What to look out for?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm shopping around for a Titan and I've just been wondering what the known issues are with this phone? I understand that calling can sound hollow but can be fixed with some electrical tape, which is fine with me.

Are there any other issues that I should look out for? Build issues? Software issues? Let me know!

Thanks in advance

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm shopping around for a Titan and I've just been wondering what the known issues are with this phone? I understand that calling can sound hollow but can be fixed with some electrical tape, which is fine with me.

Are there any other issues that I should look out for? Build issues? Software issues? Let me know!

Thanks in advance

I'm proud to say that Titan is the only phone I've ever had that doesn't have a single issue :D(that can't be fixed)
Sound/Call/Build quality are all awesome and WP7 is a slick OS which just flies on the Titan! and the large screen is just awesome :D and it's so thin too and of course the camera is just great.

However,people are reporting a bug in the phone(WP7 specific) which causes phone to restart but I haven't has this issue.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with the USB port. It's a little flimsy. And the location on the side could mean you'll hit the cord sometimes if it's plugged in.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Turn off SRS. It causes video/game stuttering. Also makes the audio pops worse.

Wifi speed is fine but the range is limited in comparison to other phones. My Focus can connect to networks my Titan can't even see.

Any random restarts and you should take your phone back immediately. Of all the "problems" this is the clearest sign of a defective phone.

Always be ready to say, "That's what she said" when someone comments on the size of your phone.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
F8D kept the Titan, I see.

boss.king... I never "looked" for issues/problems with my devices. I let them come to me with natural use, which it did on the Titan.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
F8D kept the Titan, I see.

boss.king... I never "looked" for issues/problems with my devices. I let them come to me with natural use, which it did on the Titan.

I did. I wanted to exchange it for another but realized I probably had one of the "better" Titans after hearing some of the horror stories.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I did. I wanted to exchange it for another but realized I probably had one of the "better" Titans after hearing some of the horror stories.
I probably had one of those good ones as well (the best it was gonna get), but the issues I did have, annoyed me enough to swap, sadly :blush:

Last edited:

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Received my Titan on Dec 12, and I've only heard complaints about voice quality twice in all of the calls I have made. As such, I have not taped the top mic yet.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Been watching review like crazy, I'm so desperate for a new phone now. Just a feww more weeks til I can afford the Titan though, and hopefully it gets Apollo.

BTW, I'm not looking for flaws, I just want to see if these issues will be covered by my warranty (NZ isn't as easy on the consumer as the US)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance

If you're looking for problems for a device that you haven't purchased then I suggest you get something else, if not just buy it and enjoy it.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for problems for a device that you haven't purchased then I suggest you get something else, if not just buy it and enjoy it.

Read my last post. Im checking for warranty purposes because I can't afford to be buying phones all the time.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Research is the sign of a smart consumer.

Thanks F8D. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It seems that as I'll be getting the European unlocked version I might be avoiding a lot of the problems, which would be great. Regardless of bugs, the Titan is the phone I want, I just wanted to know if I was risking my *** with regards to repairs and warranty.

Thanks for all the contributions everyone, I hope to be posting as an owner in the next few weeks.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd say look out for people to go "Woah!!! WTF is that? Let me see! Holy cr** that is one big a** phone! Look at how cool this is! Where did you get it? I want one! Let me go show my friends!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel