8 gigs of storage and a lower quality camera. If the Lumia 800 were released here in the states there would be no question about it. I would (almost) kill for that phone, LTE or not. I'm actually not as excited about the rumored ACE because I don't really need the whole 4-inch + screen, so 3.7 inches would be fine for me.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not concerned at all about the size difference, but I'm not happy about getting 8 gigs of storage and a lower quality camera. If the Lumia 800 were released here in the states there would be no question about it. I would (almost) kill for that phone, LTE or not. I'm actually not as excited about the rumored ACE because I don't really need the whole 4-inch + screen, so 3.7 inches would be fine for me.
ashykat, aside from the 4.3 inch screen, the Focus S has 16gb of storage and pretty good camera.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I still feel like I'd be settling in some ways for the Focus Flash though. I played with the Focus S a bit and wasn't crazy about it. I'd really love the Lumia 800 and if I could get a trade for that I'd take it in a heartbeat. I'm also pretty fond of the HTC Radar, if only it were compatible with AT&T's 3G.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Like a couple others here (duvi, tmotyn), I tried TITAN but went with Focus S. I was all about the TITAN - what I do most is read stuff... global news sites, medical, etc...so the huge screen was all I cared about.

Or so I thought, until the random reboots and the incomprehensible calls. Learned about the Focus S from other posters here. Have been very happy with the switch.

Even getting somewhat getting better download speeds on faux G with Focus S compared to TITAN. Still agree with other's detective work about capped HSPA+ at category 8 on at&t windows phones, but even with that, the FS is noticeably better...consistently half again to twice the download speeds I was getting on the TITAN.

Take from this whatever helps you make the choice that's right for you. That trumps anything else...and if anyone flames you for that, well, we just might line up to flame whoever flames you! Good luck :)

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the previous posts. It isn't a popularity contest with what phone you own. What gives you the most comfort, productivity, and overall user experience should be the phone for you no matter the $ amount, OS, or the latest and greatest? Kudos for having your own opinion and doing what is best for you. Good luck with your decision.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Focus Flash and i love this phone, zero issues and my battery lasts all day and then some.

As far as size goes.....I put a Incipio silicrylic hard shell on it, it is the same exact size in my hand as my Captivate Galaxy S phone was.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait for a Nokia, if you don't like those, then go fro the flash. I tried the Titan as well and didn't like it and returned it, so I understand.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I want to like it, and I can see why other people like it, but it's just too big for me. The power button also annoys me. I used it for 5 days but it's back in the box for now and I'm using my iPhone. I would love to see if Nokia brings the 800 in addition to the 900, I really think the 3.7 inch screen would be better for me.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I could, but I'm always wary of buying an unsupported phone as I'm sure if I had any issues with it I wouldn't have any warranty. I still consider it but I'm curious to see what happens now as I saw there was talk of the 800 being available in Microsoft Stores.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I could, but I'm always wary of buying an unsupported phone as I'm sure if I had any issues with it I wouldn't have any warranty. I still consider it but I'm curious to see what happens now as I saw there was talk of the 800 being available in Microsoft Stores.

That's wise, ashykat. There are a few folks over on the TITAN(I) forum who have unsupported phones...with bugs...and are SOL.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720