Sad times for Titan buyers.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
First week AT&T Titan owner here, checking in.

Nothing at all is wrong with my phone that I would send it back for, but I do have issues that would be nice to get a firmware update for. And Tango providing optimization overall would be nice, just in general.

- Every so often someone will say they can't understand me clearly, though the earpiece seems fine.
- Perhaps my biggest issue is AT&T service. I was never happy at all with my data speeds, signal strength or the death grip issue. Not sure how much firmware can help here.
- No reboot problem at all
- No funky behavior when the storage gets full though I have avoided going under 2GB free and am now around 4.5GB free just in case
- WiFi strength and speed seems good. No real issues with connectivity (I understand it shuts off when the screen goes off, but will stay connected when charging, by design)
- Love the camera
- Love the screen
- Battery life is excellent. I haven't even bought a car charger. Nor do I charge at work. However, it does seem to really eat battery and get hot when gaming or even doing something simple like using SuperTimer (with ads). That I don't like. But in general it's good.
- Still fast and enjoyable to use.

I do not regret being on this platform, but come on AT&T.

D.Zigns

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my Titan to make me regret upgrading from a Samsung Focus, it's definitely better in all ways compared to the Focus.

I do know that I'm not as happy as I could be though. It seems to lag in weird ways and have screen glitches that the Focus never had. Also, same case with most of you, no Tango due to AT&T.

I'm satisfied enough with it for now though, it'll hold me over until I'm eligible for upgrade again and Windows Phone 8 is out for a couple months. The 7.8 update will also make things a bit better (hopefully by including all of the bug fixes that came prior).

Even though I can't upgrade my Titan to Windows Phone 8 and it has some limitations, I won't be getting rid of it when I upgrade. Like my Focus; it will just roll to someone else in the household, become a back-up device or be my secondary-hiking-device. Both will be better and even more-so worth keeping once 7.8 comes out.

:cool:

lostinfaith

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
HTC Trophy

After the lack of support from verizon with their one and only HTC I was done.

Mango came out and no tethering or visuial voicemail was included...nor would it be. I amde tons of calls between verizon and HTC. Verizon didnt even know what a windows phone was and htc said there hardware couldnt support it. Basically they were blaming each other.

I said it works on atts net why not yours.

when the lumina 900 hit 50...I grabbed it I left verizon and paid the fee I was done with their horrible bloatware crashing google phones...hard to tell who is paying them off...sad...

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Very dissappointed with my Titan I purchase. I actually purchased two for my household. Zero support from HTC to deal with the known manufacturing flaws. They even deleted som comments on their support boards. No bad language or anything like that. Just dismal reviews of how the phone is working. I know many have not had issues. That does not help all of us who have. I can't see myself buying another HTC phone due to this experience. WP7 or any other OS.

D.Zigns

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't see myself buying another HTC phone due to this experience. WP7 or any other OS.

Yeah, I don't know that I will pick up HTC again for Windows Phone 8. Probably Samsung or Nokia. I'm not due for upgrade until December 2013 though so there will be time for some reviews to come out first.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know that I will pick up HTC again for Windows Phone 8. Probably Samsung or Nokia. I'm not due for upgrade until December 2013 though so there will be time for some reviews to come out first.
I love my Focus S. The threads on it are blissfully peaceful as far as problems are concerned. I could go for Sammy being a little more supportive of WP, but they do hardware great, and their WP 7's (Focus Flash, "S", and the Focus 2) have all been seamless with good to great call quality. I have decided to give Nokia every chance to win my money first, though, as I love their level of dedication to the platform and I want to support someone trying as hard as they are. I know how good Samsung is so Nokia will have to out perform what I have experienced.

I would love to give HTC another shot. LOVE their builds and the weight of their devices. But it will be a couple years down the road.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After the lack of support from verizon with their one and only HTC I was done.

....when the lumina 900 hit 50...I grabbed it I left verizon and paid the fee I was done with their horrible bloatware crashing google phones...hard to tell who is paying them off...sad...

Verizon is the biggest carrier in my town, and has the best reception. I was "this close" to taking the plunge and dumping AT&T. I am glad we didn't do it. I wouldn't have done the Trophy, as at the top of my list of phone requirments was it needed to have a 4.3" screen or larger, or have a keyboard. Truth be told, we may have made the switch if Verizon had the Arrive like Sprint- I miss my keyboard.

But, AT&T easily has the most selections of phones. From the class WP line up, to decent Androids, a good selection of BlackBerry, and every iPhone still being made, they just have it all. Throw in the penny sale on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and Verizon not giving a crap about WP, and Big Red never had a chance......

ody360

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't really complain too much cuz I got a deal for my Titan... exchanged my old nokia e71 after windows challenge. It's unlocked, but I'm on TMO anyway. I stopped by data plan since I was only getting EDGE, but I hear some places have refarmed the 1900 freq for TMO so that 3G will now work. May need to get the unlimited data plan again...

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone, got it for $1. My outgoing voice sounds bad to whoever I'm talking to, though. Everything else is minor.

Don't need an unnoticeable upgrade to Tango. 7.8 will be cool. Will get a WP8 when I can, and will consider an HTC if they have a phone with similar screen size and have fixed the outgoing voice quality issue. I'll consider any phone with 4.5"+ screen size.

My fiance's Samsung Focus Flash, now that is a real POS. External speaker has stopped working, along with random freezes. Outside of warranty and ineligible for upgrade at this time.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone, got it for $1. My outgoing voice sounds bad to whoever I'm talking to, though. Everything else is minor.

Don't need an unnoticeable upgrade to Tango. 7.8 will be cool. Will get a WP8 when I can, and will consider an HTC if they have a phone with similar screen size and have fixed the outgoing voice quality issue. I'll consider any phone with 4.5"+ screen size.

My fiance's Samsung Focus Flash, now that is a real POS. External speaker has stopped working, along with random freezes. Outside of warranty and ineligible for upgrade at this time.

Isn't the manufactures warranty a year?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I will look into that tonight. It has been less than a year. How easy is Samsung's warranty? Ship to Korea, wait 8 weeks for diagnosis, pay shipping both ways?

Haha, nah I'm sure they have a service center in the US. I know Nokia doesn't require it's customers to ship their Lumias back to Finland whenever they have a problem.

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Man, I love my Titan. It would have been nice to get the updates for the keyboard but I have just learned to deal with that. Most of the other updates are just not noticable. I agree it would have been nice to get them but...my wife has a 900 and has had to replace it twice now in the last week. Sorry, but all the updates in the world couldn't keep that phone from going under.

If my wife offered to trade me her 900 for my Titan, I would tell her to get lost. Love my Titan! Screen is so much better. If someone offered me a brand new iPhone 5, I would still say get lost. Even with the issues, it is so much better than my old 3GS.

Going to be a tough decision on the next WP8 phone purchase, but choice is good! Hopefully MS gets ahold of the update process and kicks AT&T to the curb for authorized updates. Both Google and Microsoft need to get together and sue the pants off AT&T for allowing Apple to update there own phones and MS and Google not to. Just doesn't seem right.(just my opinion of course)

BlackSmythe

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The Titan is the first HTC phone I have ever owned. It is by far a decent media player but a crappy phone. The screen is nice the camera and its software are great but reception is bad and support for the thing is non exist on AT&T. I purchased it in superb used condition and was ok with it until I saw all the love the Lumia 900 was getting from it's manufacturer. Of the three current generation smart phones I have, it ranks as number 2 just because of its camera speed and video. The Lumia 900 is number 1 because of Nokia Drive, the support and style. Number 3 on my list is my iPhone 4. I like the apps and it sync flawlessly with my computers. The windows phone connector on MAC whomps compared to when I just use Zune on my PC.

BlackSmythe

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing HTC cares about is getting ready for their next android phone. The S3 will be obsolete in a month and O.S. cheese cake will not be available for it.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a Titan on release day for a penny and I feel that I wasted an upgrade. To date there has not been a single update, it's like the Titan never existed. My Titan has been sitting in my desk draw for months untouched. I brought a Lumia 900 at full price on release day and I'm very happy. As far as the Lumia goes there has been two updates to correct various problems which got sent out ASAP and now Tango. I will never buy another HTC device ever again due to their lack of updates and overall bad hardware. No wonder HTC is in the shape its in today. BTW I'm looking forward to the 7.8 upgrade on my Lumia as I know my Titan might never see it.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got a Titan on release day for a penny and I feel that I wasted an upgrade. To date there has not been a single update, it's like the Titan never existed. My Titan has been sitting in my desk draw for months untouched. I brought a Lumia 900 at full price on release day and I'm very happy. As far as the Lumia goes there has been two updates to correct various problems which got sent out ASAP and now Tango. I will never buy another HTC device ever again due to their lack of updates and overall bad hardware. No wonder HTC is in the shape its in today. BTW I'm looking forward to the 7.8 upgrade on my Lumia as I know my Titan might never see it.
Not to be cynical, but sure there was a Titan update. It's called Titan II. I still like HTC (my #2) but they have to stop releasing a new phone every month and replacing it with another new model the next month. Instead, focus on fixing the first one. It will go a long way in customer satisfaction. Their wild ways are showing in their bottom line. It was obvious they couldn't sustain that kind of business model.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo