01-18-2012 04:15 AM
31 12
tools
    I'm shopping around for a Titan and I've just been wondering what the known issues are with this phone? I understand that calling can sound hollow but can be fixed with some electrical tape, which is fine with me.

Are there any other issues that I should look out for? Build issues? Software issues? Let me know!

Thanks in advance
    01-12-2012 04:55 AM
    I'm shopping around for a Titan and I've just been wondering what the known issues are with this phone? I understand that calling can sound hollow but can be fixed with some electrical tape, which is fine with me.

Are there any other issues that I should look out for? Build issues? Software issues? Let me know!

Thanks in advance
    I'm proud to say that Titan is the only phone I've ever had that doesn't have a single issue :D(that can't be fixed)
    Sound/Call/Build quality are all awesome and WP7 is a slick OS which just flies on the Titan! and the large screen is just awesome :D and it's so thin too and of course the camera is just great.

However,people are reporting a bug in the phone(WP7 specific) which causes phone to restart but I haven't has this issue.
    boss.king likes this.
    01-12-2012 05:33 AM
    Be careful with the USB port. It's a little flimsy. And the location on the side could mean you'll hit the cord sometimes if it's plugged in.
    01-12-2012 08:39 AM
    Turn off SRS. It causes video/game stuttering. Also makes the audio pops worse.

Wifi speed is fine but the range is limited in comparison to other phones. My Focus can connect to networks my Titan can't even see.

Any random restarts and you should take your phone back immediately. Of all the "problems" this is the clearest sign of a defective phone.

Always be ready to say, "That's what she said" when someone comments on the size of your phone.
    01-12-2012 08:53 AM
    F8D kept the Titan, I see.

boss.king... I never "looked" for issues/problems with my devices. I let them come to me with natural use, which it did on the Titan.
    01-12-2012 09:38 AM
    F8D kept the Titan, I see.

boss.king... I never "looked" for issues/problems with my devices. I let them come to me with natural use, which it did on the Titan.
    I did. I wanted to exchange it for another but realized I probably had one of the "better" Titans after hearing some of the horror stories.
    01-12-2012 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys
    01-12-2012 01:34 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys
    No problem =)
    01-12-2012 01:39 PM
    I did. I wanted to exchange it for another but realized I probably had one of the "better" Titans after hearing some of the horror stories.
    I probably had one of those good ones as well (the best it was gonna get), but the issues I did have, annoyed me enough to swap, sadly :blush:
    Last edited by duvi; 01-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    01-12-2012 01:40 PM
    Received my Titan on Dec 12, and I've only heard complaints about voice quality twice in all of the calls I have made. As such, I have not taped the top mic yet.
    01-12-2012 02:33 PM
    Been watching review like crazy, I'm so desperate for a new phone now. Just a feww more weeks til I can afford the Titan though, and hopefully it gets Apollo.

BTW, I'm not looking for flaws, I just want to see if these issues will be covered by my warranty (NZ isn't as easy on the consumer as the US)
    01-13-2012 05:25 AM
    It will get Apollo and Tango.
    01-13-2012 08:08 AM

Thanks in advance
    If you're looking for problems for a device that you haven't purchased then I suggest you get something else, if not just buy it and enjoy it.
    01-13-2012 11:31 AM
    If you're looking for problems for a device that you haven't purchased then I suggest you get something else, if not just buy it and enjoy it.
    Read my last post. Im checking for warranty purposes because I can't afford to be buying phones all the time.
    01-13-2012 01:08 PM
    Read my last post. Im checking for warranty purposes because I can't afford to be buying phones all the time.
    I stand by my statement.
    01-13-2012 01:19 PM
    I stand by my statement.
    Cool. I'll still just go ahead with what I was doing then. Thanks for the concern.
    01-13-2012 01:42 PM
    Research is the sign of a smart consumer.
    01-13-2012 02:35 PM
    Research is the sign of a smart consumer.
    Thanks F8D. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It seems that as I'll be getting the European unlocked version I might be avoiding a lot of the problems, which would be great. Regardless of bugs, the Titan is the phone I want, I just wanted to know if I was risking my *** with regards to repairs and warranty.

Thanks for all the contributions everyone, I hope to be posting as an owner in the next few weeks.
    01-13-2012 09:10 PM
    OP you could check the sticky

http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/184170.htm
    01-14-2012 10:26 AM
    I'd say look out for people to go "Woah!!! WTF is that? Let me see! Holy cr** that is one big a** phone! Look at how cool this is! Where did you get it? I want one! Let me go show my friends!"
    HeyCori and cyrus_the_great like this.
    01-14-2012 12:17 PM
    So I decided today was the day, I'm gonna put my money down on this phone... went to the only NZ website that stocks the Titan... 'Item is currently out of stock'. FML

I really hope they get some more because I want this phone pretty bad.
    01-17-2012 04:16 AM
    Aw that's rotten, is this any good for you boss.king ?

EXPANSYS New Zealand

No idea if the price is any good or not for you though sorry. :)
    01-17-2012 04:22 AM
    Aw that's rotten, is this any good for you boss.king ?

EXPANSYS New Zealand

No idea if the price is any good or not for you though sorry. :)
    That's actually cheaper than what I was going to pay on the other site. I can't believe I ne'er found this in my searches, thank you so much WeeBear
    01-17-2012 04:38 AM
    Oh that's great boss.king, you're very welcome, hope you get sorted out soon my friend. :)
    01-17-2012 04:41 AM
    Turn off SRS. It causes video/game stuttering. Also makes the audio pops worse.
    What are the advantages or SRS exactly? I wonder if turning off SRS (and decreasing the terrible audio pops) is worth it, compared to the advantages.
    01-17-2012 04:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD