International unlocked Titan random restarts

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
A couple of days ago my Titan started restarting randomly. I dont need to do anything, just leave it on the counter and it will randomly restart.

I also noticed that along with this, the screen blank feature also stopped working and the battery is being consumed much much faster, it will use up 30% of battery in 2 or 3 hours. Until now the phone would consume 30% battery in 8 hours. The back of the phone is also very warm.

I had noticed that ever since the Tango update the phone had become a bit slow and would restart occasionally it was never a problem.

I have had about 1GB free space on the phone for over 6 months now and so dont think the problem is coming from there. I tried to restore the phone to before the Tango update and got an error from Zune saying that it could not restore the phone.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix my phone?

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There have been reports that the application "Keep Alive" has been causing phones to randomly restart. It would also drain the battery faster too. Have you got such installed?

If not, then turn off all background tasks, see whether the phone behaves and if so, turn on each background task one at a time till you find the culprit.

Make sure the screen is set to "lock" after a certain period of time by going to settings => lock+wallpaper and setting the "Screen times out after" to your desired time.

If all else fails, backup all your personal files and perform a hard reset.
Hello Bearach,
Thanks very much for your helpful response.
I did have the KeepAlive application installed and I removed it as soon as i read your message.
I had already disabled all the background apps as I had suspected one of them to be responsible for the battery drain that was happening.

I am waiting for all this to fix before I do a hard reset of my phone.
Do you have any idea how i can backup my personal files from the phone before the reset? I see no option in Zune to backup the files and settings.

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Quick update...
Looks like the "Keep Alive" Application was the one that was causing all the problems.
I uninstalled it and the phone immediately rebooted and since then the phone seems to be ok. Its been about 16 hours now and fingers crossed everything is ok.

Thanks for all the help Bearach. I hope that the keep alive problem gets posted to the main site to ensure that other people dont get into the same problem.

connor757

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hd7

Hey everyone, I could use some help. This morning my HTC HD7 was working fine, but later in the day it got warm and restarted. Now it keeps restarting itself every few minutes, and when it turns back on it still remembers my access combo and wallpaper, but when I unlock it the screen is blank. The keys at the bottom of the screen still work and zune recognizes that it's there and still has my music and pictures, but I can't see anything on my phone at all other than the time, battery power, and whether it has a signal or not. I have tried restarting it, but am unable to reset it to factory standards, as I have no access to the settings app since I can't see any of my apps. Is there any way to force a factory restart or a simpler way to fix my phone? Please help

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Every phone has a key press combo to perform a hard reset. For my HTC Surround, press and hold the volume up/down buttons, and briefly press the power button. When the reset screen appears, release the volume buttons and follow the instructions.

If this doesn't work, check the HD7 manual online at HTC's site.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my Titan has finally been hit with these random restarts. Does hard-resetting actually work? It seems issues only started when I installed Tango, and they're getting worse quickly. I'm reluctant to return my phone because that means sending it off and waiting a month for it to be fixed.

Also, if I was to send it off to be fixed, should I clear all my data off it first?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss