Called Verizon Today

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
To answer some of your points: out of all the phones Verizon carries, very very few have any kind of elaborate intro to the public. Just like someone else mentioned, this phone will just show up with little to no fanfare. It's no diss towards Windows or its users/followers, its simply how our business is conducted. As I said much earlier in this thread, the phone and gadget websites blow phone releases in to something they are not. As far as reps not knowing about it, I'm one of less than 5 people in a building full of over 200 people that know anything about this phone. We have had Windows 7 training, but it wasnt model specific.When its a low key phone launch, there is very little info passed on to the reps. So the reps and managers aren't stupid, they truly don't know.

i think all most of us want is a press release that just states when the phone will go on sale, which they seem to have done for most devices.

i agree that store reps and even managers are usually not a good source of information, especially for devices and features that aren't part of the focus of verizon's marketing at the moment (read, anything that isn't android) but for the average consumer, it's the only point of contact we have. :(

one more day!!

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
To answer some of your points: out of all the phones Verizon carries, very very few have any kind of elaborate intro to the public. Just like someone else mentioned, this phone will just show up with little to no fanfare. It's no diss towards Windows or its users/followers, its simply how our business is conducted. As I said much earlier in this thread, the phone and gadget websites blow phone releases in to something they are not. As far as reps not knowing about it, I'm one of less than 5 people in a building full of over 200 people that know anything about this phone. We have had Windows 7 training, but it wasnt model specific.When its a low key phone launch, there is very little info passed on to the reps. So the reps and managers aren't stupid, they truly don't know.

I remember when the KIN Was released by verizon and they had tons of press, they even had a launch party, in fact the verizon store at the mall in marlborough mass just removed the sign that they had for the KIN at christmas time, which the kin was no longer beeing sold ..

and you see motorolla droid and xoom stuff all the time advertising for them ?
I'm not asking for banners I just think being silent means something ...

I understand you point, its just hard for me to buy knowing that sprints CDMA has been out for what ? 2 months ? verizon is a much more powerfull company than Sprint, they could of had their WP7 out before Sprint.. I just don't have a very good feeling about what is going on..

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think we all need to just take a breather. Chill out for a couple of days, and wait for Thursday. If nothing is said by Thursday, then, by all means, FREAK OUT!

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the KIN Was released by verizon and they had tons of press, they even had a launch party, in fact the verizon store at the mall in marlborough mass just removed the sign that they had for the KIN at christmas time, which the kin was no longer beeing sold ..

and you see motorolla droid and xoom stuff all the time advertising for them ?
I'm not asking for banners I just think being silent means something ...

I understand you point, its just hard for me to buy knowing that sprints CDMA has been out for what ? 2 months ? verizon is a much more powerfull company than Sprint, they could of had their WP7 out before Sprint.. I just don't have a very good feeling about what is going on..

All the Blackberry fanatics wanted the same thing when the Storm 2 was about to be released and it never came.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon only has launches for what their marketing considers a high profile device, which at the moment Windows phone isn't for them. If the platform continues o grow as projected and a nokia flagship device comes out later for Verizon you can bet theybwill throw some marketing behind it.

But the quiet release is normal for Verizon, they didn't push most android devices aside for the ones under their own droid brand. But look at most blackberry devices, the pixi, heck even the incredible 2 was released with no fanfare.

I just want to know when I can get my phone! Ifnits a press release, a showing on the website, or a carrier pigeon, I don't care :p

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well still no news. I just like most people want something. Anything so I can walk in to the verizon store and say look at this...I want it...Get it for me

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well still no news. I just like most people want something. Anything so I can walk in to the verizon store and say look at this...I want it...Get it for me

right now, i'd say no news is good news, since news this late would probably be about a delay.

tomorrow can't come soon enough! and thursday really can't be here fast enough :p

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon only has launches for what their marketing considers a high profile device, which at the moment Windows phone isn't for them. If the platform continues o grow as projected and a nokia flagship device comes out later for Verizon you can bet theybwill throw some marketing behind it.

But the quiet release is normal for Verizon, they didn't push most android devices aside for the ones under their own droid brand. But look at most blackberry devices, the pixi, heck even the incredible 2 was released with no fanfare.

I just want to know when I can get my phone! Ifnits a press release, a showing on the website, or a carrier pigeon, I don't care :p

That's what I've been trying to tell people!

Pack34

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing has changed. My contact would have told me so. All I can do is repeat what I've said, there's not going to be a news conference by the President over this.

So, it would just show up on the Verizon's website at some point during the day today or tomorrow and then we should see a few in the stores on Thursday?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
well I was hoping to see something today but I guess it'll just pop up thursday and I'll just have to order it then cause I'm pretty sure my local store isn't going to have it

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
well I was hoping to see something today but I guess it'll just pop up thursday and I'll just have to order it then cause I'm pretty sure my local store isn't going to have it

It may be today, I wasn't given a date as to when it will appear on the website, just the actual release date. I'm certain this person would let me know if it's changed.

Pack34

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait, the President will or will not announce this phone?

Will not. I have a feeling that if we'd see him it would just be an appearence at the Mango event on the 24th to show that all the major carriers were now on board. As WV said earlier Big Red does not consider this to be a significant peice of hardware so it'll launch quietly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234