Called Verizon Today

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
************************************* I HATE ALL OF YOU FOR SAYING THE TROPHY ISN'T COMING OUT SO GO TO ****.......sorry just am not a really happy person now

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
WV, As a Verizon employee, what do you tell guys like me and others on this thread? I'm out of contract and have been since February. I have a family plan with 4 lines and 2 of the lines aren't under contract. I'm sitting here waiting for a phone that VZ said would be "Q1" and yet there's no sign of it showing up soon.

This is going to come back to bite me in the *** because if I wait until May/June to get the Trophy, I'd have to wait another 20-24 months after that for my next upgrade. This is bull because if I switch to Sprint (or AT&T) right now, I would be able to get my next upgrade sooner because the contract would start today.

Every day I wait for the Trophy is just pushing back my next upgrade.

I've been a loyal VZ customer for 5 years but I've never seen such a messed up product launch. I wish I could start my 2 year agreement now, or better yet, quarter 1 of 2011 as promised.

I'm curious to know where you saw an official statement from VZW regarding this phone?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
We got our first intro to the Blackberry Playbook today, and I know over the next few weeks we have training on the Moto Bionic and Samsung Charge coming, but not a peep on any kind of Windows phone.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate the info WV. Both those phones have been publicly announced by Verizon. In their defense, the Trophy hasnt yet. Just the Q1 CDMA Nodo update for WP7 and the leaked Microsoft employee promo.

But God I hope its not June.

Tomorrow (4/15) is the date that leaked document had printed next to the Trophy.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you hear that from VZW?

Yep... CRICKETS LOL !

I'm Shopping for Samsung Focus now... will get a month of service and try out AT&T !

If it works alright.. BYE VERIZON ! YEAH !!!!!!

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
We got our first intro to the Blackberry Playbook today, and I know over the next few weeks we have training on the Moto Bionic and Samsung Charge coming, but not a peep on any kind of Windows phone.

I've seen you post here a lot about this subject. Assuming you are being genuine (and I do try to give the benefit of the doubt), would it be presumptuous of me to conclude that you are also in a position to do some digging and find out what you can? The evidence is VERY clear that a device is coming and that device looks to be a world-phone version of the HTC Trophy. In fact, another thread someone claims to have gotten a direct response from a Verizon representative that the device is still going through rigorous testing.

Not wanting to put you in any kind of danger with your employer, but you are in a unique position to do more than come here and simply deliver news that you've heard nothing about it. If you're desirous of KEEPING Verizon loyalist with your company, this information is imperative. I'm about 3 weeks away from having to make a decision that won't be in your company's favor.

So, long story short, please help us out. Thanks!

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen you post here a lot about this subject. Assuming you are being genuine (and I do try to give the benefit of the doubt), would it be presumptuous of me to conclude that you are also in a position to do some digging and find out what you can? The evidence is VERY clear that a device is coming and that device looks to be a world-phone version of the HTC Trophy. In fact, another thread someone claims to have gotten a direct response from a Verizon representative that the device is still going through rigorous testing.

Not wanting to put you in any kind of danger with your employer, but you are in a unique position to do more than come here and simply deliver news that you've heard nothing about it. If you're desirous of KEEPING Verizon loyalist with your company, this information is imperative. I'm about 3 weeks away from having to make a decision that won't be in your company's favor.

So, long story short, please help us out. Thanks!

Yes, there is someone specific I have at my disposal who does nothing but handling new releases. I plan on contacting him today.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
And I understand the apprehension some of you may have. To be honest, the main reason I came here was to look for info! The Wireless Experts websites are great for info on upcoming products, and I pride myself in staying up on all this. When I started seeing talk about a Windows phone, I was dumbfounded, because I usually know of a phones release up to six months before it hits, and there's been no talk at all.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
And I understand the apprehension some of you may have. To be honest, the main reason I came here was to look for info! The Wireless Experts websites are great for info on upcoming products, and I pride myself in staying up on all this. When I started seeing talk about a Windows phone, I was dumbfounded, because I usually know of a phones release up to six months before it hits, and there's been no talk at all.

It's ok, and we appreciate anything you can find out for us.

Here's more evidence that I'm not sure you were aware of:

Troubleshooting problems during software update for Windows Phone 7

Marketplace tile does not refresh to reflect installation of app updates on ...

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info Tjarren. The Trophy is definitely coming. But will it be in April, May, or June?

I'm using my upgrade on the Trophy (hopefully soon) and then my mom's line's upgrade on a 7.5/mango phone at the end of the year.

I'm starting to wonder how much time will be between the Trophy release and the release of the first Mango phone.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info Tjarren. The Trophy is definitely coming. But will it be in April, May, or June?

I'm using my upgrade on the Trophy (hopefully soon) and then my mom's line's upgrade on a 7.5/mango phone at the end of the year.

I'm starting to wonder how much time will be between the Trophy release and the release of the first Mango phone.

I wonder about this as well but I'll still get the Trophy when it comes out. The Trophy will be getting the Mango update, and Nokia has said 2012 for their WP7 phones. So I don't think I'll regret getting the Trophy now, since it'll be a good while before the new top of the line Nokias come out.

I know other manufacturers will probably release phones in the meantime, but I'll wait to see what Nokia has before making an upgrade decision anyway.

mbair

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have five lines that the Verizon contracts have been up on since october. I have waited and waited for a WP7 phone to be released. And the other lines have been itching to upgrade to other phones also. If the Trophy had been release anytime before April I would have jumped and gotten five new phones. This latest delay has me considering doing nothing until the Nokias come out. Or perhaps I should give up and move on to another carrier.

Why is it so difficult to release some sort of official information about these phones?

All of these electronics shows and nobody asks or at least presses for an answer from Microsoft or Verizon about these phones.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have five lines that the Verizon contracts have been up on since october. I have waited and waited for a WP7 phone to be released. And the other lines have been itching to upgrade to other phones also. If the Trophy had been release anytime before April I would have jumped and gotten five new phones. This latest delay has me considering doing nothing until the Nokias come out. Or perhaps I should give up and move on to another carrier.

Why is it so difficult to release some sort of official information about these phones?

All of these electronics shows and nobody asks or at least presses for an answer from Microsoft or Verizon about these phones.

I was in the exact same situation(Actually only 4 lines). I got tired of the run around. I switched to AT&T. I have no coverage problems and my monthly bill is $75 cheaper. Screw you Verizon!!

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I made contact with our product release and this is what know. He has a "short list" with specific dates, and a list of phones that are 1-2 months out. The Trophy, as of right now, is, unfortunately, on the further out list. He is expecting a release no later than June. He assured me he will give me a more specific answer as the time gets closer.

As far as releasing info, with all due respect, as a whole, we don't take specific release dates as serious as people think we do or should. And again, with all due respect, I haven't come across one single customer outside of folks on this forum that have showed any interest at all in this phone. Unfortunately, this will be a minor release for us.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
And again, with all due respect, I haven't come across one single customer outside of folks on this forum that have showed any interest at all in this phone. Unfortunately, this will be a minor release for us.

How can you know how much interest there really is? The people who are interested in WP7 are going to be hanging out on these forums anyway.

I've thought about contacting Verizon to let them know of my interest, but I can't really find a good place to do so. The last time I did try, I got no response.

I appreciate your efforts, and I know this has nothing to do with you personally, but hearing things like this makes me more and more disgruntled. I'm now looking into AT&T plans. I think I'm now willing to pay my ETF to get out. The Focus and the (hopefully soon-to-be-released) HD7S are looking pretty good these days.

Edit:
Also, a quick search on Twitter for "verizon WP7" or "verizonwireless WP7" shows that there are people out there who are interested.

pardizzone

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just do a google search on Verizon Windows Phone 7 and look at any of the comments from any of the 20,000,000 hits. Tons of people waiting and wanting WP7 on Verizon....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss