Tango 8773

ngc891

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I force updated my Titan a couple of days ago through Zune, (UK, unbranded.) Went from 8017 - 8112 - 8773, then did an HTC update. My phone info appears as the first screenshot in this thread.
So far no issues.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
How did you manage to force update it ngc? I plugged it into Zune, forced Zune to check for updates and it was like "Nope, you're all up to date". I'm on 8107.

magicnz

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Here are some pics

Click to view quoted image

The radio software version became too long so its taking two lines of info (ugly).

Click to view quoted image

SPL 4.6.175006
And see those new things down the screen with Modem Bridge thingy?

I also got this bootloader screen with htc update that comes with Tango. However I decided to flash stock rom to reintall hspl and custom rom. Before flashing stock rom I was playing with the value of the modem bridge and htc log and disabled it. On reboot with newly reinstalled stock rom, my computer is unable to identify my phone and install usb driver hence I cannot connect my phone to Zune nor use the cab sender. On spl mode, computer correctly install usb sync driver and i can flash using RUU or goldcard. ATM I'm on custom rom and managed to install / sideload xaps directly from internet explorer, but I really would like to be able to sync my phone with Zune. Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

lvalen91

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I also got this bootloader screen with htc update that comes with Tango. However I decided to flash stock rom to reintall hspl and custom rom. Before flashing stock rom I was playing with the value of the modem bridge and htc log and disabled it. On reboot with newly reinstalled stock rom, my computer is unable to identify my phone and install usb driver hence I cannot connect my phone to Zune nor use the cab sender. On spl mode, computer correctly install usb sync driver and i can flash using RUU or goldcard. ATM I'm on custom rom and managed to install / sideload xaps directly from internet explorer, but I really would like to be able to sync my phone with Zune. Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You try putting the Modem values back to what they were?

magicnz

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
You try putting the Modem values back to what they were?

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I don't have this option in the custom rom nor on the stock Cingular 1.10 so no way of changing the values back to what they were. Do you think this is what stuffed up my phone? Although I thought flashing new rom completely wipes phone clean? I can't really flash stock rom knowing that I can't connect it to computer / Zune nor use cab to update to latest htc firmware:(

lvalen91

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I don't have this option in the custom rom nor on the stock Cingular 1.10 so no way of changing the values back to what they were. Do you think this is what stuffed up my phone? Although I thought flashing new rom completely wipes phone clean? I can't really flash stock rom knowing that I can't connect it to computer / Zune nor use cab to update to latest htc firmware:(

Since that's the one unsure thing you changed before this issue occurred so for now that's what caused it.

What you changed is either stopping WP7 from recognizing the USB port properly or you some how changed the device ID so windows can't find the proper driver for it. You changed a low-level value and the only way to fix it is redoing what you did. So if you can't flash the SPL 4.6 via Zune you'll have to wait for it (if ever) to be released as an .nbh

magicnz

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Since that's the one unsure thing you changed before this issue occurred so for now that's what caused it.

What you changed is either stopping WP7 from recognizing the USB port properly or you some how changed the device ID so windows can't find the proper driver for it. You changed a low-level value and the only way to fix it is redoing what you did. So if you can't flash the SPL 4.6 via Zune you'll have to wait for it (if ever) to be released as an .nbh
Ouch, I supposed it could've been worst and totally bricked my phone. For now I will have to do with not being able connect to computer/Zune, and hopefully it will soon be available as .nbh file or some one knows how change value using reg editor eg WP7 root tool. Anyway, thanks mate for your replies.

magicnz

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Ouch, I supposed it could've been worst and totally bricked my phone. For now I will have to do with not being able connect to computer/Zune, and hopefully it will soon be available as .nbh file or some one knows how change value using reg editor eg WP7 root tool. Anyway, thanks mate for your replies.

Pressing the Vol- while phone is restarting, boots to "Eternity System Loader Menu". I've attached screenshots. Could someone be able to tell what changes I could do in this menu? I was wondering if there is some changes I can do here so I can get my phone be recognised and for computer to install usb driver so I can connect to Zune again? Cheers.

magicnz

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I managed to get my phone to connect to computer/zune:D As tachi91 suggested, i re-flash my phone with the stock htc eternity tango 4.06 rom version using RUU which gave me the spl screen with additional settings (htc log and bridge modem). Basically, I change setting to original value (both disabled- see screenshot), reboot phone and connected to pc which straight away installed usb drivers:cool:

xhmmddb

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
If appear CUST APPSBL screen neither enter USBHOOT mode can not be painted in other ROM, I'll tell you the solution is simple and quick, thanks to HTC, the use of this software spl_2.6.160015.3_CHT one secondless than your phone can boot.
HTC TITAN # download:p:p:p:p:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077