12-16-2012 04:05 PM
66 123
tools
    Call quality is thought to be a problem with the noise cancelation algorithm so that can be fixed with firmware. USB port is not cheap on mine. Have never had a problem. I have not even read about USB port problems. My signal is not as strong as iphone 4s next to it, but it sounds like that can be fixed with firmware as well. All stuff that ATT will not push through to the Titans because per them, they are still testing the software on their network.
    09-28-2012 04:20 PM
    LoL. Sure.

So you're saying that HTC has been trying their hardest to support the Titan, but AT&T just hasn't let them?

Meanwhile, Nokia is able to roll fixes to their phones in a timely fashion.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-29-2012 02:14 AM
    considering that the updates have rolled for international Titans, yes the problem lies with ATT.
    stevovr likes this.
    10-01-2012 09:32 AM
    LoL. Sure.

So you're saying that HTC has been trying their hardest to support the Titan, but AT&T just hasn't let them?

Meanwhile, Nokia is able to roll fixes to their phones in a timely fashion.
    And the iPhone 5 had a little WiFi problem and Verizon already issued an update to fix it while many TITANs still have the disappearing keyboard and the poor voice quality issues.
    10-01-2012 09:49 AM
    considering that the updates have rolled for international Titans, yes the problem lies with ATT.
    Last I heared from HTC about the poor voice quality issue was that it is under investigation with no ETA.
    10-01-2012 09:51 AM
    voice quality is fine if you don't use a case. Any case messes with the noise canceling microphones and results in poor voice quality.
    10-01-2012 10:47 AM
    Voice quality on my Titan is bad regardless of naked phone or with the Case Mate Tough Case. Also, the tape on the top microphone hole didn't fix it.
    10-01-2012 10:52 AM
    voice quality is fine if you don't use a case. Any case messes with the noise canceling microphones and results in poor voice quality.
    That might be your experience. The majority of US Titan owners will disagree with you though.
    10-01-2012 11:27 AM
    I also talk with the phone on my left ear rather that right so that could have something to do with the position of the mics.
    10-02-2012 10:29 AM
    To anyone still blaming AT&T for the T1's update problems, sorry to burst that bubble, but the Focus series from Samsung and the 900 have been supported. Samsung Androids on AT&T have been supported as well. HTC has dropped like a rock in sales because they have dropped like a rock in support and quality. That is WORLDWIDE sales, not just U.S. HTC sales on one carrier.

The T2 is better, but still not flawless. I am willing to at least look at the 8X, but I cannot see one solid reason to trust them at this point. There are too many other options out there that are closer to a guarantee of a good experience to gamble on a company in overall decline.
    10-02-2012 01:04 PM
    Yes, but international Titan's have gotten the updates. So HTC is just shunning the USA market?

Seems just about every device has been updated EXCEPT the Titan. Has the T2 gotten updates?
    10-02-2012 02:04 PM
    so did HTC ever update the Connection Setup app for ST APNs? no? But they said they would in August! /sarcasm

dont support liars and scumbags.
    10-02-2012 03:22 PM
    so did HTC ever update the Connection Setup app for ST APNs? no? But they said they would in August! /sarcasm

dont support liars and scumbags.
    I am a diehard HTC fan, but after playing with the Lumia devices, unless Windows Phone 8 includes the Nokia Apps for Drive/Maps (rumor has it, it will), Nokia Music (no confirmation), Nokia Counters (no confirmation) and a competent Network Setup/Connection Setup App... Nokia will probably win my vote for my Windows Phone 8 device - if I even make the move.

I love bigger, better, faster, stronger, but honestly, if they updated my Titan to work with Red Pocket Mobile/Straight Talk/Net10 I wouldn't even be looking at other devices. Especially if the 7.8 update comes and includes the added Nokia software - or if it didn't have that cooky gold card 'modification method' for debranding it and HSPL...

I think I am going to be playing more with my 900 and just switch back to the Titan when I know I'm going somewhere with photo ops. Of course, all this is subject to change when I press enter and read some more about the 8 series and 920...
    10-02-2012 07:23 PM
    As of right now, my order of brands go

Microsoft (assuming its a BA high end phone)
    Nokia
    HTC
    Samsung

The Titan is my first WP7 and also first HTC phone. My last WP was WinMo Treo. Been Blackberry since. Have a year left, so as of now, could be Windows, could be BB10/11. Will never be iOS if it remains similar and very doubtful it will ever be Android.
    10-03-2012 11:35 AM
    Treo 750 was a rad phone, it had Nokia like support too...loved that phone...nothing like HTC support thankfully.
    Last edited by inteller; 10-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    10-03-2012 01:36 PM
    Sold my Titan on Amazon this week, good riddance. Looking forward to the 920.
    10-07-2012 11:03 AM
    Can you tell us how much you got for it?
    10-08-2012 01:47 PM
    sold mine for $164 and my take was $150 after ebay fees. Mine included the official HTC dock though.
    10-08-2012 01:54 PM
    Not bad considering mine was $0.01. Not quite enough to get a new phone though. I guess I could pick up a *gasp* cheap android and fool with that till wp8 devices come out but would still be buying a wp8 phone for full price most likely. Do not want to buy a $500+ phone. Will decide when 7.8 comes out I guess. If that fixes the issues, I will be content till 8.5 devices come out.
    10-08-2012 05:20 PM
    I agree with power5 that buying a phone for $500+ is not an option. I also got my phone for a penny. I still think a titan w/ all its faults is better than a older used droid phone. I'll wait until the end of next june (when I'm eligible) to look at (hopefully) a nokia 8.5 phone.
    10-08-2012 05:53 PM
    Not bad considering mine was $0.01. Not quite enough to get a new phone though. I guess I could pick up a *gasp* cheap android and fool with that till wp8 devices come out but would still be buying a wp8 phone for full price most likely. Do not want to buy a $500+ phone. Will decide when 7.8 comes out I guess. If that fixes the issues, I will be content till 8.5 devices come out.
    there are going to be lots of opportunities to get a free WP8 device I have a feeling. stay close to microsoft stores during holiday season.
    10-08-2012 06:01 PM
    I have a Titan I and suffered through the muffled call quality issue. HTC readily admitted on the phone to the issue several times. They would just never do anything about it. I like the screen, the speaker volume when streaming videos, etc. But if I can't talk on the phone, it's a deal breaker. I may consider them again but only after real world reviews and a lot of them. HTC absolutely refused to do anything to fix a phone with bad quality and design. Reception is also very bad on this phone. I have two Titan I's in the family and they both suffer the same issue. I will not consider them for my next phone. Need to take a break from this OEM.
    10-08-2012 08:12 PM
    Im in a bit of a quandry tbh.

I had the HD7 - broke twice, fixed both times by HTC - and the Titan - broke once, I managed to fix it myself but the touchscreen hasn't been the same since (I was in India at the time so returning it wasn't an option). Ive said numerous times I wouldn't go HTC this time, and would go Nokia because of the apps, camera etc.

But the inability to get the Lumia 920 on any sort of a decent contract in the UK (terrible, terrible decision - baffling!) and the 8X looking rather gorgeous has made me lean towards the 8X. And even then its not perfect because of that awful 16GB limit. But I can't justify spending, over the course of 24 months, 480 more to have the Lumia 920 vs the 8X. Ludicrous pricing. 4G means very little to me, not at those prices anyway, and especially not with the data restrictions EE seem intent on having. Whats the point of 4G speeds when you can only get 5GB of downloads? I could get through that in an hour!
    10-31-2012 06:56 PM
    so you can't buy the phone outright over there in the UK? I'd go with the 920 if you can swing it, HTC has been horrible for software support, as you must realize since you are clamoring for the Nokia apps.
    11-01-2012 11:13 AM
    the hd2 was an excellent phone (still is due to xda devs) in terms of hardware. blew me away when i first got it. the 8X is interesting enough for me to seriously consider dropping my current unlocked gnex for t-mo USA, even paying full price. HTC has fallen before with customer service, but I've had horrible experiences myself with many other OEMs.
    11-01-2012 11:38 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD