05-30-2011 07:26 AM
1,015 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    That's a bit of a bummer, not sure why they would go with LCD as opposed to SLCD. Did they talk price at all?
    05-18-2011 04:19 PM
    This is sad news. Was one of the few selling points of the hardware :(
    I love a beautiful, clear, vibrant screen. That, it is not.
    05-18-2011 04:21 PM
    That's a bit of a bummer, not sure why they would go with LCD as opposed to SLCD. Did they talk price at all?
    We asked on price and he said it wasn't set but he figured 199
    05-18-2011 04:24 PM
    Here we go:

HTC rep says May 26 release date.

Rep states the phone just finished its official testing yesterday.

LCD screen.

5 mp camera

16 g memory

No initial support for flash, no mobile hotspot feature. Does support Silverlight.

My thoughts? I am impressed with the OS, it seemed smooth and trouble free. Love the Xbox live capabilities. Like the tiles. But, disappointed it doesn't support Flash. And once you are used to 4G like I am, its hard to be excited about a 3 G phone. I typed this quick so fire away with questions.
    any idea if the storage will be user-accessible?
    05-18-2011 04:24 PM
    With a screwdriver and some patience ;)
    05-18-2011 04:25 PM
    Don't quote me on this: I was playing with the phone when that was asked and I believe the answer was that it was internal
    05-18-2011 04:29 PM
    HTC rep says May 26 release date.
    good to see that there is finally a real date for this. unfortunately, in my case it's too late since I already jumped ship and went with T-Mobile cause I got tired of waiting. For those of you who have kept up the vigil I congratulate you on your patience and wish you much happiness with your imminent new WP7 phone!
    05-18-2011 04:30 PM
    I played around with the HD7 at T-moblie, and I was unimpressed with the screen. So I imagine the Trophy will be no different. Can you confirm the screen on the HD7 Wolf?
    Wireless Vet likes this.
    05-18-2011 04:30 PM
    WV, can you confirm if this will come with the NODO update?
    05-18-2011 04:34 PM
    I've tried not to listen to the spec haters regarding this phone because I was holding out hope for the SLCD. But if it's really not SLCD then I think it's safe to say that this will be the worst WP7 handset out there. Disappointing.

That said, I'll still buy one. It's all about the OS.
    05-18-2011 04:35 PM
    IT HAS TO in order to support CDMA, its been said a million times....YES.
    EJNelly likes this.
    05-18-2011 04:36 PM
    I can not, but I have the HTC reps email and will check on it
    05-18-2011 04:37 PM
    It's all about the OS.
    Exactly. Besides, I'll be transitioning from a Touch Pro 2, so it won't take much to please me.
    05-18-2011 04:39 PM
    I can not, but I have the HTC reps email and will check on it
    Can you ask the rep why they backtracked from the SLCD to the LCD? All this waiting and I have to say, from what you have said, am very very disappointed.
    05-18-2011 04:40 PM
    I've tried not to listen to the spec haters regarding this phone because I was holding out hope for the SLCD. But if it's really not SLCD then I think it's safe to say that this will be the worst WP7 handset out there. Disappointing.

That said, I'll still buy one. It's all about the OS.
    This is not a personal attack, this is not meant to offend; I hope it ends up being everything you all wanted. Overall, I'm not impressed
    05-18-2011 04:41 PM
    Can you ask the rep why they backtracked from the SLCD to the LCD? All this waiting and I have to say, from what you have said, am very very disappointed.
    Sure
    05-18-2011 04:42 PM
    This is not a personal attack, this is not meant to offend; I hope it ends up being everything you all wanted. Overall, I'm not impressed
    You may have been, had it been the samsung focus or omnia 7. It just means Verizon picked a crap phone (yet again) to represent MS on their network. No personal attack here either, just an explanation.

Why I would pay $200 for that phone rather than $50 for the Focus is beyond me at this point. Of course, we have decent coverage by ATT here.
    05-18-2011 04:45 PM
    Does anyone know the next WP7 for the Verizon network?
    05-18-2011 04:46 PM
    Does anyone know the next WP7 for the Verizon network?
    I've heard HTC 7 Pro (aka Sprint Arrive) [http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/h...on-as-htc-pro] and an unnamed Sammy handset. Supposedly also a collaboration between MS, Nokia and Verizon is in the works for the Mango era.
    05-18-2011 04:48 PM
    Wireless vet, is the May 26th date when the phone will be available in stores? If so, will there be a pre-order online tomorrow, similar to the X2 and Xperia Play?
    05-18-2011 04:50 PM
    You may have been, had it been the samsung focus or omnia 7. It just means Verizon picked a crap phone (yet again) to represent MS on their network. No personal attack here either, just an explanation.

Why I would pay $200 for that phone rather than $50 for the Focus is beyond me at this point. Of course, we have decent coverage by ATT here.
    I appreciate the comment.
    05-18-2011 04:52 PM
    Wireless vet, is the May 26th date when the phone will be available in stores? If so, will there be a pre-order online tomorrow, similar to the X2 and Xperia Play?
    i really hope they do something like that, my gut tells me if they don't slip on the 5/26 date though, it will just be announced next tuesday and show up at stores on thurdsday.

i wonder what the off contract price will be...

if the non slcd screen is true though, i might just stick with my focus until gen2 hardware comes to verizon. :\
    05-18-2011 04:53 PM
    HTC has phased out all normal LCD screens and SLCD is now standard on all HTC phones so the only explanation is the one that you were being trained on was an old model. The Trophy Verizon will get will have SLCD. Thanks for the date though.
    05-18-2011 04:53 PM
    That wasn't discussed, and i was busy taking notes for all of you LOL
    05-18-2011 04:54 PM
    I think your right they probably brought an older model just for training purposes
    05-18-2011 04:55 PM
1,015 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD