Called Verizon Today

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
VZW : "If I want your opinion.. I'll give it to you"

LOL

Looks like the original rumor of June (back in February) is just about money ! Need to call to see how much my ETF is...

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm the IT director for an engineering firm with 40+ phones on our account. I have been pestering our business rep for a release date for the past couple of weeks. Today, he finally had some good news.

My message:
I am now hearing a may 19 avilability...any way you can confirm that?

His response:
I think that is correct. I will keep you posted.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I work for Barack Obama. He asked me to take a trip to Pakistan and deal with some dude that was causing problems for him, so I did. Then I went out with Scarlett Johansen to celebrate 'cuz apparently a lot of people made a big deal out of what me and my dudes did. Even though I crashed a helicopter and was sure we would get in trouble for that. They cost a lot of money. The general public doesn't know how much black choppers cost.

If I was going to pretend to be something I'm not, I sure as **** would come up with something more elaborate then being a wireless sales rep.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm the IT director for an engineering firm with 40+ phones on our account. I have been pestering our business rep for a release date for the past couple of weeks. Today, he finally had some good news.

My message:

His response:

Could they actually be intending to release it without any announcement at all? To be honest, all the US carriers apart from at&t dont seem to want WP7 on their network, those that do are doing their darndest to hide the fact they even carry it. MS obviously doesnt have the power to force them to carry their OS so why do carriers bother when they then proceed to sabotage the device's sales on their network?

I say this as a DVP owner (bug ridden but at least there are milliseconds when it works :rolleyes: ) so I'm not concerned if it gets released or not but it seems to me VZW is just giving those who do want a WP7 device the finger and I dont get why a carrier would bother with a device they clearly dont want to get behind.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If I was going to pretend to be something I'm not, I sure as **** would come up with something more elaborate then being a wireless sales rep.

I take it all back.
-Your love for all things droid.
-You call them "Windows 7 Phones"
-Lack of knowledge/apathy for WP7.
-No idea when it will release.

It all proves you work for Verizon. You even spelled it wrong in your own forums.
Windows Phone Discussions - Verizon Wireless Community
http //community.vzw.com/t5/Windows-Phone-Discussions/bd-p/GeneralWindowns
^
Windowns - what are you trying to say, Verizon?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon hasn't pushed the Trophy at all. Heck, they haven't even announced it. Press and media outlets have had the Xperia Plus and there have been commercial about it. So I dont expect many people to be calling in asking about the Trophy outside of enthusiasts and Microsoft employees.

Exactly what I've said multiple times.

Ok, but that is exactly the issue. Say what you will, there is a lot of excitement around this OS that will only increase after the 5/24 Mango event (I sure hope that's not the reason for the delay ...). It's a young platform that's not very popular, but is winning people over left and right. I've witnessed it myself. iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices all get promoted, but this doesn't.

When WP7 finally debuted in October, Sprint even discussed the device they would release the next year. Sure, it didn't have a date but at least they basically said "we'll have one too when MS is ready." And indeed they did.

So now you have a device that you state that you've received no calls about but also acknowledge that your company has done nothing to promote it at all. So, by your own admission, Verizon is creating a situation where general interest in this phone is low.

In addition there are those that are more informed, that are into WP7 and this device, follow tech blogs, etc, basically US. We are interested, but are constantly frustrated by a lack of information and an apparent lack of interest by Verizon Wireless in what we want.

I have a bonus coming that's been delayed. It's the only thing that has kept me from switching over to another provider that has WP7 and is showing true interest in supporting it.

What troubles me (and maybe others) is that you've never empathized with us. Never tried to see things from our point of view. Never fought to keep us. Never let us know even if you've passed our passionate pleas to STAY with Verizon Wireless to those in your company.

Regardless, thanks for the update about the HTC training. Maybe after that you'll start to understand why we want a WP7 device so bad ...

jgrieves

May 12, 2011
Visit site
What troubles me (and maybe others) is that you've never empathized with us. Never tried to see things from our point of view. Never fought to keep us. Never let us know even if you've passed our passionate pleas to STAY with Verizon Wireless to those in your company.

Regardless, thanks for the update about the HTC training. Maybe after that you'll start to understand why we want a WP7 device so bad ...

Well said.

BTW, I'm a MS employee (I work on Windows, not Phone) who preordered and haven't heard anything new today...

I'm extremely stoked about the excitement in these forums for our platform. Thanks everyone for your patience, keep up the enthusiasm. I hope we can keep rocking this platform and meeting all of our expectatinos. I've been forwarding these threads and issues reported by users to my engineering friends in Phone, trust me, we are listening....

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt many people outside of the executive offices know much about the release of the Trophy. It's a bit puzzling that nothing concrete has leaked to this point, especially if we're looking at a 19th/26th release. Wireless Vet obviously isn't a high level exec privy to any more information than most people with a friend at Verizon are. At least he's giving us more information than we have, even if it's creating more pie-in-the-sky hopes. ;)

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well said.

BTW, I'm a MS employee (I work on Windows, not Phone) who preordered and haven't heard anything new today...

I'm extremely stoked about the excitement in these forums for our platform. Thanks everyone for your patience, keep up the enthusiasm. I hope we can keep rocking this platform and meeting all of our expectatinos. I've been forwarding these threads and issues reported by users to my engineering friends in Phone, trust me, we are listening....

A few things I have learned about the offer:

Release is imminent and MS employess will be notifed prior to release... whatever that means.

You will have to sign up for another 2 year contract when you buy the phone which means you won't be eligible for a upgrade until May/June 2013.

Not cool...

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I take it all back.
-Your love for all things droid.
-You call them "Windows 7 Phones"
-Lack of knowledge/apathy for WP7.
-No idea when it will release.

It all proves you work for Verizon. You even spelled it wrong in your own forums.
Windows Phone Discussions - Verizon Wireless Community
http //community.vzw.com/t5/Windows-Phone-Discussions/bd-p/GeneralWindowns
^
Windowns - what are you trying to say, Verizon?

Ahhh, the old jab for a misspelling. Always the sign of a class act.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt many people outside of the executive offices know much about the release of the Trophy. It's a bit puzzling that nothing concrete has leaked to this point, especially if we're looking at a 19th/26th release. Wireless Vet obviously isn't a high level exec privy to any more information than most people with a friend at Verizon are. At least he's giving us more information than we have, even if it's creating more pie-in-the-sky hopes. ;)

That's spot on. While enthusiasts such as yourselves are getting over excited over pre release info, life goes on in the trenches.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Ahhh, the old jab for a misspelling. Always the sign of a class act.

You have a penchant for arguing with the customer, too. Not really good phone skills when dealing with customers.

Of all the valid points others in this forum have come up with, the only one you respond to is my jab. Why don't you respond to those, because I can stay down here at your level all day.

You really aren't winning Verizon points here.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
That's spot on. While enthusiasts such as yourselves are getting over excited over pre release info, life goes on in the trenches.

You claim all kinds of calls for the Xperia Play, but go look at the sister site - Droidcentral.com.

There are very few post about the device. The thread with the most views is questioning if the device will even be any good.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
How is this for Irony....

I emailed a Verizon Wireless rep today regarding the MS offer for the Trophy:

Here is the OOOF message I got back:

"I will be in business meetings most of the day with reduced responsiveness to email but will reply as soon as possible. If this matter is urgent, please call my Windows Phone 7 device at [omitted]. Thank you."

Irony if you ask me...

Hopefully they are all in a pre-release workshop to iron out everything... hahahha

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You have a penchant for arguing with the customer, too. Not really good phone skills when dealing with customers.

Of all the valid points others in this forum have come up with, the only one you respond to is my jab. Why don't you respond to those, because I can stay down here at your level all day.

You really aren't winning Verizon points here.

There's one point to make that I made back at the start of this thread, and that is there has never been an official date released by Verizon Wireless. To this day, there has been no announcement. So you are all getting hard ons over speculatory dates, photos, etc, and that's on you. All of this over a phone.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You claim all kinds of calls for the Xperia Play, but go look at the sister site - Droidcentral.com.

There are very few post about the device. The thread with the most views is questioning if the device will even be any good.

GO look on the Verizon Wireless Boards...

If you search for the term XPERIA you get 30 threads...

If you search for Trophy.. imagine that.. you get 60 threads...

Phone calls are one thing... a post on their own site is another...

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
There's one point to make that I made back at the start of this thread, and that is there has never been an official date released by Verizon Wireless. To this day, there has been no announcement. So you are all getting hard ons over speculatory dates, photos, etc, and that's on you. All of this over a phone.

Sorry but I beg to differ....

"Early 2011"

Go see for yourself... notice the URL...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ash.html?CMP=EMC-WLS-B-S-DIR-1&token=wEJQ7ubo

While I understand that is not an exact date. It is also a lie.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All of this over a phone.

I think you may be in the wrong business.

To come onto a Windows PHONE forum and tell Verizon customers that are getting excited about a VERIZON phone (officially announced or not) that they are stupid for doing so is... well, stupid.

I'm not a Verizon customer, which makes me feel lucky from following this thread, but just from how this whole situation has been handled puts a bad taste in my mouth about Verizon. I'm in no way affiliated with AT&T but I have been with them for 5+ years with absolutely zero problems. If you have decent reception in your area, go for it, and grab a WP7 device from them. ****, just try it out for the 30 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss