Called Verizon Today

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
you're not from california, which is probably why you don't know of in n' out.

they're both burger stands with simple menus, i think 5 guys (iirc) is the one with peanuts all over the place, and mediocre french fries.

i found a focus tonight, gonna go pick it up tomorrow and try this att thing out.

also sold my iphone and am going to activate my razr for the time being. i don't need to pay for two data plans :p

if verizon ever decides to offer me a phone i actually want, i'll probably go back for the unlim data, but i'm def buying it off contract so i can be free.

free!

cjwcash

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I went to two Best Buys last night to see if they would have any Trophies in. They both said that it would be a Verizon exclusive and should launch on Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised that they had even heard of the phone. Is anybody going to a Verizon store right when they open this morning to see if they selling it?

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I went to two Best Buys last night to see if they would have any Trophies in. They both said that it would be a Verizon exclusive and should launch on Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised that they had even heard of the phone. Is anybody going to a Verizon store right when they open this morning to see if they selling it?

Thursday as in today? Or next Thursday?

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it's pretty obvious Verizon pulled the plug on the release of this phone (Again), at the last minute. Maybe they've decided they're so close to Mango they're just going to be the first to market with a Mango phone?

I'd rather have my phone next Thursday to be honest.

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought that big event meant it was closer to release. As usual, I guess we wait and see. I keep telling myself I need to just disconnect and not look into this for 4-5 days straight... but I can't stop searching for the latest news! :)

wf2020

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I went to a vzw store a couple of days ago (5/9) and asked about a wp7 and the guy said he won't be getting any of those for at least 2 more months

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
the big event probably just means the feature set is locked in or close to being so, so now they can show people (consumers) what to expect in the fall update.

going by the xbox live update cycle, msft tends to do two large updates a year, a spring update, which is the smaller of the two (NoDo) and a fall update, which is generally a bigger one (mango)

if verizon is actually thinking of waiting for mango to arrive before releasing a gen1 phone among the expected gen2 phones that should come out around mango's release, then screw them.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is going to be released on the 24th. well.. except possibly the developer tools for Mango (emulator, SDK etc..).

I'm sure it wont be long though that MS will release the bits for developer unlocked phones so devs can test their apps on Mango..

Verizon. YOU ARE LAME.

nuf said

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well we aren't the only ones who didn't get our phones today. The droid x2 and the lg revolution were both suppose to be out today to so at least it's not verizon hating on
wp7

s80t699

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, Verizon is smart because they have not anouced a date, so the anticipation builds as does the frustration of the "missed" dates which are speculative anyhow. Leaks, screenshots, hints from insiders, placeholders etc. all a nice trail of info, but nothing official.

So there's nothing to do except wait for the availability to be made real when Verizon puts it up live for ordering.

I've been waiting ever since I thought it was coming out last October, but hey, as much as I love tech toys, I continue to pass the time by watching the sites and enjoying the speculation and not letting the frustration of the calendar marching forward get the better of me.

I'm still buying 6 units on day one for myself and some co-workers on our VZ plan....

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well we aren't the only ones who didn't get our phones today. The droid x2 and the lg revolution were both suppose to be out today to so at least it's not verizon hating on
wp7

Surprisingly enough, this does not make me feel any better about Verizon ;)

Perhaps we should all take time out of our day to day to write emails to Verizon expressing our opinion... And better yet, if you have a Twitter account... twitter about it with them in the tag... @Verizon

Sometimes this is all customers can do... you may also try @VZWsupport (for wireless) as well...

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
there is most definitely something to do while waiting for availability.

move to another carrier.

i get my focus today.

i've written so many posts on twitter with @verizon tagged that i'm pretty sure they've blocked me...

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, Verizon is smart because they have not anouced a date, so the anticipation builds as does the frustration of the "missed" dates which are speculative anyhow. Leaks, screenshots, hints from insiders, placeholders etc. all a nice trail of info, but nothing official.

So there's nothing to do except wait for the availability to be made real when Verizon puts it up live for ordering.

I've been waiting ever since I thought it was coming out last October, but hey, as much as I love tech toys, I continue to pass the time by watching the sites and enjoying the speculation and not letting the frustration of the calendar marching forward get the better of me.

I'm still buying 6 units on day one for myself and some co-workers on our VZ plan....

People aren't frustrated about the dates passing (at least not all of us). Most of us are frustrated it took them 7 months to get a WP7 device to market!

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
there is most definitely something to do while waiting for availability.

move to another carrier.

i get my focus today.

i've written so many posts on twitter with @verizon tagged that i'm pretty sure they've blocked me...

My wife was sitting on the tarmac in Prague for 5 hours on a Delta flight (big surprise). 23 hours later when her flight got home (they had to make a stop in Boston to let the flight crew off due to the unions as well) and after they were given only 1.5 meals, and after they lost her bag (ironically in Prague when the plane was sitting on the Tarmac for 5 hours), she was so livid that she got herself a twitter account and began a daily onslaught against the company (as well as a few emails).

They originally gave all passengers a $100 flight voucher.

Because of the onslaught, we ended up getting a combined total of $650 in vouchers (another $50 voucher for the baggage, and another $500 voucher for the flight) and they also sent us a gift basket with a bunch of foods and such...

See... Twitter can be useful. I may reinstate my twitter account for this...

s80t699

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
People aren't frustrated about the dates passing (at least not all of us). Most of us are frustrated it took them 7 months to get a WP7 device to market!

That's just plain wrong. Microsoft did not release the cdma code base 7 months ago. It is fair to use Sprints availability as a benchmark (1.5 months ago) as to when Verizon could have gotten it's WP7 model out, but then again, Sprint has a reason to be more aggressive, it's not Verizon and it wasn't focused on getting the iPhone on it's network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium