Got the titan today.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, made a phone call to the answering machine at the house to compare the titan and the galaxy. The called from the titan was muffled compared to the one on the galaxy. It was like listening to an fm radio in mono and then in stereo, but both were easy to understand. Not a deal breaker for me, testing will continue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Get a Zagg Shield and ditch the cases. You pay alot money for a phone, and then cover it in cheap cases. it makes no sense, you aren't using them for that long and dropping them isn't that bad considering how many times it happens over a 2 year period (it's a single digit and on one hand for me).

I like to show the beauty of the device, and it tends to make it more comfy to use and more accessible to use. I've dropped my phones many times with the zagg shields and if they are put on with care, they are the best protection you could ask for. That is my suggestion if the case seems to be the problem.

I agree with you on the case situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone knows if using a white theme consumes more battery than using a dark theme on the LCD display of the titan.

I have always read that it does. I've never noticed more battery drain with either a white or black theme, to be honest.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking the phone more and more each day. The network is killing me though. Once I leave the house, I'm wanting to drive straight to the nearest at&t store and return it.

The lack of apps doesn't bother me since I know they'll grow over time like android did. The single core proc doesn't bother me since it's so smooth overall. I love the social media aspect better than my Android device as it truly integrates everything more intuitively.

What good is all of this connectivity, integration, and potential if everything goes down the toilet when it comes to the network? Sorry if I sound frustrated but I've never seen such shoddy network performance. On Sprint, it was never this bad for me and I won't even get into VZW.

I'm on day 6 of 30. Any words of encouragement to help me keep this this magnificent device or do I throw in the towel and hope for better luck with the Titan 2 one day?

I was with VZW for years (Blackberry...Droid Pro... Trophy), then switched to at&t with the penny sale on Windows phones @ Thanksgiving. Went through 3 Titans (multiple issues including, but not limited to call quality). Ended my 30-day window w/ Samsung Focus S.

Liked the Samsung phone, but had connectivity problems. In early 2012, had to get iPhone, and now have 4s. Never wanted iPhone, never expected to like it, but I LOVE it.

However, not loving the at&t network. We are now HSPA+ (good) - yet I not infrequently get "no service" indicator... or Edge... or one little teeny bar. In more than 10 yrs w/ Verizon, never had a problem - here or while traveling *anywhere*. I am often in convention centers / hotel conf centers where at&t has no signal and Verizon is fine. On every break, people are comparing their signals and borrowing phones.

I am regretting the move to at&t. When NEXT iPhone drops, I will be back w/ Verizon. Having tried the alternative, I will be back and happy to stay there for a while.

For what its worth, hope it helps to have more info from n of 1!

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, today some people stated they had some trouble hearing me on the phone. Is that an indication of the troubles of the call quality problem? Because if it is I would rather return the phone and hang to galaxy s2 until the lumina 900 comes out. Will continue to use during the day and see.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was with VZW for years (Blackberry...Droid Pro... Trophy), then switched to at&t with the penny sale on Windows phones @ Thanksgiving. Went through 3 Titans (multiple issues including, but not limited to call quality). Ended my 30-day window w/ Samsung Focus S.

Liked the Samsung phone, but had connectivity problems. In early 2012, had to get iPhone, and now have 4s. Never wanted iPhone, never expected to like it, but I LOVE it.

However, not loving the at&t network. We are now HSPA+ (good) - yet I not infrequently get "no service" indicator... or Edge... or one little teeny bar. In more than 10 yrs w/ Verizon, never had a problem - here or while traveling *anywhere*. I am often in convention centers / hotel conf centers where at&t has no signal and Verizon is fine. On every break, people are comparing their signals and borrowing phones.

I am regretting the move to at&t. When NEXT iPhone drops, I will be back w/ Verizon. Having tried the alternative, I will be back and happy to stay there for a while.

For what its worth, hope it helps to have more info from n of 1!

I did end up returning it. The guy at the store wanted to debate me on what I should have been getting network wise (he stated around 6-8MB) and I showed him the speed tests to prove otherwise. I think what most put me off about the rep was that he didn't offer any suggestions, a possible exchange for another device to try out, or make any true effort to retain me. I told him how much I truly LOVED this device and when the Titan II comes out, I'll be all over that like a spider monkey. He just processed the return, refunded my .01, and that was that.

Orlando is a 4G LTE market. I want that Titan II badly. Can't wait to get back to this device. I may even port my number and become a more permanent resident on AT&T, provided I can get some decent network speeds and they don't allow it to deteriorate like they did in the past.

Still going to keep reading all of your posts and updates on here, because I'm really sold on WP7. Solid OS, smooth, and growing. That's the biggest part for me.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did end up returning it. The guy at the store wanted to debate me on what I should have been getting network wise (he stated around 6-8MB) and I showed him the speed tests to prove otherwise. I think what most put me off about the rep was that he didn't offer any suggestions, a possible exchange for another device to try out, or make any true effort to retain me. I told him how much I truly LOVED this device and when the Titan II comes out, I'll be all over that like a spider monkey. He just processed the return, refunded my .01, and that was that.

Orlando is a 4G LTE market. I want that Titan II badly. Can't wait to get back to this device. I may even port my number and become a more permanent resident on AT&T, provided I can get some decent network speeds and they don't allow it to deteriorate like they did in the past.

Still going to keep reading all of your posts and updates on here, because I'm really sold on WP7. Solid OS, smooth, and growing. That's the biggest part for me.
6-8 seems high to me. I guess more around the 2-4 range.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, returned the titan. It was a good try, really enjoyed wp7. I just couldn't risk the call problems everyone seems to be having. I returned to my galaxy s2, but I will look at the nokia 900 when it comes out, nokia drive seems like a good replacement for google navigation and the 5 gb throttling speeds for my unlimited data plan.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, returned the titan. It was a good try, really enjoyed wp7. I just couldn't risk the call problems everyone seems to be having. I returned to my galaxy s2, but I will look at the nokia 900 when it comes out, nokia drive seems like a good replacement for google navigation and the 5 gb throttling speeds for my unlimited data plan.

Other than the call quality, was there anything else you didn't like?

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than the call quality, was there anything else you didn't like?
No, I guess the besides the quality call I missed the turn by turn navigation that I get from android. Considering the lumia 900 because it would give me the nokia drive app and bump to the 5 gb tier for the throttling instead of the 3 gb for the hspa+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos