Not good. Titan Stuck on HTC boot Screen

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, was sitting at computer watching a movie like I do just about every night. Decided to go to my people tile to see what was up. Tile kinda went wavy and did not open. Odd, I thought. So I tried another tile. Same thing. All tiles looked like I threw a pebble in a pond. Tried again with phone app. Tiles started to go away and then all came back to start screen. So, I just held the power button to restart. Wont get past the HTC screen. Plugged it into my charger, pulled the battery, and did just about everything else I could think of. No luck. Has been stuck on the HTC splash screen for about 30 minutes so I am pretty sure is messed up.

What can I do? I can not remember the last time I have done a sync with my computer so the only thing I am worried about losing is my photos. I think most are probably on the skydrive, but last I checked it seemed some were missing for some reason. Videos do not sync though I thought I read. Also, saved pictures do not seem to be on my skydrive. Is there a way to unbrick my phone without losing any of this stuff?

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you may need a new phone. I bought my Samsung Focus on WP7 launch day and 3 days later my phone would just show Samsung, then AT&T and keep repeating the same thing over and over. It would not boot the O.S. I had to get a new phone from AT&T. I have not had anything like that with my Lumia 900 so far.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess my question is really if I can get my saved pictures off my phone. I checked my skydrive and there are no saved pictures on it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know I am dumb. I did at first. Then upgraded my computer and did not even think about downloading and installing Zune again. I think I synced with my itunes maybe 3 times in the 2.5 years I had my iPhone 3g. I really did mean to be better with my Titan, but the lack of updates and automatic sync with my hotmail account, FB, Linkedin and every other social site meant I did not really need to. My photos were synced with skydrive. I just assumed my saved were as well and videos, but apparently not. So before I do a factory reset I am just wondering if I have any chance of getting things off of this phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yeah dude you are screwed. Should have set up wireless syncing with Zune, that at least prevents you from having to plugin. Well at least you have learned your lesson now.

A factory reset will probably fix your phone, or if not that, going into USB bootloader model and reflashing with the stock ROM. I bought my Titan in that state and rescued it accordingly.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
They are sending me a new one. Also did a hard reset and it works again, but would rather have a new one. So in a few days I will have a new TITAN.

Can not get wireless sync to work though. Sees my phone, and says its connected, but when I click the setup button, it says it can not find my phone. I have my computer setup as the Zune site says to.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my Titan too, you're better off getting a new one as even though the hard reset fixed the initial issue it was never the same again and I've had in in repair 3 times.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you got the Titan on AC? It has to be on AC, for about 10 minutes, before the device will start to sync.
So to do wireless sync, I still need to be connected to a wire for power? That's kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

Since i have never been able to setup wireless sync it has to be plugged into Zune to get it started and that has USB power. No matter how long its plugged into my computer it will not connect to my phone to setup the wireless sync. When I go through the wireless steps, it sees my phone and sees that its connected to my wireless, but will not connect and keep getting error CD079 or something like that. Zune says the error is usually due to public network which mine is not. My PC is a home network. Firewall allows Zune through 100% and I even turned the firewall and UAC off and nothing changes.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Got the new phone. Well got the front of a new phone. They only sent the front screen assembly. No battery or back case. Fine I guess. I was hoping to be able to do some back and forth switching to test call quality and stuff. Has the TITAN been updated to deal with the issues reported here that I can look at and visually confirm? Is there a decoder for the SN to determine the build date?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No, burden of proof is on them, not me. I asked for a local place I could take it and they said there was none. I went through the steps they instructed over the phone and they said we will send you a new one since the steps are not working.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
New phone has been working good though the back cover was not as tight as my original. Called up ATT again and they connected me with HTC. Got a new cover shipped. Now I have a tighter cover and basically a brand new phone. Only draw back is the color. The original was a lighter grey. The plastic chin and buttons were darker than the painted aluminum. Buttons are now about the same darkness as the aluminum though obviously not metallic. The chin is now lighter than the aluminum. I preferred the old color better honestly. Spoke with a rep on the phone and they said thats the only color available. So seems like HTC changed colors or my original was a fluke.

Extremely hard to photograph at night with an incadescent bulb and a phone but you get the point. Also photographed the worse of my blemishes on my old cover. This was after at least 3 falls to ceramic tile floor from a height above 30". Highest that caused this mark was from about 36". Whatever the top of a kitchen counter height is. New on left, old on right in all pictures.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, on 3rd Titan now. I finally feel like a normal Titan owner.

Called to get a new front because the replacement was not staying tight. One I just received is very tight just like my original. A little disappointed because I had convinced the tech that he should replace it with a newer phone and he said if this one was not good he would be able to push it up the ladder. Unfortunately its working now. Not entirely a bad thing, but would have really liked a advanced upgrade since I still have a year till upgrade time. I think I will call when the 8.5 gen devices come and complain about something new that is wrong with the phone and get a free upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05