Got the titan today.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the titan one the penny sale. Right now I'm getting it ready, I will use it for a couple of days and compare it to my galaxy s2. For a penny there is nothing to lose. Will report back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

pfe1223

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wish I had known about the store policy to match the online price. My Titan shipped tonight whereas I could have picked one up on Friday when I placed the order. Oh well.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Titan family. Love it. Agree with neftv. Would love to know how the call quality is. Fortunately, I don't make many calls. I hear everything well and clear but have had complaints on the receiving end.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First impressions. The phone feels solid, heavier than my galaxy with a case. like it. Love the size of the screen. Trying to find a good twitter client.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, please report back on sound quality. Both of the titans I had l, had horrible sound quality. Would be nice to know if they finally release handsets that resolved the call quality issues. Also, that's awesome that they price matched.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Sucks that if you order online, the 3 day window of the activation fee sticking starts the day you order. So, today is officially day 3 for me. If I decide I don't like, I'm stuck unless I return it today.

So far, LOVE the interface. Very smooth and responsive. A little disappointed on the lack of apps, but I'm sure that will grow in time. I guess I was just trying to download as many of the same apps that I have on my Droid Bionic as a comparison.

Where I'm located in central Florida (Orlando) is listed as an HSPA+ network, but I gotta be honest that even when in downtown O-Town, 2.1 MB down is really disappointing when things are near instant on my Bionic. I'm spoiled, I'm not gonna lie.

I need the Titan on an LTE network and I think I'd be extremely happy. However, I'm going to continue to evaluate since today is my first full day with it.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Eager to hear about the sound quality issue too. Regardless I hope that it is a non issue with the Titan II.

Tampa/St. Pete/Bradenton/Sarasota just recieved LTE two weeks ago. Thank you RNC!

Hopefully I will be accessing those blazing speeds by Sunday.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I got a Titan in November. I love the phone. The sound quality issue is starting to become more of a problem. I don't have it as much when on speaker phone but experience it a lot when off speaker phone. I wonder if getting a blue tooth ear piece would bypass the issue altogether. If not, I ma have to replace which is going to hurt because I am on contract. However, not being heard defeats the purpose of having a phone. I would wait for Apollo devices before doing that. This will make nw think twice before buying another HTC phone.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
not a peep about sound quality???

I haven't had any trouble with sound quality. I must say that almost all of my calls today have been using the Bluetooth on my car.
Battery life was better with the normal use that I make I got 9 hours, before getting the low battery warning.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
How about making a test call with someone using phone directly no bluetooth?
How does the caller sound when you put the phone to ear and how do they say you sound in clarity and quality?

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How about making a test call with someone using phone directly no bluetooth?
How does the caller sound when you put the phone to ear and how do they say you sound in clarity and quality?
Made a couple of calls without the bluetooth. One was about 15 min long and the other ones between 5-8. I would asked them if they had any problems hearing me clearly and always was told that they had no problems. I purposefully went to some areas that I knew with signal problems but the call held well. Testing continues.

pfe1223

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Opened up my Titan an hour or so ago. One of the first things I did was call my wife. She said my voice was a little muffled. It was nothing serious, about what you expect for some calls on a cell phone. Her voice came through great. Still getting used to the wide screen and new OS.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
well time to put the titan to charge. Does anyone know if there's any sound enhancements for the music app? Something like eq.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Sucks that if you order online, the 3 day window of the activation fee sticking starts the day you order. So, today is officially day 3 for me. If I decide I don't like, I'm stuck unless I return it today.

So far, LOVE the interface. Very smooth and responsive. A little disappointed on the lack of apps, but I'm sure that will grow in time. I guess I was just trying to download as many of the same apps that I have on my Droid Bionic as a comparison.

Where I'm located in central Florida (Orlando) is listed as an HSPA+ network, but I gotta be honest that even when in downtown O-Town, 2.1 MB down is really disappointing when things are near instant on my Bionic. I'm spoiled, I'm not gonna lie.

I need the Titan on an LTE network and I think I'd be extremely happy. However, I'm going to continue to evaluate since today is my first full day with it.
Titan not LTE. Titan II is LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs