10-23-2012 05:59 PM
26 12
tools
    Fortunately, Windows Phone does have quite a few native features, but Straight Talk doesn't officially support Windows Phone at this point - so we are playing at our own risk.

The cool part about WinPhone is that so much of the 'daily' stuff doesn't require Apps - like Facebook, Twitter and email. As soon as we download an App, like Nokia Drive or Rowi, we are acting outside that "native features" line and can be subject to chunkage...

I have a feeling unless someone pushes the 2GB area regularly, ST could care less about how much we use.

PS - I pulled this from the Straight Talk TOS -

STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND MOBILE WEB ACCESS PLAN INTENDED USE: Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plans may ONLY be used with a Straight Talk handset for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the Straight Talk Mobile Web Service and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the Straight Talk Mobile Web Store.

This doesn't say anything about native capabilities anymore and does mention Internet browsing directly... Wonder if they are going to start cracking down?
    10-23-2012 05:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD