Called Verizon Today

1979w72

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking on cl for a focus. I'm going to give AT&T a shot for a month with a prepaid plan.

I did the same thing about a month ago when I picked a Focus up from eBay. Kept the Verizon line on my OG Droid so the options are open and I can compare coverage for a while.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So it's pretty obvious that it's not coming tomorrow...but I'm thinking that the 19th isn't likely either. My guess? The 26th - It makes sense with the recent news of a Microsoft WP event (complete with red tiles) on the 24th. I know some people are saying this is a Mango preview event, but my guess is that it will also be the place they choose to announce the Trophy.

When I saw all the red on the flyer for the even on the 26th, I immediately thought it could be a hint at the Trophy & Verizon.

Lets not act like the Trophy is that special of a phone. Its just like every other WP7 phone, except it will be on VZ. The event on the 26th will be 98% on Mango and app development. Maybe they'll spend a few minutes talking about the new phone lineup (and include the Trophy here).

Pack34

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email back, it has been delayed with no date given.

At this point I think this is the time for all of us to look at other carriers. With Verizon being this slow with releasing the phone long after everyone else even with the hardware working on their network then I don't think there's hope that Verizon will be any quicker when it comes to updates to the phone.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Delayed again????????????????

Just got an email back, it has been delayed with no date given.

You have got to be kidding!!! I know you have been helpful but don't you feel a bit perturbed by all the mis-information you have been given and all the BS we as customers have been given.:mad:

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You have got to be kidding!!! I know you have been helpful but don't you feel a bit perturbed by all the mis-information you have been given and all the BS we as customers have been given.:mad:

To this day, I still have not received one call regarding this phone. So honestly, I'm not bothered in the least.

Random of Amber

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The theme and gamer pics on xbox.com have been pulled. Good indication that 5/12 was indeed set as a target date at some point, not that that bit of information helps all that much.

One comment on the story has someone getting quoted 5/19 from three different Best Buy stores (over the phone). Not that I'm getting my hopes up...

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You know now that it's actually been delayed, I think it's time to be upset. And wireless vet you keep saying besides here you haven't heard anything about the trophy or wp7. I have to say who's fault is that? I once heard that if a business is doing good you should advertise but if you're business is doing poorly you NEED to advertise. No one is asking about wp7 because verizon wireless hasn't advertised it. Yes I understand not all phones get the huge over the top advertising BUT the 1st of it's type did (droid, iphone, kin, and I'm sure there's others) So I say someone needs to say "hey we're getting an wp7 too" that's all I ask

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You know now that it's actually been delayed, I think it's time to be upset. And wireless vet you keep saying besides here you haven't heard anything about the trophy or wp7. I have to say who's fault is that? I once heard that if a business is doing good you should advertise but if you're business is doing poorly you NEED to advertise. No one is asking about wp7 because verizon wireless hasn't advertised it. Yes I understand not all phones get the huge over the top advertising BUT the 1st of it's type did (droid, iphone, kin, and I'm sure there's others) So I say someone needs to say "hey we're getting an wp7 too" that's all I ask

Five Guys Burgers And Fries doesn't advertise.

Verizon is advertising the phones that are available. I'm frustrated too, but I dont think I'm mad at Verizon.

jgrieves

May 12, 2011
Visit site
To this day, I still have not received one call regarding this phone. So honestly, I'm not bothered in the least.

Decided to register just to tell someone at Verizon, we DO care about this phone and Windows Phone platform :). The number of views on this thread and this sub-forum gives me confidence that eventually Verizon will care about the platform.

Eagerly awaiting with the rest of you!

~Jason

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what I've been saying . I'm not the least bit concerned that I bought a Samsung focus on eBay and can use at&t as a go between until my contract is up with vzw. Vzw has done nothing to show me they will be a leader in rolling out updates and certainly not in rolling out new phones (think microkia).

I'm very bummed so many ppl are stuck on vzw... Because they deserve this kick butt OS its true outstanding imo. I look forward to mango to fill on the small gaps and yes I said small

If my imagio gets any flaky'er I will just pat the etf and go at&t straight. I know alot of folks get 18% discount from vzw... But you might ask at&t about getting the same ... Seems they are willing to compete on the corporate level.

I do hope the trophy is released soon...but not sorry I went for the Samsung focus.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos