AT&T giving out unlock codes for HTC Titan

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was getting my unlock code for my Lumia 900 and asked if I could get the unlock code for my Titan as well. She gave me both unlock codes, no questions asked. :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked: Can switch to any GSM network
Still branded to AT&T (meaning you're reliant on AT&T to release updates)

Unbranded: Can switch to any GSM network
Can download updates as soon as they hit the server regardless of carrier

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this will work for the Titan II?

Also, if I use Straight Talk (ATT Network) will unlocking the phone mess anything up with that?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this will work for the Titan II?

Also, if I use Straight Talk (ATT Network) will unlocking the phone mess anything up with that?

I'm not sure if AT&T is unlocking the Titan II yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they were. However, after looking over the connection setup thread, it appears a lot of people are having problems with their unlocked Titan on other networks (T-Mobile/Straight Talk). Many report no connectivity or losing MMS. I will definitely have to double check with T-Mobile about keeping MMS before I switch.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan-ii/192698-3.htm

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if AT&T is unlocking the Titan II yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they were. However, after looking over the connection setup thread, it appears a lot of people are having problems with their unlocked Titan on other networks (T-Mobile/Straight Talk). Many report no connectivity or losing MMS. I will definitely have to double check with T-Mobile about keeping MMS before I switch.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan-ii/192698-3.htm

Thanks. I have been involved with that thread for a while. The connection setup app does not work as intended, and does not even work at all for the Titan II.

I just spoke to ATT and was given the unlock code...but I have no idea how to apply it. I tried searching and just got tons of unlocking sites, but no good instructions that I could find.

Is there any benefit to unlocking it if I just plan to stay with Straight Talk (ATT)? I don't currently have any other sim cards.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It really is a shame how annoying it is to switch carriers. And as much as I want to lower my monthly bill, I simply can't give up MMS. I use it all the time. Then again, I'm also not excited about being on Edge until the re-farming is done. Nor am I sure how being on Edge will affect battery life as I assume the phone will still look for a 3G/LTE signal.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It really is a shame how annoying it is to switch carriers. And as much as I want to lower my monthly bill, I simply can't give up MMS. I use it all the time. Then again, I'm also not excited about being on Edge until the re-farming is done. Nor am I sure how being on Edge will affect battery life as I assume the phone will still look for a 3G/LTE signal.

Has T-Mo rolled out the 1900mhz 3/4G coverage where you are yet? I woke up to an amazing "4G" indicator on my Titan with my T-Mo SIM this morning... I live in an outlying area near Seattle. I had it a few times in city, but this was the first day I had it at home...

The Connection Setup App even has the right data/MMS settings onboard for T-Mo...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has T-Mo rolled out the 1900mhz 3/4G coverage where you are yet? I woke up to an amazing "4G" indicator on my Titan with my T-Mo SIM this morning... I live in an outlying area near Seattle. I had it a few times in city, but this was the first day I had it at home...

The Connection Setup App even has the right data/MMS settings onboard for T-Mo...

I talked to T-Mo and the best I could get is 3G in the neighboring city but only Edge at home. I don't think I can live with having Edge at home (or anywhere lol).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99