Hey everyone.

I won my HTC TITAN from gdgt and have been using it for a little over a day now, though I've used WP7 before. I don't have teeny hands, but I'm having a hard time with this thing. I'm sure a few weeks and I'd be used to it but for now it's a handful. I'm considering trying to sell this on Craigslist or something and getting a Focus Flash. I've played with one a little bit, and I really like the AMOLED screen with the live tiles, it really pops. Also, I love the physical start button on that phone. Especially when I'm in my car and my phones in it's cradle, waking it via a button on the front seems much easier than reaching up on top. I've used a lot of phones and I know what I tend to like, I used an iPhone for a long time because of it's convenient size and the home button. I liked the mytouch 4g a lot because of it's physical trackpad that woke the phone. I just can't help but feel a little crazy considering trading in the high end Titan for a more entry level Focus Flash. Has anyone else done something similar or am I in crazy town all by myself? Lol.
    pecuevasb likes this.
    01-04-2012 02:15 PM
    You have to live with it, so get whatever makes you happy. Don't feel bad trading up if it's what you want. You should be able to get a good chunk of $ for a Titan.

Maybe a smaller Nokia? Looks like it will be similar quality to the Titan, if you feel the Samsung is a slight step down.
    01-04-2012 02:30 PM
    I've gone trough 4 wp7... Don't feel bad lol

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    Duvi likes this.
    01-04-2012 02:35 PM
    I tried TITAN but chose Focus S instead. There's no such thing as objectively 'best', only best for *you*.
    Duvi likes this.
    01-04-2012 03:23 PM
    If you like a phone to be small and fit well in your hand, the Flash is a great choice. May want to try the Focus S first and see if it's too big as well.
    01-04-2012 04:07 PM
    ashykat... It's perfectly normal to want to switch from a Titan to a Focus Flash. I've seen some go from smartphone to feature (regular flip) phones. It's all about what makes you happy in the end, not what a majority have chosen. You'll be using the device and should be using the device you prefer using.
    01-04-2012 04:09 PM
    I agree with Blacklac. You might want to check out what Nokia has to offer before making a decision.

But the Focus Flash is a solid device. And if you decide to go with it, I'm sure you'll be happy.
    01-04-2012 04:11 PM
    The FOCUS S is a sweet phone with amoled. I used one for 30 days and it is very easy to handle even with a big gorgeous 4.3 screen. It is amazingly slim and light. The buttons on the bottom are further in from the sides so they are easy to hit one handed and the power button, volume rockers are much better than the TITAN. Only the camera is a bit disappointing compared to the TITAN and then sometimes slightly dim auto brightness but I think they have mostly worked that out. I loved that phone so much that I had a hard time getting use to the heavier TITAN but after 2 weeks I really did end up liking the TITAN more. To each their own but I would not settle on a FLASH until I checked out the FOCUS S as its bigger screen is better for texting, games, and surfing and it has 16 gigs of memory.
    01-04-2012 05:43 PM
    I am not concerned at all about the size difference, but I'm not happy about getting 8 gigs of storage and a lower quality camera. If the Lumia 800 were released here in the states there would be no question about it. I would (almost) kill for that phone, LTE or not. I'm actually not as excited about the rumored ACE because I don't really need the whole 4-inch + screen, so 3.7 inches would be fine for me.
    01-04-2012 11:50 PM
    I am not concerned at all about the size difference, but I'm not happy about getting 8 gigs of storage and a lower quality camera. If the Lumia 800 were released here in the states there would be no question about it. I would (almost) kill for that phone, LTE or not. I'm actually not as excited about the rumored ACE because I don't really need the whole 4-inch + screen, so 3.7 inches would be fine for me.
    ashykat, aside from the 4.3 inch screen, the Focus S has 16gb of storage and pretty good camera.
    01-05-2012 12:24 AM
    I say you get exactly what you want. There are so many good phones out there that there's no reason to settle for anything less.
    01-05-2012 01:44 AM
    I still feel like I'd be settling in some ways for the Focus Flash though. I played with the Focus S a bit and wasn't crazy about it. I'd really love the Lumia 800 and if I could get a trade for that I'd take it in a heartbeat. I'm also pretty fond of the HTC Radar, if only it were compatible with AT&T's 3G.
    01-07-2012 12:05 AM
    Like a couple others here (duvi, tmotyn), I tried TITAN but went with Focus S. I was all about the TITAN - what I do most is read stuff... global news sites, medical, etc...so the huge screen was all I cared about.

Or so I thought, until the random reboots and the incomprehensible calls. Learned about the Focus S from other posters here. Have been very happy with the switch.

Even getting somewhat getting better download speeds on faux G with Focus S compared to TITAN. Still agree with other's detective work about capped HSPA+ at category 8 on at&t windows phones, but even with that, the FS is noticeably better...consistently half again to twice the download speeds I was getting on the TITAN.

Take from this whatever helps you make the choice that's right for you. That trumps anything else...and if anyone flames you for that, well, we just might line up to flame whoever flames you! Good luck :-)
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-07-2012 05:17 PM
    I agree with the previous posts. It isn't a popularity contest with what phone you own. What gives you the most comfort, productivity, and overall user experience should be the phone for you no matter the $ amount, OS, or the latest and greatest? Kudos for having your own opinion and doing what is best for you. Good luck with your decision.
    01-08-2012 02:32 AM
    I have the Focus Flash and i love this phone, zero issues and my battery lasts all day and then some.

As far as size goes.....I put a Incipio silicrylic hard shell on it, it is the same exact size in my hand as my Captivate Galaxy S phone was.
    01-08-2012 11:42 AM
    I'd wait for a Nokia, if you don't like those, then go fro the flash. I tried the Titan as well and didn't like it and returned it, so I understand.
    01-08-2012 07:20 PM
    I want to like it, and I can see why other people like it, but it's just too big for me. The power button also annoys me. I used it for 5 days but it's back in the box for now and I'm using my iPhone. I would love to see if Nokia brings the 800 in addition to the 900, I really think the 3.7 inch screen would be better for me.
    01-08-2012 07:47 PM
    Can't you just buy a 800 on Amazon?

(Not sure what bands it has)
    01-09-2012 09:30 AM
    Yeah I could, but I'm always wary of buying an unsupported phone as I'm sure if I had any issues with it I wouldn't have any warranty. I still consider it but I'm curious to see what happens now as I saw there was talk of the 800 being available in Microsoft Stores.
    01-09-2012 09:44 PM
    Yeah I could, but I'm always wary of buying an unsupported phone as I'm sure if I had any issues with it I wouldn't have any warranty. I still consider it but I'm curious to see what happens now as I saw there was talk of the 800 being available in Microsoft Stores.
    That's wise, ashykat. There are a few folks over on the TITAN(I) forum who have unsupported phones...with bugs...and are SOL.
    01-10-2012 09:52 AM
    First off- No, you are not crazy. The joy of mobile is the choices. Screen size, capabilities, it pretty much is a great selection.

It does seem a little strange that with the original Focus being so well regarded, no other Windows Phone took the hint and was released with a 4" screen. But, the 3.7" Focus Flash is a great performing phone. The processor is not a step down from the "S", so it is slick as ice in performance and can handle everything that can be thrown at it. Cruise over to the Flash forums: very few complaints or problems.

You really only step down in three areas: Screen is not as vibrant as the "S" or Titan, memory, and camera. And by the way: the camera is okay. Shutter speed is actually a little better than on the "S". But, if you upload to sites such as Flickr and other photo sharing sites than it most likely will not meet your needs. Memory is a drawback. If you do not download a bunch of music or store movies to watch you should be okay. If you do, than it is not for you.

If you are a mostly a web-surfer, social networker, and download only a couple dozen apps or so, you will not be dissapointed at all with the Flash. It is really a steal at it's price point.
    01-11-2012 12:20 AM
    You're not crazy at all. I got my TITAN on "Black Saturday". I used it until CES. When the TITAN II was announced, I felt pretty cheated. Then came the Lumia 900 and it was love at first sight. I decided to start saving up for the 900 (I have to buy it off contract). I bought two Focus Flash's for $300.00 with the intention of reselling them and making a profit. I thought I'd use one, just for kicks, but it's been a month and I haven't touched my TITAN. I sold one Flash and have now put my TITAN up for sale. Once I get the 900, I'll sell the Flash I'm using.
    01-24-2012 02:56 PM
    The main reasons for my ditching the mighty TITAN for the tiny FOCUS Flash are:

I think Windows Phone looks much better on Super AMOLED than on Super LCD.

The small size and having the power/lock button on the side make using the device much easier.

And the reason that meant the most to me is that the Flash has the ability to disable haptic feedback. I hate haptic feedback so much, and there's no way to get rid of it on the TITAN.

My only gripes with the Flash are the hardware "Start" button (I strongly prefer a capacitive one), the camera sucks in comparison with the TITAN's, and there's only like 5.9GB of storage available. Other than that, I like it so much I haven't touched my TITAN in a month.
    01-24-2012 03:04 PM
    I would save it and cash it in when the nokia 900 comes out... Smaller phone but not as small as the focus.
    01-24-2012 04:15 PM
    Lol, anyone still selling their Titan? I'd be interested in buying it.
    01-27-2012 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD