Called Verizon Today

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I called the VZ number printed on the MS promo. Its a special number to deal with these MS employees. I talked with the lady about the Trophy and she really had no idea. I told her there were rumors that it was going to come out next week and that I really wish there were more details. She put me on hold and later came back and told me that no HTC phones will be released next week. She says they find out about phones 1-2 weeks in advance.

Technically we're still in that window. I'm hoping that Eric says something at MIX11 and gives an actual release date.

Please Verizon/HTC/Microsoft, make this happen.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No Trophy next week? Seriously, wtf.

Thanks for trying, at least now we won't get our hopes up.

We're getting old here, Verizon.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't assume its not next Friday yet. The lady didnt sound like she knew much but she did ask around a bit. Dont give up yet guys, hang in there.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the effort! Well, it looks more and more like that rumored June release we heard back in Dec, might happen. Jeez, this is truly agonizing now.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
hopefully since it's a pre-launch offer it doesn't mean we have to wait till may 5th. I just might have to jump ship if that's the case. I really don't want to cause where I live verizon has the best coverage....but they're being so slow on this I don't know if I can wait any longer

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
FYI it seems Verizon just updated their offer on that promo to last through May 5.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ash.html?CMP=EMC-WLS-B-S-DIR-1&token=wEJQ7ubo

WOW thed, good catch. Ugh, but what does that mean?
I have given up on this offer date as an indication of release. When you think about it, it doesn't mean anything other than an expiration date of an offer. On the other hand, the fact that they keep extending this date, has to account for something. Could it be they aren't filling out the orders? Perhaps Verizon is making sure the phones are intact and fully operational with the new NODO update. Who knows? At this point, I'm done. I won't leave Verizon as I have an excellent employee discount running, but I'm done stressing over it. One thing is for sure, the longer they wait to release this phone, the closer I get to holding out for the Nokia WP7.5!!!!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Up yours VZW !

POS company.

YOU SUCK !

Oh.. and you can bet that date has EVERYTHING to do with when the phone will launch.. the offer is PRE-LAUNCH which means it will expire BEFORE launch.. at least thats the way I read it.

So..now I'm guessing the launch date is May 12 or 13th...

I can assure you .. the FIRST way shape or form I can get away from VZW.. I'm OUTTA THERE !

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel like each time I see a leaked date it gives me hope to hold on a little longer but as the date gets closer they push back the date causing me to lose hope but then another date gets leaked and I have hope again just to get crushed all over again. Man this sucks

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I feel like each time I see a leaked date it gives me hope to hold on a little longer but as the date gets closer they push back the date causing me to lose hope but then another date gets leaked and I have hope again just to get crushed all over again. Man this sucks

Wouldn't it be funny if they kept doing this all the way to June, just so we can get the phone with a tiered data plan. Haha haha ha.. NOT FUNNY!

In all seriousness, I hope that doesn't happen, and if it does, well, I may just get a really good android phone that is available at the time.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would chime in here........

I'm a midwest area corporate VZW rep. I spend a lot of time on all the usual blogs and have been amazed at all the talk of a Windows phone. Amazed because....

We just got a list of new products coming out over the next month and no sign of any kind of Windows product at all.

There has been absolutely no discussion at our regional headquarters about any kind of Windows phone. I couldn't be more honest.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it's on it's way, after all we have seen the phone in the wild. Nevertheless, I think at this point I'm just going to wait until the Fall when WP7.5 and Nokia is released. Screw the Trophy.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be....but it's rare that there has been no training available to us or any kind of early product info. We have someone dedicated to new product releases at our regional headquarters building and there's been no info at all. A lot of times company reps visit us before a launch and nothing of that sort either.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
WV, has there ever been a time when you guys would recieve training before an official launch date of products has been announced?

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
WV, As a Verizon employee, what do you tell guys like me and others on this thread? I'm out of contract and have been since February. I have a family plan with 4 lines and 2 of the lines aren't under contract. I'm sitting here waiting for a phone that VZ said would be "Q1" and yet there's no sign of it showing up soon.

This is going to come back to bite me in the *** because if I wait until May/June to get the Trophy, I'd have to wait another 20-24 months after that for my next upgrade. This is bull because if I switch to Sprint (or AT&T) right now, I would be able to get my next upgrade sooner because the contract would start today.

Every day I wait for the Trophy is just pushing back my next upgrade.

I've been a loyal VZ customer for 5 years but I've never seen such a messed up product launch. I wish I could start my 2 year agreement now, or better yet, quarter 1 of 2011 as promised.

pardizzone

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
swantonsoup.... I'm in the exact same situation. My contract was up in Aug 2010 along with others in my family plan (3 of the 4 lines are out of contract) and I have been waiting for them to release something since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb