Called Verizon Today

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You know I really don't care that the trophy isn't the biggest wp7 or the best screen or that it'll be out for awhile in europe or that nokia will be making wp7 phones soon I just want a wp7 phone. I had one for about a week on sprint because my fiancee's uncle let me check it out and it had no problems. NONE. That is what I want in a smartphone more then anything. So I say bring on the Trophy I'll buy it in a heartbeat once it comes out.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Well for my sake wireless vet I hope your contact is wrong ;)

I say for Verizon's sake. If I could get a FIRM early-mid May date (ala May 5th, 12th or 19th), I will be able to wait. If it's still in the air after next week, I'm going to be forced to make a move. So here's to hoping we hear an announcement next Tuesday. I sure would like to say with Big Red.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The next big milestone date is definitely May 5th. We should know exactly when its coming out by the end of the day that day. If not, then I think we'll have issues.

The best buy appearance is a huge positive sign. It has to be near release if retailers are getting word.

I've already waited this long, I'm committed. I just pray its in May instead of June.

pardizzone

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've already waited this long, I'm committed. I just pray its in May instead of June.

Same here... I have 3 of 4 lines going month to month. The 4th line is my son's Droid that he got in late 2010 and i think he is now regretting. If it doesn't happen soon I may have to move the 3 to another carrier and leave the 4th on VZW until his contract is up.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have 1 line going month to month and 2 others getting upgrades in june. I am not switching carriers cause vzw is the best around where I live and almost all my family and my fiancee's family are on vzw. So I just want something with a 7 in it and I'm not talking about the BB os 7 coming soon.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My Parents just switched from Verizon to AT&T because of no WP7(They are in their 70's). Lack of ANY information from Verizon has cost them 6 subscribers in my family. Not that they care, but I doubt they will ever get any of us back.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If there was just something you Verizon people could do in stead of waiting for the Trophy to "Arrive" < Hint

IJS...lol... ;)

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
My Parents just switched from Verizon to AT&T because of no WP7(They are in their 70's). Lack of ANY information from Verizon has cost them 6 subscribers in my family. Not that they care, but I doubt they will ever get any of us back.

As I said before, rarely, if ever, do carriers release specific release dates until shortly before the phone is released. I see these same comments on every forum regarding every OS available.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
As I said before, rarely, if ever, do carriers release specific release dates until shortly before the phone is released. I see these same comments on every forum regarding every OS available.

Regardless - They just lost 6 subscriptions for a minimum of 2 years. A simple statement of support and a date when they are going to release a product is not too much to ask for. They certainly gave guidence around the iPhone.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
WV.. you mean Verizon rarely announces anything until shortly before the phone is released.. other carriers.. well..

HTC HD7S* - AT&T BusinessDirect? | Premier Business Center

They at least give folks a heads up...

So.. if my contract was close at AT&T.. I might just wait a bit to get the HD7s ...

;)

Just say'n..

That's just it, though. Verizon obviously doesn't want you to wait. They want you to settle for what they have now. To them, this would be counter productive, even though to us real world customers it would cause us to wait a bit for an upcoming phone and stay with the carrier.

I have 2 weeks until ...

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you there I decided to do something more proactive and e-mail verizon and this was part of what I got back from them

"Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our website"

That wasn't what I was looking for so i'm not a happy techie right now. Guess I'll go back to what I was doing before..........zzzzz...........

pardizzone

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
"Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our website"

I got a phone call today from VZW and actually answered it this time (I usually let it go to voicemail). I'm on month to month since last August and they constantly call trying to get me to commit. When I asked the rep about the new Windows Phone she said "oh you mean the iPhone 5?" (how she got Apple iPhone 5 from Windows Phone 7 is beyond me). I repeated I want the new WP7 that was in the MS promo on the website blah blah and she stated almost word for word what was in your email trying to get me to look at another phone. I told her if something isn't released soon I was jumping ship to another carrier for 3 of my 4 lines.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
POCKETNOW.com just posted :
QUOTE:
"Lastly, we've heard from a tipster that Verizon's been distributing the May round of brochures to its retail locations, and they make all indications that the HTC Trophy is already available for sale. Could the phone's release finally be coming in the next few days? It's looking increasingly likely. "

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
POCKETNOW.com just posted :
QUOTE:
"Lastly, we've heard from a tipster that Verizon's been distributing the May round of brochures to its retail locations, and they make all indications that the HTC Trophy is already available for sale. Could the phone's release finally be coming in the next few days? It's looking increasingly likely. "

STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS! ;)

i don't know if my heart can take another roller coaster ride of hope followed by the loopdy-loop of dissapointment! :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss