So I was using my Titan, and within the first 2 weeks, the camera glass broke. Strange because it's got a case and screen protector and I baby it. Hasn't had any falls. Stays in my pocket and hadn't had any impacts that I imagine might have caused this. I did take a trip up to somewhere colder and it was about 32 degrees out when I pulled the phone outta my pocket and noticed the crack. I brought it into the AT&T store and they said physical damage wasn't covered under warranty, but I've seriously not had anything happen to the phone beyond normal usage. What to do now?
    02-18-2012 11:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that happened to your camera lens. You normally hear more about screen cracks than camera lens cracks. Unless you bought the phone insurance, I am afraid there is not much you can do but buy a new phone.

A lot of people like to carry their phones in their pocket. I am not sure that's a real safe way to carry it. If you put a CD in your pocket and sit down, the CD will bend, so pockets can cause a lot to be put on the phone. In fact, I had this warning on the main screen of my Trophy when i bought it about carrying he phone in your pocket: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ion/180214.htm
    02-18-2012 11:39 PM
    Sorry to hear about that. It's only two weeks old right? So they're not allowing a return?

I don't really like how the camera sticks out. The plastic lens protecting the camera on my Titan actually has scratches, and I take good care of my phones. =/
    02-19-2012 03:29 AM
    I was thinking maybe its better to remove the camera lens glass altogether.

Previous phones I owned didn't have it and their camera lasted alot longer.
    02-19-2012 05:29 AM
    I mistakenly left my Titan in my pocket (it's so thin!) while laying on the ground airing up the spare tire in my truck. I didn't even realize I was laying on it. No damage at all. When I put it in my pocket, I face the screen to my leg so the camera was facing out.
    02-19-2012 11:52 AM
    Sorry to hear about that. It's only two weeks old right? So they're not allowing a return?

I don't really like how the camera sticks out. The plastic lens protecting the camera on my Titan actually has scratches, and I take good care of my phones. =/
    @alpinestars1Z: No, no returns. It's actually older than 2 weeks because they shipped it to me and I didn't want to use it until my case and screen protector (which took awhile to ship to me) were on. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have found a better design around this! One of the reasons I loved my old Nokia N97 was the lens cover which protected the lens.

@po0ky: Did you ever have problems with dust on your previous phones without glass covering the lens? Did they come like that or did you remove the glass?

@kevm14: I do the same. Screen facing in, back facing out. Again though, I feel this is within normal limits of usage and am surprised that the glass broke so easily... Still not sure what broke it as it wasn't like I was running around doing gymnastics and running into things constantly.
    02-19-2012 01:13 PM
    My nokia n97 lens cover didn't do anything for the lens. The lens cover would always slide open just carrying it in my pocket. I remember people in forums suggesting to remove the nokia n97 lens cover altogether because dust would pile up under the lens cover damaging the lens when sliding it open.
    02-20-2012 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD