Weird issue has recently popped up (aside from the occasional random reboot). When I answer a call, the screen goes black (as if I have it to my ear to talk) and I can't hit the end call button. I have to either shut the phone off or hope the other party hangs up. Same thing when I dial voicemail. Soon as it starts dialing, I get the black screen and cant get screen to turn on again.. Anyone run into this, if so what was fix? I use phone often for work, and it's getting damned annoying! I have tried battery pulls, and resetting the phone. No luck..

Thanks

J.....
    05-21-2013 10:07 AM
    Weird issue has recently popped up (aside from the occasional random reboot). When I answer a call, the screen goes black (as if I have it to my ear to talk) and I can't hit the end call button. I have to either shut the phone off or hope the other party hangs up. Same thing when I dial voicemail. Soon as it starts dialing, I get the black screen and cant get screen to turn on again.. Anyone run into this, if so what was fix? I use phone often for work, and it's getting damned annoying! I have tried battery pulls, and resetting the phone. No luck..
    It is a hardware issue, it is the Proximity Sensor (Search Results: http://forums.windowscentral.com/sea...archid=1963296). The phone thinks it is up against your head and thus the black screen.

The only really thing to do is try to get whatever is in front of the proxy sensor out of the way! It is/was a VERY common issue on the 920.
    05-21-2013 10:55 AM
    I found all them later.. Thanks! I think there is a serious problem with the sensor. I have no screen protector, no case and tried cleaning everything. Just wont seem to light back up at all. When I check voicemail, the phone isn't anywhere near my face. I hold it in front of my and use the speaker phone (well, did use it..LOL). Thanks again, I'm about ready to dump the old girl and move on to another WP phone
    05-21-2013 11:48 AM
    Sometimes I can't hang up the call either. I tell her to hang up first, but she wants me to hang up first. Finally, we decide to hang up together and I feel all warm inside.
    Mystictrust and Curtieson like this.
    05-21-2013 03:13 PM
    Sometimes I can't hang up the call either. I tell her to hang up first, but she wants me to hang up first. Finally, we decide to hang up together and I feel all warm inside.
    You may not be such a grump after all, Walter ;)
    05-21-2013 03:18 PM
    This happened constantly with my Evo 4G... If you get a can of air, spray it in near the earpiece... This has a pass through to the front camera and the proximity sensor... If it isn't a hardware problem, it's more than likely just a piece of dust that is covering the sensor. If you set the screen to auto brightness, the screen will be darker than normal and not change if you place it in a bright space (like outdoors).

Hope you figure it out soon!
    05-28-2013 03:40 PM