pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you guys not use any case for your titan? I have the casemate super duty one, and although it protects the phone well, it adds soooo much undesirable thickness.
I love how thin the titan is and don't mind using no case at all. But it's too slippery. Does anyone here think theirs is slippery as well?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Never had a problem with slipping. You could always try going naked to see if you like it more. You could also try taking the case off your phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have a basic silicone case. Not that it matters much as my battery cover was already knicked up and paint coming off around the edges. I also of course have a screen protector since the Titan doesnt have gorilla glass

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love the way the phone feels without a case. I used it without one for the longest time. I finally bought an Amzer silicone case and it adds just a layer to protect against scrapes and dings. I got so used to being able to toss my phone on a table that I keep coming back to the case. It just keeps me from stressing out about carefully placing the phone on stuff.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you on the slippery nature of the phone. I use the official HTC case which is tough enough and provides the extra grip.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It does feel slippery naked and I don't like to using cases or screen protectors. Due to my work environment I do use the HTC HC C652 kickstand case during the day. No comparison to the big and clunky Casemate I started off with.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup... I like it when it's Naked. Don't have a screen protector though. So far no scratches. And the Titan doesn't have gorilla glass??? Whutttt???? This is news to me.
I'll have to find the thinnest case out there just so I can protect the back side at least.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it naked since I got it, never wanted to put anything on it. No scratches, just one little impact mark on the top left corner (not even noticable) from dropping it about 2 meters onto concrete when I was drunk at a party. My 3GS would have exploded.

This is a fairly durable phone.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Its very durable my old Focus felt so cheap and had a lot of scratches on the chrome after a month. But the Titan feels slippery somehow which is why I'm worried. I love the naked look though.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup... I like it when it's Naked. Don't have a screen protector though. So far no scratches. And the Titan doesn't have gorilla glass??? Whutttt???? This is news to me.
I'll have to find the thinnest case out there just so I can protect the back side at least.

The Titan has a Gorilla Glass "like" screen so that HTC don't have to commit to always using the Corning product and can shop around for the best deal.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well I can tell you its not the same as Gorilla glass. I've seen way too many Titans with superficial scratches that would NOT be there if it was Gorilla glass. They do claim the Titan II has Gorilla Glass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos