05-30-2011 08:26 AM
1,015 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    05-11-2011 02:08 PM
    Just seems like signs are pointing towards next week or later...

Maybe I will just go with a Charge or Thurnderbolt for now and just pay to not be on contract so when the Microkia phones come out I can just re-up for that device...

Its really getting rediculous... Besides, at least someone in our family will grab a new Trophy...

The other interesting aspect about this is what happened with the other Android phones that were to be released on Thursday? WV, are they in your system?
    yes, i am curious as to the other two android phones that are supposedly being released tomorrow as well.

as for the droid charge, it's actually sitting in verizon stores, but they don't have a release date for that either. which is really weird. they have all the marketing material, the ACTUAL HANSETS, and yet, they aren't allowed to sell them, and have only been told by corporate, that it's been delayed.

as to all the verizon stuff. i think it's been nailed pretty well already as to what policies are bothering me as a consumer. the defense that "every one else is doing it" is an extremely pathetic one, because as a consumer, i don't give a crap what everyone else is doing, verizon offers a value proposition to me with three things, their network, their customer service, and their phones. one thing is great (for now) the network. their phone selection has always been crappy, BUT their customer service used to be excellent, so the value remained and i have a reason to stay.

now, if they start removing things that separated them from the rest, yet still offer one of the poorest phone selection choices (regardless of platform), they can only hold on to "but you can use our network everywhere!" for so long before that doesn't become enough of an issue for me to stay.

honestly, if this is the mentality of the company, i might just buy my trophy off contract and wait out the rest of my lines until att upgrades their coverage.

BUT, i'm done talking about this, it's been hashed out enough, can we get back to obsessing about this frakking phone!? :)

while i will always hope for a release tomorrow, the 19th is looking far more likely. :(
    05-11-2011 02:09 PM
    I don't know, WV, but will all these recent reports, especially the Xbox Live Theme, it all does seem like it will be released next week, if not tomorrow.
    I just emailed my contact
    swantonsoup likes this.
    05-11-2011 02:11 PM
    I just emailed my contact
    Thanks. Appreciate all your help.
    05-11-2011 02:12 PM
    I guess the only thing I disagree with is that Verizon hasn't officially announced a release date. Yes they did, early 2011 was the stated release. I don't think anyone can argue that we're well beyond "Early 2011"....

This is my personal reason for being annoyed with Verizon and will be considering switching to AT&T in the future. I've been a verizon customer for about 10 years and have a 3 line family plan.... Never thought I would ever consider switching.
    05-11-2011 02:29 PM
    I guess the only thing I disagree with is that Verizon hasn't officially announced a release date. Yes they did, early 2011 was the stated release. I don't think anyone can argue that we're well beyond "Early 2011"....

This is my personal reason for being annoyed with Verizon and will be considering switching to AT&T in the future. I've been a verizon customer for about 10 years and have a 3 line family plan.... Never thought I would ever consider switching.
    Verizon didn't say anything publically. The internal Microsoft promo leaked, but that wasn't information for the public.
    05-11-2011 02:32 PM
    Thanks. Appreciate all your help.
    Just got an email back, it has been delayed with no date given.
    05-11-2011 02:37 PM
    Verizon didn't say anything publically. The internal Microsoft promo leaked, but that wasn't information for the public.
    Can you access that website? (Yes)

Is the offer made by MS only? (No)

Is the contact a MS employee? (no, its bobb.sapp@verizonwireless.com)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=jLD30VWh

Just saying... The information is on verizonwireless.com. Can't be more public than that...
    05-11-2011 02:37 PM
    Skunked again!!!

F Verizon and their delays... back to the drawing board.

I bet the droid phones will be released...
    05-11-2011 02:39 PM
    Skunked again!!!

F Verizon and their delays... back to the drawing board.

I bet the droid phones will be released...
    Nothing is showing being released tomorrow
    05-11-2011 02:42 PM
    Nothing is showing being released tomorrow
    The more and more I think about (which is absoluetly too much... its really an obsession at this point) I think the MS offer people will be notified on or before the VZW stores.

"4.When device is ready to launch: you will receive an email providing
    next steps to take advantage of the HTC Trophy (Offer 2) and utilize
    the customized Microsoft Employee extranet portal to order the
    device(s) with this special promotional offer
    5.Once online order complete you will receive your HTC Trophy,
    including a FREE vehicle power charger and leather case, with FREE
    second day shipping from Federal Express
    "
    This whole thing sucks...
    05-11-2011 02:53 PM
    I'm looking on cl for a focus. I'm going to give AT&T a shot for a month with a prepaid plan.
    05-11-2011 03:05 PM
    Yeah, this does suck. I find it pretty funny that there is a Verizon Trophy theme pack for Xbox though. Somebody didn't get the memo... Lol
    05-11-2011 03:11 PM
    CAN SOMEONE GO POSTAL ON VERIZON!???

They are aiming for June 30th... @)(&!*$@!(*)($!@*#!@#^!@#^!@#
    05-11-2011 03:23 PM
    So it's pretty obvious that it's not coming tomorrow...but I'm thinking that the 19th isn't likely either. My guess? The 26th - It makes sense with the recent news of a Microsoft WP event (complete with red tiles) on the 24th. I know some people are saying this is a Mango preview event, but my guess is that it will also be the place they choose to announce the Trophy.
    05-11-2011 03:23 PM
    Quick! Go buy it off Best Buy website! Lol... this is crazy.
    05-11-2011 03:28 PM
    Do delays like this happen regularly? If so, what's the reason? I'm just wondering if there is a precedent for something like this.

Thanks for the info.
    05-11-2011 03:28 PM
    I'm looking on cl for a focus. I'm going to give AT&T a shot for a month with a prepaid plan.
    I did the same thing about a month ago when I picked a Focus up from eBay. Kept the Verizon line on my OG Droid so the options are open and I can compare coverage for a while.
    05-11-2011 03:35 PM
    So it's pretty obvious that it's not coming tomorrow...but I'm thinking that the 19th isn't likely either. My guess? The 26th - It makes sense with the recent news of a Microsoft WP event (complete with red tiles) on the 24th. I know some people are saying this is a Mango preview event, but my guess is that it will also be the place they choose to announce the Trophy.
    When I saw all the red on the flyer for the even on the 26th, I immediately thought it could be a hint at the Trophy & Verizon.

Lets not act like the Trophy is that special of a phone. Its just like every other WP7 phone, except it will be on VZ. The event on the 26th will be 98% on Mango and app development. Maybe they'll spend a few minutes talking about the new phone lineup (and include the Trophy here).
    05-11-2011 03:45 PM
    05-11-2011 03:48 PM
    I know, right? It keeps building and building...
    05-11-2011 03:51 PM
    05-11-2011 04:06 PM
    At this point I think this is the time for all of us to look at other carriers. With Verizon being this slow with releasing the phone long after everyone else even with the hardware working on their network then I don't think there's hope that Verizon will be any quicker when it comes to updates to the phone.
    05-11-2011 05:23 PM
    I wish I can do that Pack, but my employee discount is too good to give up, even for WP7!
    05-11-2011 05:27 PM

You have got to be kidding!!! I know you have been helpful but don't you feel a bit perturbed by all the mis-information you have been given and all the BS we as customers have been given.:mad:
    05-11-2011 05:52 PM
1,015 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD