Sad times for Titan buyers.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As someone who was super excited to get this phone last november, I am now pretty sad with my decision.

Besides the questionable reception due to the metal chasis or the upcoming fixes that never made it, now ATT has released tango updates for most of their phones besides the Titan 1.

Lessons learned: no more HTC windows phones for me. hopefully when nokia starts using decent cameras on their handsets, I will stick to them for the more respectful update timelines.

Anyone else kinda phased that our phone has gotten ZERO attention since it came out almost 10 months ago? I mean literally, not one update. =(

...waiting for wp8....

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
As someone who was super excited to get this phone last november, I am now pretty sad with my decision.

Besides the questionable reception due to the metal chasis or the upcoming fixes that never made it, now ATT has released tango updates for most of their phones besides the Titan 1.

Lessons learned: no more HTC windows phones for me. hopefully when nokia starts using decent cameras on their handsets, I will stick to them for the more respectful update timelines.

Anyone else kinda phased that our phone has gotten ZERO attention since it came out almost 10 months ago? I mean literally, not one update. =(

...waiting for wp8....
yes. reccomend a nokia. they have the best support by far. so try to get a pureview :D. or a budget Nokia device. but also HTC should have updates of course

Last edited:

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually I have received some updates, one for the OS fixing the disappearing keyboard and one firmware update of some sort.

But as you say there is more that needs a fix. In my case the buggy auto versal, very unstable wifi, very bad call quality (in rare cases), the media/games volume thats incredibly loud at even 1/30. Probably some more that I cant think of right now.

I have a OEM HTC Titan so it gets the updates pretty fast.

My problem is that the Titan II never got released in my country, otherwise I would have traded my Titan for a Titan II.

Its sad that a phone like this, with great hardware and one of the best WP cameras never will get "the complete overhaul" a.k.a. WP8.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had multiple issues with my Titan and it's now back with HTC for the 2nd time. Reboots, slow & sluggish performance, apps crashing until I need to reboot the phone and that's before I get going on the phone reception which is just pathetic.
HTC have lost me as a future customer and looking at the One range Android customers aren't giving them any love either. They really have lost their way.
For me the complete lack of hardware related fixes or even acknowledgement that there are issues has put me off using HTC phones, especially when Nokia are delivering great looking hardware.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had multiple issues with my Titan and it's now back with HTC for the 2nd time. Reboots, slow & sluggish performance, apps crashing until I need to reboot the phone and that's before I get going on the phone reception which is just pathetic.
HTC have lost me as a future customer and looking at the One range Android customers aren't giving them any love either. They really have lost their way.
For me the complete lack of hardware related fixes or even acknowledgement that there are issues has put me off using HTC phones, especially when Nokia are delivering great looking hardware.

yea im totally done with them. and dape, yea the htc branded titan did get updates that us ATT folk did not =(; my keyboard still dissappears, lol. it is a great feeling, looking phone. just dang, no att support whatsoever.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
International Titan owners received several updates. Unfortunately, AT&T is terrible when it comes to releasing updates. Thankfully the only update AT&T got even remotely right was Mango. The rest have been abysmal (especially NoDo). However, there are several problems with the Titan that HTC has yet to address and most likely never will. I got so fed up that I replaced my Titan with a Lumia 900. Nokia's dedication to customer satisfaction completely makes up for the Titan's better camera. And while the camera isn't better on the 900, I do get far (far) better call quality and wifi reception. The wifi antenna range on the Titan 1 is so bad it's barely usable.

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had a Titan II for 4 months now. Thrilled with the phone, Esp. the Camera and display quality, I am frustrated as I'm still on 8112 and can't seem to even trick the phone to update to Tango. HTC has been ZERO help on this issue. ATT says the update is staggered and I'll just have to wait for it.

I've had a few HTC phones and all have worked well, still it would be nice if the damn MFG could push out the update.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Titan II for 4 months now. Thrilled with the phone, Esp. the Camera and display quality, I am frustrated as I'm still on 8112 and can't seem to even trick the phone to update to Tango. HTC has been ZERO help on this issue. ATT says the update is staggered and I'll just have to wait for it.

I've had a few HTC phones and all have worked well, still it would be nice if the damn MFG could push out the update.

I don't think you have to hurry, read the threads where people have upgraded to Tango, the update is almost not noticeable.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel so depressed for where HTC finds itself on these boards. They had a chance to build total loyalty from WP buyers. Instead, most of the Titan users are left with a bad taste in their mouths and are ready to roll. My Wife is on Titan #3, and with all the problems she is really looking at something new.

When you see how much better recieved the Radar was on T-Mo, and that all the first gen HTC's (Arrive, Radar) were beloved except the Surround, maybe it is just HTC and AT&T do not mix.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

When you see how much better recieved the Radar was on T-Mo, and that all the first gen HTC's (Arrive, Radar) were beloved except the Surround, maybe it is just HTC and AT&T do not mix.
Hey there, don't be talking bad about my Surround. Have had it since launch day 2010, and aside from some HTC related software issues (they never fix anything) it's performed admirably. Only got the L900 cause I had the new phone itch. Surround is the backup now. Nobody understood the Surround. It's a Trophy with and extra, quite good sounding, speaker. A solid phone, but it's an HTC, so some things will never get fixed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a little disappointed that I haven't gotten Tango yet. My Titan in the international unlocked version so I really expected faster updates. The thing is, I love my Titan to death, it's a brilliant phone. What I hate is the waiting. Given the current 'speed' at which HTC is updating this phone, I shudder to think how long it'll be before I ever see 7.8.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
HTC did update the Titan, its called the Titan II. And all of the Titan II problems will be fixed with an update called Titan III.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Is the Titan really that bad? I've got some minor gripes with the Lumia 900 and was thinking about going with an OG Titan, but I keep reading about all these issues. Seems the Titan has more issues than the Lumia!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is the Titan really that bad? I've got some minor gripes with the Lumia 900 and was thinking about going with an OG Titan, but I keep reading about all these issues. Seems the Titan has more issues than the Lumia!

Some of the Titan's biggest problems (IMO)

1. Poor call quality
2. Weak WiFi antenna
3. Memory bug (crashes the phone when you're memory is low)
4. Audio pops between music tracks
5. Ecosystem is a distant (distant) second to Nokia.
6. Feeling of abandonment by HTC. :(

Last edited:

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Some of the Titan's biggest problems (IMO)

1. Poor call quality
2. Weak WiFi antenna
3. Memory bug (crashes the phone when you're memory is low)
4. Audio pops between music tracks
5. Ecosystem is a distant (distant) second to Nokia.
6. Feeling of abandonment by HTC. :(

Totally, Dash. But mine also has considerally weaker cell reception than any identically networked phone sitting right next to it. In some parts of LA, I will not have any coverage at all where everyone I am with also on ATT without a Titan is literally texting away happily. I just sit there mad that I see emergency only while they check in, read tweets, plan directions for out next stop etc...

Its so frustrating. I blame it on the metal housing with ridiculously cheap metal-paint? attenna connectors.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, don't be talking bad about my Surround. Have had it since launch day 2010, and aside from some HTC related software issues (they never fix anything) it's performed admirably. Only got the L900 cause I had the new phone itch. Surround is the backup now. Nobody understood the Surround. It's a Trophy with and extra, quite good sounding, speaker. A solid phone, but it's an HTC, so some things will never get fixed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
And Snowmutt, scolded, slinks off to a corner, tail firmly tucked between his legs....

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Each time I have a problem with my Titan and send it back I go back to my LG Optimus 7, reload my Zune Music Pass and wonder why I even want the Titan back. The screen is the only advantage to me of the Titan.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
All the problems you guys have stated (other than no tango) have not happened with my phone. I got it the 3rd day it was out and I've been happy ever since. Yes, my keyboard disappears every so often, but it's already to the point I am just used to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs