Broken camera glass. What to do now?

et10yl

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So I was using my Titan, and within the first 2 weeks, the camera glass broke. Strange because it's got a case and screen protector and I baby it. Hasn't had any falls. Stays in my pocket and hadn't had any impacts that I imagine might have caused this. I did take a trip up to somewhere colder and it was about 32 degrees out when I pulled the phone outta my pocket and noticed the crack. I brought it into the AT&T store and they said physical damage wasn't covered under warranty, but I've seriously not had anything happen to the phone beyond normal usage. What to do now?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that happened to your camera lens. You normally hear more about screen cracks than camera lens cracks. Unless you bought the phone insurance, I am afraid there is not much you can do but buy a new phone.

A lot of people like to carry their phones in their pocket. I am not sure that's a real safe way to carry it. If you put a CD in your pocket and sit down, the CD will bend, so pockets can cause a lot to be put on the phone. In fact, I had this warning on the main screen of my Trophy when i bought it about carrying he phone in your pocket: http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/180214.htm

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. It's only two weeks old right? So they're not allowing a return?

I don't really like how the camera sticks out. The plastic lens protecting the camera on my Titan actually has scratches, and I take good care of my phones. =/

po0ky

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking maybe its better to remove the camera lens glass altogether.

Previous phones I owned didn't have it and their camera lasted alot longer.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I mistakenly left my Titan in my pocket (it's so thin!) while laying on the ground airing up the spare tire in my truck. I didn't even realize I was laying on it. No damage at all. When I put it in my pocket, I face the screen to my leg so the camera was facing out.

et10yl

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. It's only two weeks old right? So they're not allowing a return?

I don't really like how the camera sticks out. The plastic lens protecting the camera on my Titan actually has scratches, and I take good care of my phones. =/
@alpinestars1Z: No, no returns. It's actually older than 2 weeks because they shipped it to me and I didn't want to use it until my case and screen protector (which took awhile to ship to me) were on. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have found a better design around this! One of the reasons I loved my old Nokia N97 was the lens cover which protected the lens.

@po0ky: Did you ever have problems with dust on your previous phones without glass covering the lens? Did they come like that or did you remove the glass?

@kevm14: I do the same. Screen facing in, back facing out. Again though, I feel this is within normal limits of usage and am surprised that the glass broke so easily... Still not sure what broke it as it wasn't like I was running around doing gymnastics and running into things constantly.

po0ky

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My nokia n97 lens cover didn't do anything for the lens. The lens cover would always slide open just carrying it in my pocket. I remember people in forums suggesting to remove the nokia n97 lens cover altogether because dust would pile up under the lens cover damaging the lens when sliding it open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos