Audio jack issues

tomhousecat

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So, just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm having an isolated incident, or if this is something you guys are experiencing too (and maybe have a fix for?)

The audio jack on my Titan sucks. Sound quality is great, but it just wont keep the 3.5mm connector in place. Anytime I plug my headphones into my Titan, I have to spend a good 10 seconds rotating it around until I hear a good sound quality - then, when I drop it back into my pocket, theres a 50/50 chance that the connection is immediately dislodged and audio is cut off, or starts playing through the speaker.

What's worse is that I use my phone for playing music through my car stereo daily - and again, the same dance of having to jiggle the connection (while getting frighteningly loud audio pops through my stereo) until it's in the right place, and then if I so much as nudge the audio cord, I'm pretty much guaranteed to have my music stop. Really, really aggravating.

Is this happening with any of your guys devices, or should I drop by the local Microsoft store to check my unit against theirs?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Well, you just made me try my Titan's headphones for the very first time. :lol:

I used the headphones that were supplied with the Titan by the way tomhousecat.

I was surprised at how good they are, I always use my bluetooth headset so that's why I've never tried them before.

Once inserted, i shook the Titan about, tapped on the headphone jack and it was fine, so I think you may have a wee problem there.

They seem solid here and nothing caused any interference.

Welcome along to WPCentral tomhousecat. :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The headphone jack holds my headphones super-tight. It's actually a little difficult to get it out. Sound is great even with a bit of shaking and tapping. Is it by any chance an AT&T Titan?

tomhousecat

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
TheWeeBear said I had a wee problem.
I chuckled.

Thanks for the welcome, and yea, its an AT&T model, boss. Although, of all things for a carrier to change, the audio jack? Really?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the AT&T model was just made at a lower cost, and it seems either some corners were cut or there were significant quality control issues.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried different sets of headphones, ie, different connectors? I definitely don't have this issue with my AT&T Titan.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an At&t titan and my headphone jack work fine. It actually holds my headphone in place pretty good. Maybe a bad headphone jack or maybe try a different set of headphones to troubleshoot ? :)

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use (of all things) Skullcandy "Titan" buds lol. They sound great and have not had any issues either. Use them everyday multiple times, coat pocket and pants pocket. Sorry to hear your having this issue.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I use (of all things) Skullcandy "Titan" buds lol. They sound great and have not had any issues either. Use them everyday multiple times, coat pocket and pants pocket. Sorry to hear your having this issue.

Haha so do I. They're even the same gunmetal grey, all purely coincidental. I didn't realize until you pointed it out, its put a smile on my face

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am pretty happy with the overall audio performance on my Titan, including the audio jack, volume, lack of pops. The ONLY thing it does that annoys me is a nasty thump when I first plug in an aux jack.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am pretty happy with the overall audio performance on my Titan, including the audio jack, volume, lack of pops. The ONLY thing it does that annoys me is a nasty thump when I first plug in an aux jack.
Yes that annoys me too every time I plug it into the Aux cord in my truck.

Having owned the Focus and Focus S, I can say the quality and volume of the audio that the Titan puts out through an Aux cord in my truck is MUCH better than the Samsung handsets.

tomhousecat

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
One trip to the microsoft store and one new Titan later, all audio issues fixed. Thanks guys, I probably would have kept living with this if there wasn't such a resounding "no".

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
One trip to the microsoft store and one new Titan later, all audio issues fixed. Thanks guys, I probably would have kept living with this if there wasn't such a resounding "no".

That's great!

I've never been to the Microsoft Store before, but is it typical of them to replace a WP device that has an issue sort of like how Apple does for their products? I'm just curious, because from what I hear HTC customer support isn't the greatest. If I buy a device from HTC, I'd rather deal with the Microsoft Store than HTC CS if possible.

tomhousecat

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Not to revive a dead thread, but three months later, and the same issue resurfaces. The clips that "hold" the 3.5mm connector seem to get worn out after daily use. I've contacted HTC customer support to see if they have a solution.

But really, am I the only one that this has happened to? It seems HTC even took note of it in making the TITAN II. Comapre the audio jacks, and you'll see the II with a fully enclosed back.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Not to revive a dead thread, but three months later, and the same issue resurfaces. The clips that "hold" the 3.5mm connector seem to get worn out after daily use. I've contacted HTC customer support to see if they have a solution.

But really, am I the only one that this has happened to? It seems HTC even took note of it in making the TITAN II. Comapre the audio jacks, and you'll see the II with a fully enclosed back.

No problem with mine. Maybe pay Microsoft Store a visit? You might get lucky and get a Titan II (I doubt it though).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte