Called Verizon Today

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Without anything concrete about even THAT date, I most likely won't be in a position to wait. I have unique circumstances and have to get something in the first couple of weeks unless the 19th can be confirmed. I will likely have to get a Focus off of ebay and go with ... AT&T. : |

Such a shame ...

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my soul hurts a little bit more everytime I see a date and then it gets pushed back. But I guess that's the price you pay when you sell your soul

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
MS Offer not panning out so far...

Just to give everyone more info(or lack there-of), us who are involved in the MS offer and have reserved the phone have still not heard anything about ordering it. The offer ends on Thursday though, so hopefully we will here on Thursday/Friday that we can order it.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
just to make sure, no one has seen a new flier with a later date floating around the interwebs right?

if not, it gives me hope for next week... :\

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble here, but the last time the flier date changed, it changed very late on the current date listed. The fact that it hasn't changed again doesn't necessarily mean anything until Sat :)

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble here, but the last time the flier date changed, it changed very late on the current date listed. The fact that it hasn't changed again doesn't necessarily mean anything until Sat :)

I believe it changed a week ahead of the date listed in the offer. We are within that time frame now, so that has to be a good thing...

I heard from the contact on the flier (I emailed him) that they were deciding if they were going to send out a SMS prior to the announcement of when we would be able to order it. Have not seen a SMS, so either they disapproved the idea or maybe it wasn;t worth it because it will be Thu or Fri? I couldn;t imagine them not saying anything to the MS people and have the offer run out as well... but then again, it is Verizon...

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
why saturday? isn't the date on the flier the 5th? which is thursday?

being that there was no press release today, i'm kind of shifting my hopes into a 3/12 general release giving the preorders until this week to end, and then general availability to be the following week.

don't let me down big red, this is turning into an unhealthy relationship full of abuse! :p

i am however placing a lot of faith into a may release at any point, as my contacts at verizon have consistently (since last week) said very soon, which leads me to believe that it will be this month, be it the 5th,12th, or 19th, if i can get it in may i'll be very happy.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to an employee at a Verizon store that said she has played with the Verizon Windows Phone but she would not say more than that except that she thought it was coming out this month.

I know it is not much but if you guys are like me you will take any positive sign :)

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I stopped at a Verizon store today trying to get info on a release date. Showing them the latest guide with the Trophy "coming soon", the 1st rep I spoke with said he knew nothing. I stopped at a different store (authorized Verizon retailer store) with the same guide and that rep went to his computer to see if he could find anything. After a couple minutes of reviewing info, he told me the Trophy release date is May 12.

I may stop by some other stores and see if I can get the same answer from them.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
3/12 seems like the most logical date that is in line with the information that is out right now.

my contact is going to check for any more info when he goes back to work later in the week.

i would still pee my pants for a next week release, just less so than if it came out on thursday :p

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
man I'd love it if it came out this week I get paid on thursday and the 5th or 19th is payday for me so either those days would work for me.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
In all fairness...

I call that number on the MS promo asking for the release date and the reps usually say a lot of people have been calling for it. I think its a MS number primarily, but I see pretty good results on search engines.

HTC Thunderbolt has 9.6M search results
HTC Trophy has 8.6M
HTC Trophy verizon has 1.6M

Windows Phone 7 Verizon has 17.7M results.

People definitely want this phone. Verizon is downplaying the demand.

I feel I should come clean and confess...

Of the "Windows Phone 7 Verizon" results, about .5M of them are mine:D

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess it's just my luck that verizon would still find a way to screw me. I just found a site claiming to have found out that the 12th will be our "magical" day. But hey if it's true at least we'll have it. Oh here's the source... Possible New Release Dates for the DROIDX2, LG Revolution and Xperia Play on Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

if the 3/12 date hold up to be true droid-life will finally have been useful for providing some kind of news that everyone didn't already know about. ;)

that date (so far) does seem to make the most sense, and is 100% fine by me!

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess it's just my luck that verizon would still find a way to screw me. I just found a site claiming to have found out that the 12th will be our "magical" day. But hey if it's true at least we'll have it. Oh here's the source... Possible New Release Dates for the DROIDX2, LG Revolution and Xperia Play on Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Interesting article. We haven't had any training on the new LG, Droid X2 or the Xperia. I also found it interesting that the article stated the Windows phone may be limited in quantities

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo