05-30-2011 07:26 AM
1,015 ... 45678 ...
tools
    he's a salesperson as far as i can tell.
    04-29-2011 05:16 PM
    So far as I can tell he's alright by me hopefully he'll have some good news for us.
    04-29-2011 05:47 PM
    My friend who is a manager at vzw confirmed training is being pushed out and a release is very soon. He'll give me a specific date when he knows one or I pester him enough for more details :p

His text reply to me:
    "Windows trainings were pushed to employees today yea... soon to be true...."
    04-30-2011 12:48 AM
    WV, have you been contacted for training yet?

Nope, not a peep. The only training we have had is on the Blackberry Playbook and the Samsung Charge
    04-30-2011 05:30 AM
    I thought WV was a reseller\vendor... not a Verizon Employee?
    Where did people come up with this idea? I've never said any such thing?
    04-30-2011 05:32 AM
    My friend who is a manager at vzw confirmed training is being pushed out and a release is very soon. He'll give me a specific date when he knows one or I pester him enough for more details :p

His text reply to me:
    "Windows trainings were pushed to employees today yea... soon to be true...."

I'll be a work in a couple of hours, I'll let you all know if anything has shown up in my training data base
    malachijd likes this.
    04-30-2011 05:33 AM
    Training is loaded!
    thed, aximtreo and malachijd like this.
    04-30-2011 10:34 AM
    Training is loaded!

;)I know you have to be happy this journey is coming to a close. Maybe we won't bother you so much in the future.

:blush:by the way, when is the next WP7 Phone coming to Verizon? hehehehe
    04-30-2011 11:48 AM
    ;)I know you have to be happy this journey is coming to a close. Maybe we won't bother you so much in the future.

:blush:by the way, when is the next WP7 Phone coming to Verizon? hehehehe
    No one is bothering me, happy to help! I came here to offer and gather info at the same time
    04-30-2011 11:55 AM
    Wireless Vet you are my hero right now.
    04-30-2011 01:03 PM
    Training is loaded!
    Thanks. As you can imagine, for ones like me the timing of this looks to be baby bear.

I don't know if you know or can even answer anything about this, but does it seem likely to come next week or the week after? I've read May 12th at the usual spots, but wasn't convinced by the evidence presented. Thanks!
    04-30-2011 02:24 PM
    Yeah the 12th just seemed to pop up out of nowhere and no one showed physical evidence or leaked doc. to show any date. But I can't help hoping to it's true
    04-30-2011 02:33 PM
    ok wireless vet next question which phone are you trainning for :)
    04-30-2011 03:56 PM
    I'm guessing that it's the Trophy, but I could be wrong.
    04-30-2011 04:02 PM
    yea, my money (if they're training for a specific phone at all) is the trophy as that's the only one that's been in testing and has cleared the FCC...

but how sick would it be if we get a hd7s variant out of the blue? :p
    04-30-2011 05:30 PM
    04-30-2011 08:49 PM
    I've heard about verizon getting the the HTC Pro so I'm one of those guys who can hope for everything and yeah I'd love some HD7
    05-01-2011 12:04 AM
    i could do without the htc 7pro personally (however, more devices and choices are good for the platform, so the more the merrier) but i would pee my pants for an hd7s (slcd or nothing if we're dreaming of devices :p)

i'm really really hoping for some kind of announcement on tuesday though.
    05-01-2011 04:08 AM
    i could do without the htc 7pro personally (however, more devices and choices are good for the platform, so the more the merrier) but i would pee my pants for an hd7s (slcd or nothing if we're dreaming of devices :p)

i'm really really hoping for some kind of announcement on tuesday though.
    I am actually testing out an HD7 right now and the choice is really coming down to the phone as the service is basically a wash for me.

I am most likely going to go with the trophy because the buttons on the hd7 are just a pain to use. They are so countersunk into the chassis to keep the design sleek, that its hard to press them accurately. The camera button I find almost impossble to click w/out moving the phone some.

The screen is pretty nice, but its also quite large...its difficult to use it with one hand. I think the 3.8" screen with a better DPI will work better overall. I will miss the 4.3 on rare occasions when I stream HD video though :( I think the trophy will serve me better as a phone until some Microkia goodness comes out :)
    05-01-2011 12:37 PM
    I had a busy day yesterday so all I did was click in to it to verify this for you folks, but it wasn't about one specific phone, it was about Windows 7 OS in general. I'll let you know more tomorrow.
    05-01-2011 02:04 PM
    I am actually testing out an HD7 right now and the choice is really coming down to the phone as the service is basically a wash for me.

I am most likely going to go with the trophy because the buttons on the hd7 are just a pain to use. They are so countersunk into the chassis to keep the design sleek, that its hard to press them accurately. The camera button I find almost impossble to click w/out moving the phone some.

The screen is pretty nice, but its also quite large...its difficult to use it with one hand. I think the 3.8" screen with a better DPI will work better overall. I will miss the 4.3 on rare occasions when I stream HD video though :( I think the trophy will serve me better as a phone until some Microkia goodness comes out :)
    i feel like i'd be the same way, i loved my Droidx when i had it, but in the long run, it was a little too big of a screen, i still feel like 4" is the sweet spot though, but i can def live with 3.8" for 6 or 9 months until nokia comes out with phones based on those sweet renders they've shown.
    05-01-2011 02:04 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking 3.8" is a great size to. Every time I read anything about the trophy they knock it saying there's nothing special about it. But hey wp7 is great enough even plain phones are leaps above the rest.
    05-01-2011 04:20 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking 3.8" is a great size to. Every time I read anything about the trophy they knock it saying there's nothing special about it. But hey wp7 is great enough even plain phones are leaps above the rest.
    Same as a Surround, but a little thinner without the speaker and I think a better screen. My 3.8" is just right for me. Very usable.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-01-2011 10:33 PM
    I've heard the trophy is sporting a slcd screen so I'm very happy about that.
    05-01-2011 10:45 PM
    Yeah, I heard its SLCD and 16GB too.
    05-01-2011 11:41 PM
1,015 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD