05-30-2011 07:26 AM
1,015 1234 ...
tools
    We got our first intro to the Blackberry Playbook today, and I know over the next few weeks we have training on the Moto Bionic and Samsung Charge coming, but not a peep on any kind of Windows phone.
    04-14-2011 09:34 PM
    Appreciate the info WV. Both those phones have been publicly announced by Verizon. In their defense, the Trophy hasnt yet. Just the Q1 CDMA Nodo update for WP7 and the leaked Microsoft employee promo.

But God I hope its not June.

Tomorrow (4/15) is the date that leaked document had printed next to the Trophy.
    04-14-2011 09:46 PM
    Yep... CRICKETS LOL !

I'm Shopping for Samsung Focus now... will get a month of service and try out AT&T !

If it works alright.. BYE VERIZON ! YEAH !!!!!!
    04-15-2011 11:52 AM
    We got our first intro to the Blackberry Playbook today, and I know over the next few weeks we have training on the Moto Bionic and Samsung Charge coming, but not a peep on any kind of Windows phone.
    I've seen you post here a lot about this subject. Assuming you are being genuine (and I do try to give the benefit of the doubt), would it be presumptuous of me to conclude that you are also in a position to do some digging and find out what you can? The evidence is VERY clear that a device is coming and that device looks to be a world-phone version of the HTC Trophy. In fact, another thread someone claims to have gotten a direct response from a Verizon representative that the device is still going through rigorous testing.

Not wanting to put you in any kind of danger with your employer, but you are in a unique position to do more than come here and simply deliver news that you've heard nothing about it. If you're desirous of KEEPING Verizon loyalist with your company, this information is imperative. I'm about 3 weeks away from having to make a decision that won't be in your company's favor.

So, long story short, please help us out. Thanks!
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-17-2011 11:40 AM
    I've seen you post here a lot about this subject. Assuming you are being genuine (and I do try to give the benefit of the doubt), would it be presumptuous of me to conclude that you are also in a position to do some digging and find out what you can? The evidence is VERY clear that a device is coming and that device looks to be a world-phone version of the HTC Trophy. In fact, another thread someone claims to have gotten a direct response from a Verizon representative that the device is still going through rigorous testing.

Not wanting to put you in any kind of danger with your employer, but you are in a unique position to do more than come here and simply deliver news that you've heard nothing about it. If you're desirous of KEEPING Verizon loyalist with your company, this information is imperative. I'm about 3 weeks away from having to make a decision that won't be in your company's favor.

So, long story short, please help us out. Thanks!

Yes, there is someone specific I have at my disposal who does nothing but handling new releases. I plan on contacting him today.
    Tjarren likes this.
    04-18-2011 07:09 AM
    And I understand the apprehension some of you may have. To be honest, the main reason I came here was to look for info! The Wireless Experts websites are great for info on upcoming products, and I pride myself in staying up on all this. When I started seeing talk about a Windows phone, I was dumbfounded, because I usually know of a phones release up to six months before it hits, and there's been no talk at all.
    04-18-2011 07:11 AM
    Thanks WV. I call the number on the MS promo every weekday and ask for updates. Some reps dig deeper than others, but obviously, no news yet.
    04-18-2011 08:41 AM
    And I understand the apprehension some of you may have. To be honest, the main reason I came here was to look for info! The Wireless Experts websites are great for info on upcoming products, and I pride myself in staying up on all this. When I started seeing talk about a Windows phone, I was dumbfounded, because I usually know of a phones release up to six months before it hits, and there's been no talk at all.
    It's ok, and we appreciate anything you can find out for us.

Here's more evidence that I'm not sure you were aware of:

Troubleshooting problems during software update for Windows Phone 7

Marketplace tile does not refresh to reflect installation of app updates on ...
    swantonsoup likes this.
    04-20-2011 12:10 AM
    Thanks for that info Tjarren. The Trophy is definitely coming. But will it be in April, May, or June?

I'm using my upgrade on the Trophy (hopefully soon) and then my mom's line's upgrade on a 7.5/mango phone at the end of the year.

I'm starting to wonder how much time will be between the Trophy release and the release of the first Mango phone.
    04-20-2011 08:50 AM
    Thanks for that info Tjarren. The Trophy is definitely coming. But will it be in April, May, or June?

I'm using my upgrade on the Trophy (hopefully soon) and then my mom's line's upgrade on a 7.5/mango phone at the end of the year.

I'm starting to wonder how much time will be between the Trophy release and the release of the first Mango phone.
    I wonder about this as well but I'll still get the Trophy when it comes out. The Trophy will be getting the Mango update, and Nokia has said 2012 for their WP7 phones. So I don't think I'll regret getting the Trophy now, since it'll be a good while before the new top of the line Nokias come out.

I know other manufacturers will probably release phones in the meantime, but I'll wait to see what Nokia has before making an upgrade decision anyway.
    04-20-2011 12:02 PM
    I have five lines that the Verizon contracts have been up on since october. I have waited and waited for a WP7 phone to be released. And the other lines have been itching to upgrade to other phones also. If the Trophy had been release anytime before April I would have jumped and gotten five new phones. This latest delay has me considering doing nothing until the Nokias come out. Or perhaps I should give up and move on to another carrier.

Why is it so difficult to release some sort of official information about these phones?

All of these electronics shows and nobody asks or at least presses for an answer from Microsoft or Verizon about these phones.
    04-20-2011 01:36 PM
    I have five lines that the Verizon contracts have been up on since october. I have waited and waited for a WP7 phone to be released. And the other lines have been itching to upgrade to other phones also. If the Trophy had been release anytime before April I would have jumped and gotten five new phones. This latest delay has me considering doing nothing until the Nokias come out. Or perhaps I should give up and move on to another carrier.

Why is it so difficult to release some sort of official information about these phones?

All of these electronics shows and nobody asks or at least presses for an answer from Microsoft or Verizon about these phones.
    I was in the exact same situation(Actually only 4 lines). I got tired of the run around. I switched to AT&T. I have no coverage problems and my monthly bill is $75 cheaper. Screw you Verizon!!
    04-20-2011 01:46 PM
    Ok, so I made contact with our product release and this is what know. He has a "short list" with specific dates, and a list of phones that are 1-2 months out. The Trophy, as of right now, is, unfortunately, on the further out list. He is expecting a release no later than June. He assured me he will give me a more specific answer as the time gets closer.

As far as releasing info, with all due respect, as a whole, we don't take specific release dates as serious as people think we do or should. And again, with all due respect, I haven't come across one single customer outside of folks on this forum that have showed any interest at all in this phone. Unfortunately, this will be a minor release for us.
    04-20-2011 06:50 PM
    And again, with all due respect, I haven't come across one single customer outside of folks on this forum that have showed any interest at all in this phone. Unfortunately, this will be a minor release for us.
    How can you know how much interest there really is? The people who are interested in WP7 are going to be hanging out on these forums anyway.

I've thought about contacting Verizon to let them know of my interest, but I can't really find a good place to do so. The last time I did try, I got no response.

I appreciate your efforts, and I know this has nothing to do with you personally, but hearing things like this makes me more and more disgruntled. I'm now looking into AT&T plans. I think I'm now willing to pay my ETF to get out. The Focus and the (hopefully soon-to-be-released) HD7S are looking pretty good these days.

Edit:
    Also, a quick search on Twitter for "verizon WP7" or "verizonwireless WP7" shows that there are people out there who are interested.
    04-20-2011 08:15 PM
    Just do a google search on Verizon Windows Phone 7 and look at any of the comments from any of the 20,000,000 hits. Tons of people waiting and wanting WP7 on Verizon....
    04-20-2011 08:27 PM
    thats a ridiculous thing to say - I've been talking about a vzw wp7 since wp7 was announced 14+ months ago and people keep asking me when ill finally have my hands on it. They're becoming as invested as i am and as disappointed as i become everytime these pseudo-deadlines pass. I'm just sitting here waiting for a 6mth old piece of hardware that vzw is just sitting on to what? make their droid lineup look better? its getting silly at this point - i just want some wp7 action!
    04-20-2011 09:06 PM
    I call that number on the MS promo asking for the release date and the reps usually say a lot of people have been calling for it. I think its a MS number primarily, but I see pretty good results on search engines.

HTC Thunderbolt has 9.6M search results
    HTC Trophy has 8.6M
    HTC Trophy verizon has 1.6M

Windows Phone 7 Verizon has 17.7M results.

People definitely want this phone. Verizon is downplaying the demand.
    04-20-2011 09:59 PM
    Newest rumor is that the HTC Mazaa is the Verizon name for the Trophy. Have all been looking in the wrong direction ... ?
    04-21-2011 12:08 AM
    were that it was just that simple...

maybe if we throw a google sticker on the back, then verizon won't be able to release it fast enough...
    04-21-2011 03:03 AM
    I call that number on the MS promo asking for the release date and the reps usually say a lot of people have been calling for it. I think its a MS number primarily, but I see pretty good results on search engines.

HTC Thunderbolt has 9.6M search results
    HTC Trophy has 8.6M
    HTC Trophy verizon has 1.6M

Windows Phone 7 Verizon has 17.7M results.

People definitely want this phone. Verizon is downplaying the demand.
    Of course the reps who handle the calls from the number on the promotion are going to say that, because those specific calls get routed to them. I'm in general consumer sales, so I get a variety of every interests, from the LG Accolade to the Thunderbolt.

I've been with the company nearly five years and have seen this scene play over and over and over again. There's always a segment of users with a specific interest in a certain phone. And although websites like this are great, they can also be a hindrance too. Phones get leaked or revealed up to a year before they even hit the shelves, information gets leaked, photos get leaked, presumptive dates filter out, and then it's damn Verizon and the reps because they haven't met the dates that the internet speculative websites have announced. I can't tell you how many phones I've seen this happen with. Years of rumors to deal with the iPhone, Storm 2, Tour and Bold, HTC Thunderbolt, Moto Bionic (no, it has not been cancelled), etc. Sooner or later, they get released. I think the thing that continually amazes me, is how upset grown adults get over the release or non release of phones, and how non civil people can be, when the actual company who releases the phone hasn't said a word. And I don't take this promotion for Microsoft as an official statement from Verizon, it was meant to be a private communication to a specific group, not the general public.
    04-21-2011 08:26 AM
    Of course the reps who handle the calls from the number on the promotion are going to say that, because those specific calls get routed to them. I'm in general consumer sales, so I get a variety of every interests, from the LG Accolade to the Thunderbolt.

I've been with the company nearly five years and have seen this scene play over and over and over again. There's always a segment of users with a specific interest in a certain phone. And although websites like this are great, they can also be a hindrance too. Phones get leaked or revealed up to a year before they even hit the shelves, information gets leaked, photos get leaked, presumptive dates filter out, and then it's damn Verizon and the reps because they haven't met the dates that the internet speculative websites have announced. I can't tell you how many phones I've seen this happen with. Years of rumors to deal with the iPhone, Storm 2, Tour and Bold, HTC Thunderbolt, Moto Bionic (no, it has not been cancelled), etc. Sooner or later, they get released. I think the thing that continually amazes me, is how upset grown adults get over the release or non release of phones, and how non civil people can be, when the actual company who releases the phone hasn't said a word. And I don't take this promotion for Microsoft as an official statement from Verizon, it was meant to be a private communication to a specific group, not the general public.

Very well stated. I'm sure you get as frustrated as most of us do. These things become like a child wanting candy; we scream and pitch a fit and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you for a well stated position.
    04-21-2011 09:14 AM
    I don't think anyone here is being uncivil. I just have a hard time believing that there is less interest in this phone than {insert Android of the week here}.

It's nothing against you; again, we appreciate the updates. And if it really sells poorly then I'll eat my words.
    04-21-2011 09:15 AM
    I don't think anyone here is being uncivil.
    I didn't say anyone here was being civil. In my history of product launches, it often does though.
    04-21-2011 09:56 AM
    @wireless vet - Have not been a VZ customer for many years and don't plan on switching anytime soon but this is a general information question. If based on your comments in another thread that this WP7 phone is simply going to show up as available one day without any fanfare, then what's Verizons motivation in being so secretive about the availability of this device leading to wild speculation. I mean if there is no launch or advertising campaign planned, then wouldn't it make sense to provide some information, in an effort to retain customers, even if its one customer. My sense is VZ, not unlike AT&T, couldn't care less about a few hundred vocal customers bolting for a phone they prefer. But they should be reminded that a snowball starts with a single flake. Respect goes both ways. I don't blame any consumer being frustrated over over big corporate disrespect for their needs. The word was that a VZ WP7 phone would be available the first half of 2011. They keep hinting at it with the Microsoft employee updates. Put a page up already with a defined release date and do whatever they have to in order to make that date. ****, they are the biggest mobile provider (for now) in the US. Just do it already and stop playing this cat and mouse game.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-21-2011 10:00 AM
    I think I side with wireless vet here. Verizon hasnt publically announced this phone so it is out of line for us to attack VZ on not living up to info stated in leaked internal documents.

You also can't get mad at their marketing strategy. Its their decision. I wouldn't market the phone before it got released anyway. If they did that, it would be an official announcement and even more people would get frustrated.

Marketing phones is probably really challenging anyway. They advertise the iPhone and the Thunderbolt but obviously these phones are competing against each other and both are VZ. I think the last thing VZ wants is to have people *waiting* for a phone before they sign a new contract (like all of us). I dont blame them, push the phones that are available.

I would love to have a release date. I want this phone as much as anyone in this thread, but its really out of line for people to hold VZ accountable on leaked internal documents.

And, @jimski, I start snowballs with a handful of snow, not a single snowflake ;-)
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-21-2011 10:19 AM
1,015 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD