Called Verizon Today

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I simply ask if you are going to complain or feel as though things are being taken away from you, that you have facts straight.

I believe I was correct about the majority of the points I made save one...perhaps you didn't see my direct replies to your clarifications. Your response did not deny the majority of the things that we as customer find concerning - instead, you went with the age old defense that many salesman like to go with..."well they're doing it too!!!!" That is fine because as you've stated, you work there and they cut you a check - I might be drinking the kool-aid too if I were in your position.

As a customer, I have every right to complain and be upset - these things have been taken away or will be in short order. I have been with Verizon for over 12 years and have never had an issue until lately with their policy and procedure. To top it off, Verizon is consistently behind the other carriers when it comes to carrying the best handsets, or delays handsets that look to be winners (see the Charge and Thunderbolt). The ATT/T-Mo merger may finally force Verizon to look around and decide that instead of being bullish to all their existing customers (and pandering their new ones instead), they should make themselves a compelling choice by providing best value services.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I was at Starbucks and thought I would drop by a Verizon Wireless store this morning and just ask the question.

The guy I asked just happen to be the manager, as well... I notifed him that I have pre-reserved the Trophy through the MS offer, as well so he really had no reason to lie to me to sell me anything...

If it will be released tomorrow, he did a very nice job of not giving anything away. He said that it was suppose to be released his week or next and that it was delayed "or something" again. He also mentioned that he had played with the device and that training was done for his employees...

Just seems strange to me that if they have been trained, the guy played around with a working version of it, but that the manager had no idea of when it would be released. If there was one person who would probably know at a verizon store, it would be the manager.

I am sure he knew something and just didn't want to tell me for fear of losing his job or something. I respect that. I still can't help but believe that it will be at least be pushed back to next week.

Put this in perspective... you have a customer that comes in and asks when a phone is coming out. Why on earth would you not want to tell them?

Now there is a policy that VZW should get on board with. Give information to your management staff and allow them to tell cusomters information about products. The fact that stores and staff do not know about releases until two days before they are released in order to not give customers a false sense of impending release if it is not ready is a double edges sword. The rumors will happen anyways. Sometimes rumors can be good. Lots of rumors lead to more interest.

I would propose that VZW take the other road and be very open about their product releases. Notify managers and staff in order to sell future products better. I wonder how many customers were recently lost to Sprint for the WP7 just because VZW decided not to announce anything at that point.

It does boggle the mind how Verizon is handling this. I too would think that this Manager was simply told not to say anything concerning the actual release. People have lost their jobs over releasing "confidential" information. Nevertheless, it just doesn't make sense why Verizon would keep things under wraps. It's not like there will be lines around the block for this launch. Not to mention that there has been tons of information pointing to an imminent release, so it just behooves them to announce the damn thing already!

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update, nothing is showing up in our equipment guide, which is not a good sign.

Just seems like signs are pointing towards next week or later...

Maybe I will just go with a Charge or Thurnderbolt for now and just pay to not be on contract so when the Microkia phones come out I can just re-up for that device...

Its really getting rediculous... Besides, at least someone in our family will grab a new Trophy...

The other interesting aspect about this is what happened with the other Android phones that were to be released on Thursday? WV, are they in your system?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just seems like signs are pointing towards next week or later...

Maybe I will just go with a Charge or Thurnderbolt for now and just pay to not be on contract so when the Microkia phones come out I can just re-up for that device...

Its really getting rediculous... Besides, at least someone in our family will grab a new Trophy...

The other interesting aspect about this is what happened with the other Android phones that were to be released on Thursday? WV, are they in your system?

yes, i am curious as to the other two android phones that are supposedly being released tomorrow as well.

as for the droid charge, it's actually sitting in verizon stores, but they don't have a release date for that either. which is really weird. they have all the marketing material, the ACTUAL HANSETS, and yet, they aren't allowed to sell them, and have only been told by corporate, that it's been delayed.

as to all the verizon stuff. i think it's been nailed pretty well already as to what policies are bothering me as a consumer. the defense that "every one else is doing it" is an extremely pathetic one, because as a consumer, i don't give a crap what everyone else is doing, verizon offers a value proposition to me with three things, their network, their customer service, and their phones. one thing is great (for now) the network. their phone selection has always been crappy, BUT their customer service used to be excellent, so the value remained and i have a reason to stay.

now, if they start removing things that separated them from the rest, yet still offer one of the poorest phone selection choices (regardless of platform), they can only hold on to "but you can use our network everywhere!" for so long before that doesn't become enough of an issue for me to stay.

honestly, if this is the mentality of the company, i might just buy my trophy off contract and wait out the rest of my lines until att upgrades their coverage.

BUT, i'm done talking about this, it's been hashed out enough, can we get back to obsessing about this frakking phone!? :)

while i will always hope for a release tomorrow, the 19th is looking far more likely. :(

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess the only thing I disagree with is that Verizon hasn't officially announced a release date. Yes they did, early 2011 was the stated release. I don't think anyone can argue that we're well beyond "Early 2011"....

This is my personal reason for being annoyed with Verizon and will be considering switching to AT&T in the future. I've been a verizon customer for about 10 years and have a 3 line family plan.... Never thought I would ever consider switching.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess the only thing I disagree with is that Verizon hasn't officially announced a release date. Yes they did, early 2011 was the stated release. I don't think anyone can argue that we're well beyond "Early 2011"....

This is my personal reason for being annoyed with Verizon and will be considering switching to AT&T in the future. I've been a verizon customer for about 10 years and have a 3 line family plan.... Never thought I would ever consider switching.

Verizon didn't say anything publically. The internal Microsoft promo leaked, but that wasn't information for the public.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is showing being released tomorrow

The more and more I think about (which is absoluetly too much... its really an obsession at this point) I think the MS offer people will be notified on or before the VZW stores.

"4.When device is ready to launch: you will receive an email providing
next steps to take advantage of the HTC Trophy (Offer 2) and utilize
the customized Microsoft Employee extranet portal to order the
device(s) with this special promotional offer
5.Once online order complete ? you will receive your HTC Trophy,
including a FREE vehicle power charger and leather case, with FREE
second day shipping from Federal Express
"
This whole thing sucks...

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this does suck. I find it pretty funny that there is a Verizon Trophy theme pack for Xbox though. Somebody didn't get the memo... Lol

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So it's pretty obvious that it's not coming tomorrow...but I'm thinking that the 19th isn't likely either. My guess? The 26th - It makes sense with the recent news of a Microsoft WP event (complete with red tiles) on the 24th. I know some people are saying this is a Mango preview event, but my guess is that it will also be the place they choose to announce the Trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo