Titan II announced!

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Titan II is not that exciting, other than 16 meg cam and LTE and a battery you can't replace it's the same phone. And I like the alloy back my Titan has too.
LTE wont be around for another year atleast for where I am at and by then there will be dozen new phones and probably Titan VI too.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Titan II is not that exciting, other than 16 meg cam and LTE and a battery you can't replace it's the same phone. And I like the alloy back my Titan has too.
LTE wont be around for another year atleast for where I am at and by then there will be dozen new phones and probably Titan VI too.

Yeah, if AT&T managed to bring LTE to my city within 2 years I'd be incredibly surprised. I don't even have HSPA+ yet.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
16MB camera is a joke. It's nothing but a marketing gimmick. Everyone knows that you don't need more then 6-8MB, especially in this form factor. Now if they said it has a better sensor and better glass (Carl Zeiss anyone?) then I'd get all warm and fuzzy about it. LTE would be fine if they can guarantee the battery could keep a decent charge. Still can't complain that I only paid a penny. When I qualify for an update again (which seems to be 19-20 months for AT&T lately) hopefully all the bugs are worked out for LTE and w8.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm truly not bummed about the II at all. Other than LTE (which would be a nice bonus if your city had it), everything else is kinda meh. And 16 MP on a phone camera, without some insanely improved optics, is just dumb IMO & just a marketing ploy. There's gonna be a lot of noise in those photos, with an increased file size to boot. The sample shots I've seen aren't impressing me whatsoever.

I do like the added red eye reduction & anti-shake. But obviously those are on the software end, so they should be available for our gen 1 Titans in an update. Hopefully.

Super happy with my current Titan. No way I'd go through the trouble of selling it to get this new one.

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think HTC should have named this "Titan 2"
It only has a better camera/battery and of course4G;however,it's thicker and the back side of Titan 1 looks better(less plastic,more aluminum)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
So, anybody upset that their 2 month old Titan is now being replaced? My wife isn't really thrilled. Especially since the camera was a big selling point for her and the Titan II has a better one.

I'll be unhappy if the original titan ceases to get future updates which I highly doubt. Other than that im really not envious of the titan 2. Give me the latest OS updates to my Titan and im a happy guy, its still an awesome device.

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
One thing that I don't see mentioned here is that there should be a good chance that this thing will not come out of the gate with call quality issues or any performance issues in relation to data speeds (whether the original has them or not). This almost makes it look like the Titan was released as an experiment prior to the opportunity for the release of an LTE phone. The launch in general didn't seem to go well, as if everything was rushed. Perhaps HTC just didn't want to be out of the holiday shopping season and so they dumbed this phone down to release it sooner.

Now I'm not saying that the Titan is a bad phone, or that it didn't deserve a release; I love my Titan. However, I do wish that I had waited to upgrade now, as AT&T's statements have led me to believe that I will be able to enjoy LTE here by the end of the year. That's my fault though, and if I bought an LTE Windows Phone off contract once the service arrived here, it wouldn't be the first Windows Phone I voluntarily purchased off contract...

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I like my Titan. With speeds that were verifiably HSPA category 10, I'd be happier, though. Everything I have seen so far looks like category 8 (seen a little under half the theoretical max of cat 8, so with 10, I figure it could double which would be GREAT).

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
When are they going to release Titan II?I need a new phone,but what if it's just for u.s and AT&t?and if It's going to be available in more than 2 months from now I think I'll get Titan I('cause if Titan II is worldwide that will take around 4 months to get here)!any suggestions?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Bit gutted that it's less than 6 months after Titan launched, even more gutted we prob won't get it in UK as we dont have 4g LTE :(
I was annoyed until I realised it wasn't coming to the UK. I'd like HTC to sort audio and call issues out with the Titan though and releasing a later product doesn't bode well for that.

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
When are they going to release Titan II?I need a new phone,but what if it's just for u.s and AT&t?and if It's going to be available in more than 2 months from now I think I'll get Titan I('cause if Titan II is worldwide that will take around 4 months to get here)!any suggestions?

Get the Titan unless you need the 16MP camera lol.
Titan has better build quality and it's thinner;furthermore,4G LTE is useless in Iran so there is no reason to get a 4G LTE Phone(if it even becomes available in Iran which I don't think it will)

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Get the Titan unless you need the 16MP camera lol.
Titan has better build quality and it's thinner;furthermore,4G LTE is useless in Iran so there is no reason to get a 4G LTE Phone(if it even becomes available in Iran which I don't think it will)

yeah 4G LTE is useless here,maybe It's gonna be available here next decade,who knows!
But 16 MP is awesome!
I'm not a camera guy anyway,so 8MP would be fine.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
All I'm saying is, if the Titan II, outside of an LTE market, pulls down over 4Mbps (and especially if it approaches 7Mbps, or more) I am going to sue AT&T.

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I Tweeted @HTCUSA telling them how cool they thought it'd be to announce the TITAN II only a month after I upgraded to the TITAN and they replied with "Sorry :-(".

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
At least you got a sorry, I asked them 3 times when I'd be getting my 8107 update they didn't even have the courtesy to answer me at all. :(

(HTC UK & Support)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
At least you got a sorry, I asked them 3 times when I'd be getting my 8107 update they didn't even have the courtesy to answer me at all. :(

(HTC UK & Support)

I've decided to put the checking aside for now. TBH, I don't really suffer from any of the problems that need fixing.

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I Tweeted @HTCUSA telling them how cool they thought it'd be to announce the TITAN II only a month after I upgraded to the TITAN and they replied with "Sorry :-(".

lol ! :))
I always tweet @HTC and most of the time they reply back but when i told them that Titan 2 doesn't deserve its name,they obviously didn't reply :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon