Hey, guys. The thread title says it all. I just bought a Titan off Craigs and I'm giving WP7 another go. I'm coming off of an iPhone 4s and before that a Galaxy Note. Love the OS, especially the Facebook/Twitter integration. This is my second (technically third) Windows Phone. I had a Samsung Focus, then a Focus S. I bought a Titan II a few days ago, but it had a dead pixel and I got pissed off when my Google account wouldn't sync and took it back. Since I got the Titan 1 for half the price on Craigs, I figured I'd go for it. Other than the camera and LTE, it's not that much different.

Any advice/recommendations specific to the Titan? Accessories I should get, apps I need, settings I should adjust, etc? Do you think the Titan was a good value for half the price of the Titan II new, or should I just go for the Titan II again?

Would love your feedback.
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-15-2012 06:03 PM
    As far as I know SRS enhancement causes choppiness in games and should be disabled. I don't know if this has been fixed but I disabled it on mine when I got it and its been fine so far.
    04-15-2012 07:49 PM
    Just got mine a few days ago. Check out the case-mate case if you're looking to protect your phone.

T1 or T2 depends if you want LTE and the 16mp camera.

I'm fine with the T1
    04-15-2012 07:54 PM
    The main drawback of the Titan I is that the audio quality isn't as good as the Titan II (oh, and the 16MP camera). There's still no word from HTC about what will be done other than "we're looking into it." Also, the SRS that was already mentioned. As far as apps go, there's not too much that makes HTC standout. There's burst mode and panorama for the camera, both are pretty sweet. Then HTC Locations got upgraded to offline maps, free for 30 days. Oh, and welcome back to the club!
    04-15-2012 11:05 PM
    I am headed to the Titan today. Been using a Samsung Focus (the origial) since it came out. I was at a Windows Phone event in December where they gave away 360 games etc as well as 5 HTC Titans, I won a game, the next name they called won a Titan :(

Picking mine up today from a seller on Craiglist, Supposed to be brand new basically and never used.

Either way I'm happy I have big hands I would love a bigger screen.
    Last edited by Goodeye; 04-16-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    04-16-2012 11:06 AM
    The main drawback of the Titan I is that the audio quality isn't as good as the Titan II (oh, and the 16MP camera). There's still no word from HTC about what will be done other than "we're looking into it." Also, the SRS that was already mentioned. As far as apps go, there's not too much that makes HTC standout. There's burst mode and panorama for the camera, both are pretty sweet. Then HTC Locations got upgraded to offline maps, free for 30 days. Oh, and welcome back to the club!
    Yeah, SRS was on and I figured out that it was causing a slight type lag delay when I first started typing in a field. Just discovered locations and haven't had a chance to test it as a GPS. Has anyone else tried it? I plan to take a drive this weekend and see.

I heard call quality is pretty horrible on the original Titan. Any comments? I made one call using my Jawbone and it was fine, but haven't actually tried the handset yet.

Thanks for the welcome back. I really love Windows Phone. Hopefully it starts catching on now that the Lumia is being pushed so hard.
    04-16-2012 12:04 PM
    Yeah, SRS was on and I figured out that it was causing a slight type lag delay when I first started typing in a field. Just discovered locations and haven't had a chance to test it as a GPS. Has anyone else tried it? I plan to take a drive this weekend and see.

I heard call quality is pretty horrible on the original Titan. Any comments? I made one call using my Jawbone and it was fine, but haven't actually tried the handset yet.

Thanks for the welcome back. I really love Windows Phone. Hopefully it starts catching on now that the Lumia is being pushed so hard.

Have you tried to call directly without any earphone or bluetooh? I am experiencing terrible voice quality. And what pissed me off is HTC did not care. For 6 month it cannot fix this issue.
    04-16-2012 01:11 PM

gravage likes this.
    04-16-2012 01:13 PM
    There have been several sound enhancement updates since then (heck, I got one yesterday). Perhaps the issue has been fixed. I haven't tried since I usually turn off sounds and music =x
    04-17-2012 05:20 AM
    I just got my Titan yesterday and I freaking love this device!
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-17-2012 10:19 AM
    That was awesome. I almost don't even need to test it myself now, but I will.
    04-17-2012 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD