Stand Alone battery charger?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a stand-alone battery charger that can charge the battery in the Titan? Where it charges the battery by itself?

My USB port isn't in the best condition, and I would like to avoid having to keep plugging it in unless I have to. So I'd love to be able to just keep switching fully charged batteries into it.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, I was thinking of getting this.

3X 1800mAh Battery +Wall Dock Charger For HTC Sensation XE XL 4G Titan Eternity | eBay

What do you guys think?

Oh... So, I talked to an HTC rep to get a feeling to see if the damage would be covered under warranty.

He said it might be. Might not be. If it's determined that it's a design flaw that led to the damage, then yes. If it's user abuse, then no.

Said that things like, "Talking on the phone and moving it while it's plugged in" could be considered user abuse.

WTF? Really? I could understand if someone yanked on it. But geez...

But also said that my phone is so new, that the damage might be a design flaw.

But said there is no facility or representative in the area that is authorized to look at it and make an assessment. It would have to be sent to their repair facility. At that facility they would determine if it's covered or not. Great. Oh.... I mean not great.

If it is covered, they'd fix it.

If it's not covered, they could fix it for anywhere between $75-$300. If I choose not to get it fixed by them it would cost $35 to ship it back to me. WTF? So I have to send it there and be without my phone for several days just to find out if it's something that's covered? And if it's not, I can't have my phone back unless I pay them money? Anyone else see something messed up about that?

So yeah.. I'm not sending it.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol HTC customer support kind of sucks, huh? Sorry about that.

Anyway, I've always wondered why are chargers for phone batteries not widely available. I mean Mugen Power made their own extended "slim" battery, but didn't bother to make a charger. Instead, all I can find is chargers from China, and I have no idea if those will cause the battery to blow up in my face if I use them.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol HTC customer support kind of sucks, huh? Sorry about that.

Anyway, I've always wondered why are chargers for phone batteries not widely available. I mean Mugen Power made their own extended "slim" battery, but didn't bother to make a charger. Instead, all I can find is chargers from China, and I have no idea if those will cause the battery to blow up in my face if I use them.

That's why this is the most important accessory.

masque_gammesoudage1.gif

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I think I'd rather have one of these:

Anyway, I did some research, and I found that the Titan uses the same battery as the Sensation XL. Unfortunately I couldn't find any battery chargers for that either.

So I did some more research and found that even though they're a different model, the batteries for the Amaze 4G and Evo 3D have the same design as the one used in the Titan and they are compatible. Furthermore, the HTC Titan has a 1600mAh battery while the Amaze/Evo 3D batteries have a capacity of 1730mAh. Makes me wonder, why did they put a 1600mAh battery in the Titan when they had another same size battery that has more capacity? Maybe because they thought the Titan didn't need it and wanted to save a couple dollars per phone?

Anyway, since the batteries are the same size and compatible, I was thinking that maybe you could pick up a charger from a reputable company like Seidio for the Amaze 4G or Evo 3D batteries and use that to charge the Titan battery. In addition, if you're going to buy a second battery you might want to grab the bigger 1730mAh battery, or maybe even try one of the extended slim batteries for the Amaze 4G/Evo 3D with 1900mAh (which should work given that they're "slim" so they should be the same size).

I would try to buy legit HTC batteries or ones from reputable companies. Sometimes the really cheap ones on eBay don't have the capacity that they advertise.

HTC Titan (WP7) - XDA-Developers
Amaze battery tested ..fits perfectly..1730mah - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium