Titan aint dead! New Paintjob gives Freshness!

mj12bot

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

after getting the 7.8 Update i wanted the whole Phone look fresh.

So here is what it looks like now. Completely painted/sprayed, no decals. The "R" is my Company Logo.

DSCN2944.JPG
DSCN2948.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2944-2.jpg
    DSCN2944-2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2948-2.jpg
    DSCN2948-2.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 20

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Very nice job
I've been wanting to do the same thing to my HTC HD7S for a long time but i feel like i can't paint the sides without paint leaking in through the button holes and damaging the phone on the inside.
What did type of paint did you use?

melvinmajor

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Great job but the "R" logo of your company gives at the finition the idea of being unfinished :/
I'm thinking to do a repaint of my Titan (Carbon Grey). It would be the same colours of the original one but the HTC logo will appear in a metallic grey... Nothing too complicate but I'm still thinking about it because I've a hard Shell (HTC HC650 or so I think. It's the one which have a great touch feeling).

And, my Titan will go straight back to HTC due Bluetooth problems since 5 months before :/

mj12bot

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
I completely disassembled the Cover for that.
I used Primer Filler, Duplicolor Platinum Pure White & Duplicolor Platinum Baby Blue. Finished with Duplicolor 2 coat-clear lacquer.

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I painted my titan white and posted a punch of pics on XDA it was nice a satin finish BUT it all eventually "flecked" off after normal wear and tear, I wonder if this clear coat you put on will prevent that or if nicks and scratches are eventuality regardless.

like at the bottom of your titan for example I had that painted white and because the bottom is not metal the white paint eventually faded away

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
would love to see step by step instructions!!! how did you dis-assemble the back without breaking anything? i only see two screws on my titan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss