[Q] Do I have a defected device ?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
[Q] Switching to the Titan, but need some advice

Hello everyone,

I've been an android user for a year and a half now, but after getting a grip of a WP device I am surely making the switch, and the Titan has caught my eyes from the first sight!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding where to get the phone from and what version should I get?
I live in the Middle-East and the phone is currently unavailable here but I want to get it from the internet, there are many versions of the Titan and I am not quite sure which one should I buy!
Here are the options I got and I don't know which one I should go with:

1- The AT&T version: I've read that the AT&T version had some problems regarding voice quality but its the cheapest among them all (around 500$ and I need to unlock it of course).
2- The international version -don't know what's it called really- factory unlocked on amazon for 675$.
3- The UK version on ebay for 600$, factory unlocked.

Considering the fact that I am kinda a noob regarding these stuff, I would like to hear your suggestions, what difference is there between all these three and what should I get for someone living on the other side of the world, also would like to know what the UK version differs from the others.
and is there a chance that the phone won't work with my carrier, what info should I ask them for and check before buying the device ?

thanks a lot for your time, any help is much appreciated

Last edited:

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've been an android user for a year and a half now, but after getting a grip of a WP device I am surely making the switch, and the Titan has caught my eyes from the first sight!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding where to get the phone from and what version should I get?
I live in the Middle-East and the phone is currently unavailable here but I want to get it from the internet, there are many versions of the Titan and I am not quite sure which one should I buy!
Here are the options I got and I don't know which one I should go with:

1- The AT&T version: I've read that the AT&T version had some problems regarding voice quality but its the cheapest among them all (around 500$ and I need to unlock it of course).
2- The international version -don't know what's it called really- factory unlocked on amazon for 675$.
3- The UK version on ebay for 600$, factory unlocked.

Considering the fact that I am kinda a noob regarding these stuff, I would like to hear your suggestions, what difference is there between all these three and what should I get for someone living on the other side of the world, also would like to know what the UK version differs from the others.
and is there a chance that the phone won't work with my carrier, what info should I ask them for and check before buying the device ?

thanks a lot for your time, any help is much appreciated

I'd say avoid the AT&T version if you can, from what I've read it has more issues than the others. Concerning your carrier, look at what frequencies your carrier uses (look on their site or call them up and ask) and see if these correspond with the frequencies supported by the phone you decide to get.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd say avoid the AT&T version if you can, from what I've read it has more issues than the others. Concerning your carrier, look at what frequencies your carrier uses (look on their site or call them up and ask) and see if these correspond with the frequencies supported by the phone you decide to get.

Thanks a lot for your advice, but if I may ask for another thing, what does the UK version differ in from the international one? it's cheaper but don't know if it'll work with my carrier or not -I know this is a noob Q but I really don't know! lol-

thanks again

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your advice, but if I may ask for another thing, what does the UK version differ in from the international one? it's cheaper but don't know if it'll work with my carrier or not -I know this is a noob Q but I really don't know! lol-

thanks again
As far as I know they're the same model. I could be wrong but I couldn't find any differences between them. I ordered the international/European version the other day, it seems to be the better version.

Hopefully someone can either confirm or correct me.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know they're the same model. I could be wrong but I couldn't find any differences between them. I ordered the international/European version the other day, it seems to be the better version.

Hopefully someone can either confirm or correct me.

yea, I guess I am gonna order the international version then !

thanks a lot for your advice :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Just for reference if you are ordering an international GSM phone:

AT&T uses 850/1900 for 3G

T-Mobile uses 1700/2100aws for 3G

Europe uses 900/2100 for 3G

The best option would be a pentaband phone which covers all frequencies, but your options are limited here. My Nokia N8 has pentaband and I use it on AT&T and my wife's uses her Nokia N8 on T-mobile, and they both work great on 3G. The only other pentaband phone I have seen recently is the GSM Galaxy Nexus.

I normally always get unlock/unbranded international versions.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Just for reference if you are ordering an international GSM phone:

AT&T uses 850/1900 for 3G

T-Mobile uses 1700/2100aws for 3G

Europe uses 900/2100 for 3G

The best option would be a pentaband phone which covers all frequencies, but your options are limited here. My Nokia N8 has pentaband and I use it on AT&T and my wife's uses her Nokia N8 on T-mobile, and they both work great on 3G. The only other pentaband phone I have seen recently is the GSM Galaxy Nexus.

I normally always get unlock/unbranded international versions.

I am kind of confused because of the stupid costumer service I get on my carrier !! I asked them specifically for the frequencies used for 3G connection by them and the stupid employee said she doesn't know! hehe unbelievable

anyways, for the UK version it's written 3G: [HSDPA 850/900/2100 Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900] and for the international one: [2G network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100] so that doesn't leave any difference between them regarding the frequencies demanded,
but what I wanted to know is what differs the UK version from that one? because the supplier of the UK version ships to my country while on Amazon I have to send it to a friend and he'll send it back and its also cheaper for the UK one.

Any ideas ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire