Received windows phone 7.8 update received for HTC titan

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I did the same exact thing on my wife's Focus Flash (all languages) and it went perfectly as well. It didn't crash a single time.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry. The Seven Eighter app keeps giving me that error code every time I use it. My Titan does not have a SIM card in it, maybe that is screwing things up?

Eye D 10 T

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just did the seven eighter update on my locked ATT Titan. Work fine, no crashing. Everything seems to be working OK. I installed all languages.

LtdCloud

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am able to update my HTC Titan UK unlocked on Bell Network but only the first two updates worked (using cable trick) When I try for the third update it just keep saying looking for updates.. Anyone has that??

Embiggens

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Well FWIW my status is I used the seven-eighter tool and received all of the updates up until the last one. My OS version is: 7.10.8773.98. Now I keep getting error 800700ce. I googled it and it seems like I'd have to do a hard reset to possibly fix this, which I'm not going to do. Sucks, but at least I'm finally rid of the disappearing keyboard.

aloner

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I updated my unlocked Titan to WP 7.8 yesterday. It went through five updates (including one from HTC) before getting the .8858 version. (the update to .8862 version was automatic)
I used the "pull the cable" trick. Had to try several times to find the exact timing to disconnect my PC from internet in order for the updates to appear. Be patient. It works...you just have to try multiple times allowing diferent intervals from the moment you hit the "Search for updates" button until you disconnect the PC from internet.
Also, I had my Titan in Airplane mode during the updates.

lexus67

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just updated my HTC Trophy in the UK using your method. Switching to flight mode has made the difference. Now running os version 7.10.8862.144. Thank for the info.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Trip report. I have two HTC Titans from AT&T, both on mango updated via the default method. I could not get seven-eighter to work though, it would go through the motions quickly and then just leave an error okay box. The message in the main seven-eighter window if you drug it sideways would say driver not installed on time or something. After lots of web research I found an obscure post where someone said they updated the bootloader via htc.com and sure enough that worked for me. The download is here:

https://support.htc.com/alerts_downloads/en/Update_the_HTC_TITAN_for_Zune

After installing that on both seven-eighter worked great and installed all the way to 7.8 v8862. Previously the bootloader was 1.6.160015.something and the new one was basically the same first part except it started with 2.6.160015.something. Hopefully that helps you stranded Titan users. I'm not using it so I can't promise it's working, but it seems like it's just fine.

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
ATT locked Titan 1 in the US
Windows 7 x64

Ran as administrator the Seven Eighter utility. It prompted to download another utility, did so and ran the new download.
Re-ran as administrator and started it. It asks for languages. Select all of them (must double click the checkboxes).
For me, it crashed one time after about 15 minutes. I closed it, reopened it as administrator and started it again (rechecked all languages).
It was done in another 5 minutes or so.

Good luck everyone!
Mine took about 4 hrs total, but stalled for a decent portion of that also.
My experience was very much like Team Obi Juan's. My upgrade stalled out somewhere around 8773.98 and I closed and restarted Seven Eighter and it gave me an error that I didn't have enough space on drive C. After freeing up some space I started it again and it completed with no problems. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Mine crashed about the same time, left it there for about an hour and a half and did some research on what to do. Finallly unplugged it as the phone had the computer/phone plugged in screen with a plain arrow and seven-eighter gave me a timeout code 80181201.
After I plugged my phone back in and restarted the app it did a total backup and then started updating again. Did a total of 9 or 10 updates, att Titan locked got it on release day for att, no updates sisnce I got it till I did seven-eighter. One thing I did notice the later half of the updates the program box would flash every little bit like it was going to close down. Never did though.

kenneth silvestre

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
When I waiting for update HTC titan x310e windows phone 7.8.. How long a year ago to update... Because my apps marketplace are getting update software.. Please help me..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12