05-30-2011 08:26 AM
1,015 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I call that number on the MS promo asking for the release date and the reps usually say a lot of people have been calling for it. I think its a MS number primarily, but I see pretty good results on search engines.

HTC Thunderbolt has 9.6M search results
    HTC Trophy has 8.6M
    HTC Trophy verizon has 1.6M

Windows Phone 7 Verizon has 17.7M results.

People definitely want this phone. Verizon is downplaying the demand.
    I feel I should come clean and confess...

Of the "Windows Phone 7 Verizon" results, about .5M of them are mine:D
    05-04-2011 03:56 AM

I think another half a mil are mine.
    05-04-2011 06:13 AM
    Well I guess it's just my luck that verizon would still find a way to screw me. I just found a site claiming to have found out that the 12th will be our "magical" day. But hey if it's true at least we'll have it. Oh here's the source... Possible New Release Dates for the DROIDX2, LG Revolution and Xperia Play on Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    if the 3/12 date hold up to be true droid-life will finally have been useful for providing some kind of news that everyone didn't already know about. ;)

that date (so far) does seem to make the most sense, and is 100% fine by me!
    05-04-2011 07:20 AM
    Pocket Now is saying 5/12 as a launch day.
    05-04-2011 07:41 AM
    Well I guess it's just my luck that verizon would still find a way to screw me. I just found a site claiming to have found out that the 12th will be our "magical" day. But hey if it's true at least we'll have it. Oh here's the source... Possible New Release Dates for the DROIDX2, LG Revolution and Xperia Play on Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Interesting article. We haven't had any training on the new LG, Droid X2 or the Xperia. I also found it interesting that the article stated the Windows phone may be limited in quantities
    05-04-2011 07:42 AM
    I also found it interesting that the article stated the Windows phone may be limited in quantities
    As did I.

In all of this mess not once did I think of the possibilities of a limited release. I seriously hope that isn't the case. Nevertheless, I have money stashed away so I'm ready to pounce on this as soon as it's available!
    05-04-2011 08:48 AM
    I think another half a mil are mine.

Hahahaa, awesome.

Interesting article. We haven't had any training on the new LG, Droid X2 or the Xperia. I also found it interesting that the article stated the Windows phone may be limited in quantities
    WV, have you ever seen any other VZ phones that have had this "limited quantities" situation?
    05-04-2011 09:37 AM
    Hahahaa, awesome.

WV, have you ever seen any other VZ phones that have had this "limited quantities" situation?

The Droid R2D2 was supposed to be limited quantity, but it is hard to gauge, because no one showed interest in it.

I'll say this, and I'm not saying it to offend, just being honest. The last series of Windows phones we had by HTC, Samsung, Palm, etc, sat on our shelves. Compared to all the other available operating systems, Windows made up a very small percentage of our smartphone sales. I can totally believe the statement about limited quantities, because of the lack of demand for Windows phones over the past few years.
    05-04-2011 10:42 AM
    Yeah, I see where youre coming from but I dont think WinMo 6.5 should be brought into comparison. Like I said earlier, its like doubting the iPhone because the Apple Newton wasn't special. This is a completely new platform.

I hope there's enough sales to convince VZ to support the platform.
    05-04-2011 11:07 AM
    Yeah, I see where youre coming from but I dont think WinMo 6.5 should be brought into comparison. Like I said earlier, its like doubting the iPhone because the Apple Newton wasn't special. This is a completely new platform.

I hope there's enough sales to convince VZ to support the platform.
    Not to brag, but us people who have been on contract due to "the phone that didn't exist" (according to VZW) have a copy reserved... Thats about the only thing I am thankful for... in addition to my contract already being 5 months old... only 1.6 years left until I can get a Microkia phone...

I doubt they will be in short supply. The Focus, for example, was expected to be in short supply as well. MS employees were unable to buy it initially, to make more available for the general public. I never heard of any problems with people being able to order or buy that one, though...
    05-04-2011 11:20 AM
    I'm all for buying the phone the moment I see it
    05-04-2011 01:15 PM
    I'll camp out on the 11th!
    05-04-2011 01:34 PM
    I really just hope VZ is good about pushing updates. I dont want to have the Trophy and have to wait months for Mango.
    05-04-2011 01:34 PM
    i'm hoping updates will be faster than BB and Android since verizon doesn't have the ability to load them up with all the crapware and then have to test the new build for all of that.

apple's updates to the iphone (even though they are not at parity with the gsm versions) seem to come pretty fast, so hopefully wp7's work similarly.

also, if we unlock or debrand the device, can't we get updates straight from msft then?
    05-04-2011 02:40 PM
    I'm thinking updates will go a lot better with mango. Microsoft is just figuring out how to get updates out for wp7 but I guess it'll be wp7.5 but still I think it'll be smoother
    05-04-2011 03:45 PM
    Not to brag, but us people who have been on contract due to "the phone that didn't exist" (according to VZW) have a copy reserved... Thats about the only thing I am thankful for... in addition to my contract already being 5 months old... only 1.6 years left until I can get a Microkia phone....
    You figure Verizon will carry a Microkia phone ?

LOL

Didnt the CTO say they dont need WP7/Microkia ?

I have absolutely NO faith in anything Verizon .. NONE.

Hope I'm wrong.. but.. well.. history seems to be a good guidance.. :)
    05-04-2011 04:13 PM
    well here's some hope we don't have to wait till winter.

VZW - Your Guide

it's now spring-summer so.....here's hoping soon is well...soon
    05-04-2011 04:35 PM
    This was posted several days ago (http://www.windowscentral.com/verizo...artphone-guide). Did they change it? Was it listed as something else?
    05-04-2011 05:00 PM
    You figure Verizon will carry a Microkia phone ?

LOL

Didnt the CTO say they dont need WP7/Microkia ?

I have absolutely NO faith in anything Verizon .. NONE.

Hope I'm wrong.. but.. well.. history seems to be a good guidance.. :)
    Your assuming I will be staying with VZW after the contract... fair to say that this is not a good assumption. VZW will have to win me back (somehow... its looking a little bleak, though) if they think my wife and I will be re-upping after this debacle...
    05-04-2011 05:11 PM
    This was posted several days ago (Verizon Trophy shows up in their online smartphone guide | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews). Did they change it? Was it listed as something else?
    It should also be noted that on the VZW website, a new OS was added within the device search tool in the last week or so... "Windows 7"

It is grayed out as of now. Interesting to see if a tablet or a phone goes into that selection. I suspect a phone, but would be interesting if Verizon released a new tablet with windows 7 soon...
    05-04-2011 05:17 PM
    It should also be noted that on the VZW website, a new OS was added within the device search tool in the last week or so... "Windows 7"

It is grayed out as of now. Interesting to see if a tablet or a phone goes into that selection. I suspect a phone, but would be interesting if Verizon released a new tablet with windows 7 soon...
    This selection is not new, and notice its not Windows Phone 7. They have had Windows 7 based netbooks for some time now. Not sure if they still do.

Verizon is never fast with anything, especially updates. I don't expect them to be any different with this phone, especially given how slow the release has been. They can load it up with 'crapware' btw, you just have the option to uninstall it now :)
    05-04-2011 07:17 PM
    while verizon has stated (or rather the ceo and his odd walt disney mustache has stated) that they don't need msft/nokia, the company will go with whatever makes them money in the end. if the projections for the platform hold up over the next year, you can bet verizon will want a piece of the pie, there's only so many idiots you can lure into still buying a blackberry after all. ;)

nokia has stated they would like to build a verizon handset, so that makes me think they will carry it if nokia makes it.

i am pretty sure we'll be the last in line for updates across the wp7 group of devices, but the way msft has setup the updates, they won't be able to just not update it, so that's something at least.

as for now, i just want the fraking phone, updates i will complain about later! :P
    05-04-2011 08:28 PM
    This was posted several days ago (Verizon Trophy shows up in their online smartphone guide | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews). Did they change it? Was it listed as something else?
    the season for the brochure/page thing has changed from being winter phones to spring/summer.

in all likeliness barring anything major happening, i'm pretty confident in a 5/12 release.
    05-04-2011 08:31 PM
    Yeah I was just saying the season changed. Doesn't mean they did anything else cause the droid incredible 2 is already out and on that guide it says coming soon so maybe the trophy is already out and we just don't know about
    05-05-2011 12:31 AM
    Well, let's hope it's Spring and not Summer, right!
    05-05-2011 06:08 AM
1,015 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD