This is my second Titan (traded first for a SGS2 and returned) but on this phone im having a weird issue where randomly (and often) my Titan wont pull any data from my wifi network. Its connected and all but suddenly it gets stuck loading a page or buffering a video etc. where its stuck like there is no data connection or something. I always toggle wifi on and off to get it going again or unplug/plug the router. Has this ever happened? I just want to know if there is something in my Titans antenna or is it the router because I never has this issue before with previous phones including my first Titan...

sEnT fRoM mY TiTaN(iC) BeAsT
    01-14-2012 10:41 PM
    Yes, I believe that has happened with my Titan as well. The WiFi just doesn't seem to work that well.. also shows very weak or NO signal sometimes when I'm not even far away from the router!
    01-16-2012 06:00 PM
    The problem that you might be running into is the "death grip" issue. Try loading a page while the phone is out of your hands. For example set your phone down on a table. Than afterwards try loading the same page while the phone is in your hands. I've had this happen to me before. I bought a case and it solved the problem. Also, just a quick note. I have had 3 different cases for my Titan and 2 of them worked. The case that didn't work was a flimsy plastic case. The other 2 were pretty sturdy plastic. Hope this helps.
    01-17-2012 05:38 PM
    Same here. With my iPhone 4 I could connect from 1 block away from my house and can't get a signal with the Titan out the front door. The main problem is automatically reconnecting to Wifi as it only reconnects sporadically if at all. Especially if I am in my house far from the router. Frustrating.
    01-17-2012 05:41 PM
    Titan def has a weak set of antennae. Sucks because otherwise its an amazing device.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    01-17-2012 05:46 PM
    Might have something to do with my router, WNDR3700. I was connecting to an ATTwifi hotspot much more quickly tonight. What routers are you guys using?
    01-17-2012 09:30 PM
    I've noticed this happens when I am at work and I am connecting to a Sonicwall Wireless N Device. It connects to the wifi, but then when I try to browse the internet or open my people hub it doesn't update. But at home on an old Belking 54G router, I have no issues at all.
    01-18-2012 02:40 PM
    That is interesting. I wonder if people who are having issues are using N rather than G. I use G with an older Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT and I have zero issues with signal. Even sitting outside in my car I have full signal. I have no idea how it does on N.
    01-18-2012 03:02 PM
    That is interesting. I wonder if people who are having issues are using N rather than G. I use G with an older Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT and I have zero issues with signal. Even sitting outside in my car I have full signal. I have no idea how it does on N.
    That's strange because N has further range than G. If I remember correctly I have a Motorola Surfboard at home and I lose signal strength when I'm just a couple feet away. I wonder if there's anything I can do to make the range better.
    01-18-2012 03:31 PM
    well, it might not make you happy, but the only way i could fix this wifi issue is to turn off mobile data. sounds weird, but if i have mobile data turned on, wifi drops after some time (even with all bars sites won't load).

so, currently, as soon as i get home i turn mobile data off and wifi keeps working 100% smooth.

hope this helps :)
    01-18-2012 04:08 PM
    ps: i think it's a known htc titan bug. htc published a statement like "everyone turns mobile data off as soon as they have wifi. so it's no bug" :D
    01-18-2012 04:09 PM
    well i tried the turning data of and then wifi but didn't help m,y phone still has this bug!
    01-19-2012 05:29 AM
    I just got off the phone with an HTC rep. She told me that HTC is aware of the WiFi issues with the Titan. They are currently working on a fix for the WiFi drivers. She did not give me a release date or scehdule, but my hunch is it will be released with a fix for the mic issue. Hopefully, we will see this around the same time 8107 rolls out on AT&T.
    sfleuriet likes this.
    01-23-2012 02:56 PM
    I turned wifi off because I'm doing a test to see how much data I use in a month. Since turning it off four days ago it seems like the People hub works much better. Sometimes it would just hang while trying to download updates. Now updates download much quicker. And while my speeds on wifi are obviously faster the fact that I don't even worry about the Titan's glitchy wifi means I spend more time doing what I need and less time checking to see if wifi is working.
    01-23-2012 03:39 PM
    Ah good news that htc are aware of the issue but we need the update soon. I have already had the 8107 update on this but its getting sent of on wednesday to get repaqired the issues im having are beond a joke now.
    01-23-2012 03:55 PM
    I recently had similar issues when I installed a new 802.11n router. I found the cause of my issues was the router Channel Bandwidth was set to "20/40". Setting it to "20" fixed the issue for me.
    01-23-2012 06:25 PM
    I recently had similar issues when I installed a new 802.11n router. I found the cause of my issues was the router Channel Bandwidth was set to "20/40". Setting it to "20" fixed the issue for me.
    That's actually a universal issue with N routers. 40 mhz is completely unstable for most clients. 20 always fixes issues for every client device.
    01-24-2012 02:03 AM
    That happened once in a while on my TITAN. It happens more often on my FOCUS Flash, though. But, yes, I've experienced that.
    01-24-2012 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD