05-30-2011 07:26 AM
1,015 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    I think free overnight is still possible when purchasing online. Verizon saves a LOT of money when people purchase online vs. over the phone, so it wouldn't make sense for them to offer an incentive to choose telesales vs the website. See this note that I found on Verizon's website (particularly, the promo code):

Free Overnight Shipping

Enjoy free overnight shipping* when you order online Monday - Friday by 4:30 pm! Some customers may need to select Overnight shipping option in drop down and enter promo code FREEOVERNT at checkout.

Signature will be required upon delivery.

*Free Overnight Shipping is available for purchases placed on VerizonWireless.com within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Orders placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday – Friday excluding holidays will deliver by the next business day. (Orders placed after 4:30 pm local time on Friday and before 4:30 pm local time on Monday will deliver on Tuesday.) Subject to credit authorization, verification and inventory availability.
    densbucs likes this.
    05-25-2011 05:56 PM
    So i've been playing phone lottery for a while and I got turned down a few times.

Two people said that it cannot be ordered until tomorrow. One said that it's not in the system and to try again in a few weeks or months. Another said that I can pick it up in a Verizon store tomorrow.

I wonder if I can pick it up at a Verizon wireless store or affiliate like diamond wireless or Radio Shack.
    05-25-2011 06:05 PM
    I think free overnight is still possible when purchasing online. Verizon saves a LOT of money when people purchase online vs. over the phone, so it wouldn't make sense for them to offer an incentive to choose telesales vs the website. See this note that I found on Verizon's website (particularly, the promo code):

Free Overnight Shipping

Enjoy free overnight shipping* when you order online Monday - Friday by 4:30 pm! Some customers may need to select Overnight shipping option in drop down and enter promo code FREEOVERNT at checkout.

Signature will be required upon delivery.

*Free Overnight Shipping is available for purchases placed on VerizonWireless.com within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Orders placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday Friday excluding holidays will deliver by the next business day. (Orders placed after 4:30 pm local time on Friday and before 4:30 pm local time on Monday will deliver on Tuesday.) Subject to credit authorization, verification and inventory availability.
    Thank you!
    05-25-2011 06:31 PM
    for those who contacted Verizon via phone and successfully got a order, do you happen to have any direct contact information to the sales representative (email phone number/extension etc?) so the rest of us can contact them?
    05-25-2011 06:44 PM
    Got stonewalled. Talked to two reps on the phone, plus called my local store. No success.
    05-25-2011 06:53 PM
    One thing I found interesting about my call to order the phone - the guy acted surprised that the Trophy wasn't listed on the website yet for order. He asked me what phone I wanted and I told him and he said "oh, I know about that one. isn't on the website yet?"
    05-25-2011 07:36 PM
    I have run across some customers accounts who are eligible for a so called "Private Sale", and that's what she is offering you.
    sweet. i just got the "private sale" flyer in the mail today...
    i really hope they do a BOGO for this phone, it always drives prices on CL and ebay down...
    yes yes yes! i am going to be waiting for a couple of weeks, hopefully score it for 0.01 on amazon or something.
    Still no word on an off-contract price?
    A Verizon employee on their forums listed the price as $429.99.

Re: Full Price for HTC Trophy - Verizon Wireless Community
    Read post # 844 by Thed. He confirms that the price is $429.99
    I'm curious about the $429.99 when the screenshot on this wpcentral article clearly shows $409.99...

I called my local Best Buy & Best Buy Mobile stores today, neither of them had it or knew if they were getting it. I have a bunch of gift cards, so that'll be where I get mine, for better or worse.
    05-25-2011 07:37 PM
    I'm curious about the $429.99 when the screenshot on this wpcentral article clearly shows $409.99...
    Yes, I made that post before that article was up. It's $409.99!
    05-25-2011 08:04 PM
    Yep, sorry about that. Silly me for taking something an employee says as fact. I should probably know better by now...
    05-25-2011 08:41 PM
    Called my sales rep, all I got was that I can order it, for $199.99, no overnight shipping unless I pay the extra fee. Mail in rebate instead of instant. I'll wait for it to go live on the website and get the bells and whistles.
    05-25-2011 09:00 PM
    Do we know when the website might go live with the trophy ordering?
    05-25-2011 09:02 PM
    Do we know when the website might go live with the trophy ordering?
    Both reps I talked to, they said 12 am EST
    05-25-2011 09:07 PM
    TOMORROW! Can you smell the new plastic? I love new phone day its always the best day if the week.

Dave
    05-25-2011 09:13 PM
    So excited. I've been dying to get a WP7 device!
    05-25-2011 09:41 PM
    Both reps I talked to, they said 12 am EST
    Cool...I might stay up another hour (its 11pm in Tampa)....Still celebrating the Lightning Win tonight over the Bruins...Game 7 Friday night...
    05-25-2011 09:56 PM
    Any bets on if it's going to be sold out online quickly. I'd like to think yes, just because it would be nice to have Verizon be surprised about the demand.

Is it 12 am EST yet?

How about now?
    05-25-2011 10:27 PM
    This page is semi-live: http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/trophy/

UPDATE: Now more live. The Xbox offer:
    VERIZON FREE Xbox Console Game Offer

This Verizon offer is good only in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
    Customer must purchase a HTC Trophy (MWP6985VW) between May 26, 2011 and July 15, 2011, to qualify.
    For each HTC Trophy device purchased during the offer period, customer may choose one of the following
    Xbox 360 games: Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, and Lode Runner. Limit one game per mobile phone and 8
    games per customer, Verizon voice plan and data package required. These Xbox games cannot be played
    on the phone and require an Xbox 360 console; Kinect Sports also require a Kinect sensor. To redeem this offer, the customer is required to submit the following information to ePrize, LLC through
    www.freexboxgamenow.com: 1) the valid MEID number from the device purchased and activated during the
    offer period (The MEID number can be found on the top side of the HTC Trophy box) AND 2) a completed
    online redemption form.Submissions must be received by ePrize within 30 calendar days from the purchase date shown on the receipt.
    This offer is non-transferable. This offer ends on July 15, 2011 at 23:59 PST and is not redeemable for cash.
    Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any game returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent.
    Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for shipment of your game. Employees of Microsoft are not eligible for this offer.

Update 2
    If you go to freexboxgamenow.com, it says "Offer valid with purchase of an HTC Trophy between May 5, 2011-June 30, 2011." Meaning they WERE planning on launching it on the 5th as was rumored.

Update 3
    The "Buy Now" link isn't live, 24 minutes before midnight Eastern. The video demos are generic, not Trophy-specific, don't show the My Verizon app.
    Last edited by mango.lover; 05-25-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    05-25-2011 10:29 PM
    05-25-2011 10:34 PM
    [QUOTE=webdev511;1548980]Any bets on if it's going to be sold out online quickly. I'd like to think yes, just because it would be nice to have Verizon be surprised about the demand.

Nothing i would want more than for this to happen....Well maybe if i ALREADY had the Trophy...
    05-25-2011 10:35 PM
    05-25-2011 10:56 PM
    Buy now link is active.

Set Your Location
    Not for me it isn't...

...okay, looks like it's region-specific. I put in New York, and it showed me it.

They are offering FREE Overnight shipping. Yay! :-D
    05-25-2011 10:58 PM
    Oh, is for me. :p

I'm in California and it shows up. 8:59 in the screenshot and I put in my real zip code.
    Last edited by EJNelly; 05-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    05-25-2011 11:00 PM
    Listed at $429.99 on the site :P

Edit: and it officially says TFT for the screen :(
    05-25-2011 11:03 PM
    So I'm guessing "Online Discount" makes up for the mail-in rebate?

Edit: It doesn't offer me free overnight shipping when I log in to my account :-/ Only for new customers it appears.
    05-25-2011 11:06 PM
    Order Placed, Free Overnight Shipping, so should have it on Friday. /happy dance
    05-25-2011 11:10 PM
1,015 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD