Called Verizon Today

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've heard about verizon getting the the HTC Pro so I'm one of those guys who can hope for everything and yeah I'd love some HD7

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i could do without the htc 7pro personally (however, more devices and choices are good for the platform, so the more the merrier) but i would pee my pants for an hd7s (slcd or nothing if we're dreaming of devices :p)

i'm really really hoping for some kind of announcement on tuesday though.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i could do without the htc 7pro personally (however, more devices and choices are good for the platform, so the more the merrier) but i would pee my pants for an hd7s (slcd or nothing if we're dreaming of devices :p)

i'm really really hoping for some kind of announcement on tuesday though.

I am actually testing out an HD7 right now and the choice is really coming down to the phone as the service is basically a wash for me.

I am most likely going to go with the trophy because the buttons on the hd7 are just a pain to use. They are so countersunk into the chassis to keep the design sleek, that its hard to press them accurately. The camera button I find almost impossble to click w/out moving the phone some.

The screen is pretty nice, but its also quite large...its difficult to use it with one hand. I think the 3.8" screen with a better DPI will work better overall. I will miss the 4.3 on rare occasions when I stream HD video though :( I think the trophy will serve me better as a phone until some Microkia goodness comes out :)

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am actually testing out an HD7 right now and the choice is really coming down to the phone as the service is basically a wash for me.

I am most likely going to go with the trophy because the buttons on the hd7 are just a pain to use. They are so countersunk into the chassis to keep the design sleek, that its hard to press them accurately. The camera button I find almost impossble to click w/out moving the phone some.

The screen is pretty nice, but its also quite large...its difficult to use it with one hand. I think the 3.8" screen with a better DPI will work better overall. I will miss the 4.3 on rare occasions when I stream HD video though :( I think the trophy will serve me better as a phone until some Microkia goodness comes out :)

i feel like i'd be the same way, i loved my Droidx when i had it, but in the long run, it was a little too big of a screen, i still feel like 4" is the sweet spot though, but i can def live with 3.8" for 6 or 9 months until nokia comes out with phones based on those sweet renders they've shown.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking 3.8" is a great size to. Every time I read anything about the trophy they knock it saying there's nothing special about it. But hey wp7 is great enough even plain phones are leaps above the rest.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking 3.8" is a great size to. Every time I read anything about the trophy they knock it saying there's nothing special about it. But hey wp7 is great enough even plain phones are leaps above the rest.

Same as a Surround, but a little thinner without the speaker and I think a better screen. My 3.8" is just right for me. Very usable.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
and a global phone on top of all that. the only real issue people seem to have in the reviews of the european model is that the camera isn't amazing.

but being htc, i'm not expecting a samsung/apple level of camera quality, if it's better than motorola's crappy cameras i'll be satisfied.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
and a global phone on top of all that. the only real issue people seem to have in the reviews of the european model is that the camera isn't amazing.

but being htc, i'm not expecting a samsung/apple level of camera quality, if it's better than motorola's crappy cameras i'll be satisfied.

As I understand, it is not a global phone. I believe it is only dual band, having US frequencies, not European. I cannot believe the stupidity of HTC. First the Arrive failure, now this.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
yea, verizon's touted this as a global phone since the first of the msft employee flyers that were leaked.

it won't have US GSM 3G frequencies most likely, but that's been par for the course for all verizon global devices.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
YEah! SOrry!
THED posted the correct link... WinRumors....

in 2 weeks they will push a little more... until June 30th (to meet the First Half of 2011)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923