As I have mentioned since November of last year, I brought my Wife along with me on the WP gravy train. When we picked new phones, she more or less let me choose for her. Since she wanted a large screen and great camera, I got her a Titan (after we went to a store and played with it, of course!!) and me the Focus S.

She really enjoys WP, Not even remotely a problem. The problem is, the third replacement Titan is on it's way to us. Screen freezing, horrid call quality, and downloading problems are slowly sucking the life out of her desire for a HTC product and really killing my sense of humor (tough to do. I am extremely easily amused). This last replacement only lasted a week- on top of screen freezing, the camera froze up during use.

After this one, I promised her we would go a different direction for her. She is set in only two areas: screen size cannot be smaller, and the camera needs to be good. We can re-up at contract price at no penalty. That leaves only a very few options:

1) 200.00 for a Titan 2, new 2 year agreement.
    2) 200.00 for a HTC One X, new 2 year agreement.
    3) 250.00 for a Samsung Note, new 2 year agreement.
    4) Buy something off contract and take our chances.

Are we really this unlucky, or has HTC really fallen this far? She was so happy with it at first, now she is so sour on it. I am not even sure if the T2 or One X is an option anymore, due to her poor experiences. Whenever a device is warrantied out, they send a refurbished device, not a new one, so we are getting Titan's which were bad to begin with.

Any thoughts? Any one else up this particular creek?

Is the T2 worth rolling the dice on, I am seeing a lot of data issues, but seems those are associated with LTE towers, not an issue in my small burb.

What do you all think? I do not want her to go Android, but really running low on defending HTC at this point.
    06-23-2012 08:45 PM
    Before you go down this road of possibly re-upping your contract with ATT why don't you have HTC address the hardware issues? It's still gotta be under the manufacturer warranty. Granted it will be more of a pain in the arse than simply swapping out at the local ATT store but it might be worth it in the long run.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 06-26-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-23-2012 10:06 PM
    I just check on Amazon and it looks like you can pick up a Titan for $290(if you ever wanted to go back to it)
    http://www.amazon.com/HTC-X310E-Unlo...pUvbUpU1676234

The only other suggestion might be a Galaxy S III , but I'm not sure how easy one of those might be to come by. And the fact that its UX is the exact opposite of Windows Phone and Metro.

Unfortunately I haven't used a Titan I/II so I don't know anything about issues.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-24-2012 02:22 AM
    You're just extremely unlucky. Yes, I have the odd screen freeze, but whenever it happens to me it's just a simple "Lock, unlock" job and the screen freeze is undone. Downloading and call quality problems are not affecting me. (I'm on my 2nd TITAN, I managed to smash up my first one at LazerZone, but prior to smashing it my 1st TITAN was also the same as the second). See if you can get an "International Unlocked" TITAN.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-24-2012 09:59 PM
    1) 200.00 for a Titan 2, new 2 year agreement.
    2) 200.00 for a HTC One X, new 2 year agreement.
    3) 250.00 for a Samsung Note, new 2 year agreement.
    4) Buy something off contract and take our chances.
    Well, I wouldn't spend $200 on a Titan 2 knowing now that it won't get WP8, and the Note is really "last year's model".

I'd either go for the One X, if she's comfortable switching her OS, or buy her another Titan off Ebay and take your chances. If its a NEW Titan, it should be within a 1 year HTC warranty if you have troubles.

Really though, since WP7 works fine on any size screen, she should go for a Focus S. Loan her yours and see if she can handle it. Its the most stable WP7 device, other than the keyboard sound bug, but she may not care about that.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-25-2012 09:54 AM
    Thanks, gang.

Mostly, I really, really needed to vent to a group of people who would understand. It bums me out because she LOVED her Titan. Now she almost hates it. Also bums me out because HTC was really pumping out some great hardware. Now, it seems they are sliding, and problems are very common with both their Android and WP offerings.

Will see how this replacemnt goes. Will roll from there.
    06-25-2012 10:49 AM
    I'm personally not buying anything on contract until the end of the year. My Titan is doing fine, and I have a Motorola Atrix as a backup. If anything, I'd suggest buying a used phone to hold her over (assuming you can't get her Titan exchanged/replaced).
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-25-2012 01:02 PM
    i got a titan a few weeks ago n jus found out the the office hub is not working jus flashes n closes ......... is there a office hub.xap
    06-25-2012 01:55 PM
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    06-25-2012 04:32 PM
    I prefer the HOX design but its 10gig of usable space pushed me to get a Galaxy SIII ordered. I Had a HOX for a few weeks and it is really good, but everything I read says the software is lacking a bit of polish vs the GS3. Both have phenominal cameras. Multitasking isn't great, it seems sense takes a lot of memory, and HTC programmed a very aggressive setup for closing apps. For instance, browser pages reload more than 75% of the time you go back to the browser.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    06-26-2012 02:11 AM
    I've been using an HTC HD7 for about a year now, and it will be my last HTC device, even if my carrier brings out an Apollo HTC device with an 8-core processor, 4GB of ram, a TB of storage, 1080p screen, & 250 Amp/hour battery that is 2mm thick and transparent like the Iron Man phone for $25 off-contract and factory-unlocked. My next phone will be the Pureview WP, even if it's as buggy as the current Gen devices were, because at least Nokia will make the effort to fix it, unlike HTC who will just release a new device.

Force closes, random restarts, ****-poor battery life, and I've had to endure 3 hard resets.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-30-2012 04:14 PM
    i have a european unlocked unbranded titan and an international unlocked unbranded HOX. both without issues.after seeing the grief that american branded phones have on this and xda and other forums why would you ever get a contract phone in the u.s.
    Because stevovr, you are reading comments from 40 or 50 very vocal people, ofyen the same people on multiple sites, who have real or perceived problems with their phone. The vast majority of users, like myself, have never had a problem with a phone that required it to be returned or exchanged. Sure, sometimes I resent the way AT&T appears to hold back updates. But their network works great for me and they always have cutting edge hardware. If money didn't matter, I might consider your option, but not for the same reason.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    06-30-2012 04:46 PM
    Don't go with another contract! If you must have a phone that works, why not purchase a malfunctioning Lumia 800/900 and RMA it with Nokia? They'll fix/replace it and send it back to you. Voila! I know of one guy on these forums who did that. I can look for his posts if you're interested. I know it was somewhere in the Lumia 900 forum.

Please, for the love of all the fluffy bunnies in the world, don't sign for another contract. It's just not worth it! A contract with a carrier is a contract with the Devil.

Update! Here it is: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900/193451.htm
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-30-2012 05:03 PM
    Thanks, gang.

Mostly, I really, really needed to vent to a group of people who would understand. It bums me out because she LOVED her Titan. Now she almost hates it. Also bums me out because HTC was really pumping out some great hardware. Now, it seems they are sliding, and problems are very common with both their Android and WP offerings.

Will see how this replacemnt goes. Will roll from there.
    Buying a used phone until WP8 comes out wouldn't be a bad idea. I've been having lots of problems with my HTC Trophy so I bought an android (I know I know) from swappa.com for a really good price. Now I can't wait for November to get here.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-30-2012 05:05 PM
    Please, for the love of all the fluffy bunnies in the world, don't sign for another contract. It's just not worth it! A contract with a carrier is a contract with the Devil.

Update! Here it is: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900/193451.htm
    ROFL!! :-D

Well, for the Bunnies!!!

I will store that link away as an option, and a good one. Resigning a contract is like a bottom idea now that I have cooled off. We now have her latest Titan up and rolling, so it will be nice to see this one last.

Besides, one more bad Titan, and we are declaring war until something else is done by AT&T. But the link is a neat, take advantage of the system option....

Thanks again, gang. I STILL love the feel and look of her Phone, and still would love to see HTC become a top WP manufacturer.
    speedtouch likes this.
    06-30-2012 06:52 PM
    ROFL!! :-D

Well, for the Bunnies!!!

I will store that link away as an option, and a good one. Resigning a contract is like a bottom idea now that I have cooled off. We now have her latest Titan up and rolling, so it will be nice to see this one last.

Besides, one more bad Titan, and we are declaring war until something else is done by AT&T. But the link is a neat, take advantage of the system option....

Thanks again, gang. I STILL love the feel and look of her Phone, and still would love to see HTC become a top WP manufacturer.
    Good man. Contracts are no good for consumers. It's just a way for carriers to hog-tie you for two years to a phone that may or may not work for you. Obviously, the Titan was not the best of the WP7 devices. I have met folks who have Titans and they all say the voice calling sucks on it, so I am pretty sure that's a hardware design flaw that will crop up in a lot of Titans, no matter how many times you swap them out. I have not heard similar complaints about the Titan II, however.

You could always do like I did, jump onto T-Mo's Monthly 4G no-contract plans. Combine them with discounted refill cards from Calling Mart and you're on your way to very cheap monthly service. I spend about $93 a month for my wife and myself and we both have Lumia 710s. Which, I should add, are superb phones.
    06-30-2012 07:18 PM
    I love my Titan, but my fiance's Focus Flash has been an epic POS. Tons of hangups and lockups. But most recently, the external speaker has failed. Now it doesn't ring, go off for alarms, or alert for texts. Headphone out still works. Phone is 7 months old now. Hard to imagine her letting me talk her into another Windows Phone after this trash.
    07-02-2012 05:31 PM
    I love my Titan, but my fiance's Focus Flash has been an epic POS. Tons of hangups and lockups. But most recently, the external speaker has failed. Now it doesn't ring, go off for alarms, or alert for texts. Headphone out still works. Phone is 7 months old now. Hard to imagine her letting me talk her into another Windows Phone after this trash.
    Well, if she sees how good yours performs, maybe she would be happy with a non-Samsung WP8? It does sound like she just got a lemon.
    07-02-2012 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD