05-30-2011 08:26 AM
1,015 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    You have got to be kidding!!! I know you have been helpful but don't you feel a bit perturbed by all the mis-information you have been given and all the BS we as customers have been given.:mad:
    To this day, I still have not received one call regarding this phone. So honestly, I'm not bothered in the least.
    05-11-2011 06:56 PM
    The theme and gamer pics on xbox.com have been pulled. Good indication that 5/12 was indeed set as a target date at some point, not that that bit of information helps all that much.

One comment on the story has someone getting quoted 5/19 from three different Best Buy stores (over the phone). Not that I'm getting my hopes up...
    05-11-2011 07:38 PM
    You know now that it's actually been delayed, I think it's time to be upset. And wireless vet you keep saying besides here you haven't heard anything about the trophy or wp7. I have to say who's fault is that? I once heard that if a business is doing good you should advertise but if you're business is doing poorly you NEED to advertise. No one is asking about wp7 because verizon wireless hasn't advertised it. Yes I understand not all phones get the huge over the top advertising BUT the 1st of it's type did (droid, iphone, kin, and I'm sure there's others) So I say someone needs to say "hey we're getting an wp7 too" that's all I ask
    05-11-2011 07:50 PM
    You know now that it's actually been delayed, I think it's time to be upset. And wireless vet you keep saying besides here you haven't heard anything about the trophy or wp7. I have to say who's fault is that? I once heard that if a business is doing good you should advertise but if you're business is doing poorly you NEED to advertise. No one is asking about wp7 because verizon wireless hasn't advertised it. Yes I understand not all phones get the huge over the top advertising BUT the 1st of it's type did (droid, iphone, kin, and I'm sure there's others) So I say someone needs to say "hey we're getting an wp7 too" that's all I ask
    Five Guys Burgers And Fries doesn't advertise.

Verizon is advertising the phones that are available. I'm frustrated too, but I dont think I'm mad at Verizon.
    05-11-2011 07:59 PM
    They advertised the **** out of the droid and t-bolt
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-11-2011 08:10 PM
    To this day, I still have not received one call regarding this phone. So honestly, I'm not bothered in the least.
    Decided to register just to tell someone at Verizon, we DO care about this phone and Windows Phone platform :). The number of views on this thread and this sub-forum gives me confidence that eventually Verizon will care about the platform.

Eagerly awaiting with the rest of you!

~Jason
    Tjarren likes this.
    05-11-2011 10:31 PM
    This is exactly what I've been saying . I'm not the least bit concerned that I bought a Samsung focus on eBay and can use at&t as a go between until my contract is up with vzw. Vzw has done nothing to show me they will be a leader in rolling out updates and certainly not in rolling out new phones (think microkia).

I'm very bummed so many ppl are stuck on vzw... Because they deserve this kick butt OS its true outstanding imo. I look forward to mango to fill on the small gaps and yes I said small

If my imagio gets any flaky'er I will just pat the etf and go at&t straight. I know alot of folks get 18% discount from vzw... But you might ask at&t about getting the same ... Seems they are willing to compete on the corporate level.

I do hope the trophy is released soon...but not sorry I went for the Samsung focus.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    05-11-2011 11:58 PM
    Five Guys Burgers And Fries doesn't advertise.

Never heard of them.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-12-2011 02:03 AM
    Never heard of them.

zing! ;)

personally, i like in n' out better. :)
    05-12-2011 02:04 AM
    Never heard of them.

zing! ;)

personally, i like in n' out better. :)
    Hahah. Ive never had in n' out but I gotta try it. In 2011 Zagat had 5 guys #1 over in n' out for best fast food burger.
    05-12-2011 02:29 AM
    yeah I've never heard of either one of those.
    05-12-2011 02:41 AM
    you're not from california, which is probably why you don't know of in n' out.

they're both burger stands with simple menus, i think 5 guys (iirc) is the one with peanuts all over the place, and mediocre french fries.

i found a focus tonight, gonna go pick it up tomorrow and try this att thing out.

also sold my iphone and am going to activate my razr for the time being. i don't need to pay for two data plans :p

if verizon ever decides to offer me a phone i actually want, i'll probably go back for the unlim data, but i'm def buying it off contract so i can be free.

free!
    05-12-2011 03:45 AM
    I went to two Best Buys last night to see if they would have any Trophies in. They both said that it would be a Verizon exclusive and should launch on Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised that they had even heard of the phone. Is anybody going to a Verizon store right when they open this morning to see if they selling it?
    05-12-2011 08:17 AM
    I went to two Best Buys last night to see if they would have any Trophies in. They both said that it would be a Verizon exclusive and should launch on Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised that they had even heard of the phone. Is anybody going to a Verizon store right when they open this morning to see if they selling it?
    Thursday as in today? Or next Thursday?
    05-12-2011 09:18 AM
    Thursday as in today? Or next Thursday?
    Thursday as in today. Sorry for the confusion.
    05-12-2011 09:19 AM
    I think it's pretty obvious Verizon pulled the plug on the release of this phone (Again), at the last minute. Maybe they've decided they're so close to Mango they're just going to be the first to market with a Mango phone?

I'd rather have my phone next Thursday to be honest.
    05-12-2011 09:41 AM
    So close to mango?! Mango is at LEAST 4 months away. That's not close.
    05-12-2011 09:44 AM
    Yeah Mango shouldnt be until Fall. Some sites have said it will get released at the event on the 26th, but I think thats just false information.
    05-12-2011 09:50 AM
    Yeah, I thought that big event meant it was closer to release. As usual, I guess we wait and see. I keep telling myself I need to just disconnect and not look into this for 4-5 days straight... but I can't stop searching for the latest news! :)
    05-12-2011 09:59 AM
    I went to a vzw store a couple of days ago (5/9) and asked about a wp7 and the guy said he won't be getting any of those for at least 2 more months
    05-12-2011 10:00 AM
    I went to a vzw store a couple of days ago (5/9) and asked about a wp7 and the guy said he won't be getting any of those for at least 2 more months
    I think this guy was trying to sell you a different phone...
    05-12-2011 10:26 AM
    the big event probably just means the feature set is locked in or close to being so, so now they can show people (consumers) what to expect in the fall update.

going by the xbox live update cycle, msft tends to do two large updates a year, a spring update, which is the smaller of the two (NoDo) and a fall update, which is generally a bigger one (mango)

if verizon is actually thinking of waiting for mango to arrive before releasing a gen1 phone among the expected gen2 phones that should come out around mango's release, then screw them.
    05-12-2011 10:26 AM
    Nothing is going to be released on the 24th. well.. except possibly the developer tools for Mango (emulator, SDK etc..).

I'm sure it wont be long though that MS will release the bits for developer unlocked phones so devs can test their apps on Mango..

Verizon. YOU ARE LAME.

nuf said
    05-12-2011 10:44 AM
    Well we aren't the only ones who didn't get our phones today. The droid x2 and the lg revolution were both suppose to be out today to so at least it's not verizon hating on
    wp7
    cjwcash likes this.
    05-12-2011 10:59 AM
    Well, Verizon is smart because they have not anouced a date, so the anticipation builds as does the frustration of the "missed" dates which are speculative anyhow. Leaks, screenshots, hints from insiders, placeholders etc. all a nice trail of info, but nothing official.

So there's nothing to do except wait for the availability to be made real when Verizon puts it up live for ordering.

I've been waiting ever since I thought it was coming out last October, but hey, as much as I love tech toys, I continue to pass the time by watching the sites and enjoying the speculation and not letting the frustration of the calendar marching forward get the better of me.

I'm still buying 6 units on day one for myself and some co-workers on our VZ plan....
    05-12-2011 11:02 AM
1,015 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD