Hi,
    I'm in canada and just purchased a ATT titan. I'm trying to force it to update to the lastest WP firmware but it giving the 801812C1 device driver error.

Im trying to get the titan to "connect to PC" mode to install updated driver, by pressing Power and holding down both volume buttons, but it does not get me to "connect to PC"
    instead it takes me to a screen with two option: "image CRC" and "factory reset"

I'm not sure what to do, can someone help
    thanks
    05-04-2012 08:18 PM
    Hi,
    I'm in canada and just purchased a ATT titan. I'm trying to force it to update to the lastest WP firmware but it giving the 801812C1 device driver error.

Im trying to get the titan to "connect to PC" mode to install updated driver, by pressing Power and holding down both volume buttons, but it does not get me to "connect to PC"
    instead it takes me to a screen with two option: "image CRC" and "factory reset"

thanks
    Problem fixed!

for anyone with same problem, it to flash shipped ROM twice, then eventually it will work. Also phone will not ask for unlock code every time phone reboot.
    05-05-2012 08:17 PM
    Problem fixed!

for anyone with same problem, it to flash shipped ROM twice, then eventually it will work. Also phone will not ask for unlock code every time phone reboot.
    Hey lonelycafe, care to explain a bit more what you mean by flashing shipped ROM twice?

I have an ATT locked HTC Titan and I can't seem to enter the 'connect to PC' mode either and I just get the image CRC and factory reset screen.
    05-13-2012 11:39 PM
    Hi,

thanks
    YESSSSSS!!!
    Same happened to me but i figured out how to fix it, plug phone into pc, it will turn on, only hold the volume down button, it will go into mode with connected to pc, it will install driver, then when driver install is done, hold power button, will shut down and reboot, then when at home screen, run the program, good luck :)
    05-22-2012 10:04 PM
    ok i dont understand how you did it??
    06-18-2012 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD