Called Verizon Today

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you guys want to Twitterspam, you should probably use @verizonwireless instead of @verizon, since the latter relates more to their other services like tv, home internet, etc.

Or better yet, just use both of them.

jrj2013

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
"@VerizonWireless thanks for delaying the @htc#trophy yet again, I love using a 5 yo blackberry w/o sound. I'm sure you'll fail me nxt wk too"

Already got mine posted this morning. Damn you vzw

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If you guys want to Twitterspam, you should probably use @verizonwireless instead of @verizon, since the latter relates more to their other services like tv, home internet, etc.

Or better yet, just use both of them.

Figured that out when I did my friends search when I just set it up... hahahha

Done!

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just called the marketing department and once again got the "We have no knowledge of this phone coming out this week. We do offer a lot of other great phones but if you have your eyes set on this phone it should be out in the coming months"

Sorry Verizon, if I wait months for a WP7 it better be 4G

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
That's just plain wrong. Microsoft did not release the cdma code base 7 months ago. It is fair to use Sprints availability as a benchmark (1.5 months ago) as to when Verizon could have gotten it's WP7 model out, but then again, Sprint has a reason to be more aggressive, it's not Verizon and it wasn't focused on getting the iPhone on it's network.

While your point is valid... it doesn't matter. The perception from the lay person is that they are slow.

I am sure VZW has reasons for WP7 not coming out yet. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

As a consumer, I just want to see the new product in the market. It just really seems that they are slow at introducing things. ~ 2 months or so behind Sprint with regards to introductions.

But lets look at it from MS's perspective...

If I first code a OS a certain way, I have two companies who can get a phone to market very fast (AT&T, T-Mobile) and I have a new OS that I want to get out to the public as fast as possible. If I code the OS a different way, I then have two other comanies who can get new phones and the OS out not as fast (one is notoriously slow for getting new products to market). The first two companies will get the phone out before the holidays and the other two, only 1 will probably get it out before the holidays...

Which one would you go with for an initial release? I have to say, VZW made their own bed on that one... So I will still hold my previous statement that they released 7 months later... sorry.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
While your point is valid... it doesn't matter. The perception from the lay person is that they are slow.

I am sure VZW has reasons for WP7 not coming out yet. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

As a consumer, I just want to see the new product in the market. It just really seems that they are slow at introducing things. ~ 2 months or so behind Sprint with regards to introductions.

If I first code a OS a certain way, I have two companies who can get a phone to market very fast (AT&T, T-Mobile) and I have a new OS that I want to get out to the public as fast as possible. If I code the OS a different way, I then have two other comanies who can get new phones and the OS out not as fast (one is notoriously slow for getting new products to market). The first two companies will get the phone out before the holidays and the other two, only 1 will probably get it out before the holidays...

Which one would you go with for an initial release? I have to say, VZW made their own bed on that one... So I will still hold my previous statement that they released 7 months later... sorry.

Again, you are just plain wrong. The choice to go GSM first had nothing to do with ATT/Tmobile vs Sprint/VZW.. It had everything to do with a global release. A huge portion of the world is on GSM outside the US.

s80t699

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Maybe your not that familiar with the release strategy of Microsoft but if you want to look at it from Microsoft's perspective then you will understand that they did the first wave of WP7 code using GSM which accounts for ~85% of the global market.

It was Microsoft's decision not Verizon's to prioritize it for a global launch. I wish that CDMA had been part of that, but then again, I wish LTE was furthur along and I could get a LTE Verizon WP7 model, but that's not the reality of now and my wishes don't count. So no matter how you spin it, Verizon is not 7 months late. It was a business decision of Microsoft to do it that way.

Verizon is slow, but lets try to keep the facts straight about the history of this little release saga.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe your not that familiar with the release strategy of Microsoft but if you want to look at it from Microsoft's perspective then you will understand that they did the first wave of WP7 code using GSM which accounts for ~85% of the global market.

It was Microsoft's decision not Verizon's to prioritize it for a global launch. I wish that CDMA had been part of that, but then again, I wish LTE was furthur along and I could get a LTE Verizon WP7 model, but that's not the reality of now and my wishes don't count. So no matter how you spin it, Verizon is not 7 months late. It was a business decision of Microsoft to do it that way.

Verizon is slow, but lets try to keep the facts straight about the history of this little release saga.

This guy is 100% right.

s80t699

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've got a friend who is a manager of a VERY large retail VZW store in the NYC area and he thinks it should still be this month sometime since the internal training was rolled out as mentioned in other posts by Wireless Vet.

Patience young grasshopper

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
To this day, I still have not received one call regarding this phone. So honestly, I'm not bothered in the least.

You obviously aren't on the sales phones, then. I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum has called verizon wireless sales.

I know I have at least 3 times.

(800) 2-JOIN-IN - Correct? They always say they don't know and customers usually know about the devices before they do.

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You obviously aren't on the sales phones, then. I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum has called verizon wireless sales.

I know I have at least 3 times.

(800) 2-JOIN-IN - Correct? They always say they don't know and customers usually know about the devices before they do.

Funny you say that because the guy I spoke to actually told me to get out the blog sites and forums as they usually have the release date before they do.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny you say that because the guy I spoke to actually told me to get out the blog sites and forums as they usually have the release date before they do.

Hahaha. That's what the lady from Executive Relations told me after I sent an email to the CEO. She was nice enough, but had zero info to give.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This guy is 100% right.

I am sure you are all %100 correct...

Still is 7 months later than T-mobile, and At&T, and close to 2 months later than Sprint.

Those are just facts... The normal person does not know what CDMA vs GSM means, and most don't care... The OS still does not exist on Verizon.

So I will give in and say that Verizon is 2 months behind at this time... fine. Still not any happier.

As a person who has a reserved copy of the Trophy waiting whenever they release it, still pissed off for the "Early 2011" comment...

Daily twitter campaign continues until release or release date info...

Aog

May 12, 2011
Visit site
VZW rep called back today. Said trophy was releasing May 19th with a voucher for a free xbox game that can be played on xbox and phone. Just lettin you all know.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you are all %100 correct...

Still is 7 months later than T-mobile, and At&T, and close to 2 months later than Sprint.

Those are just facts... The normal person does not know what CDMA vs GSM means, and most don't care... The OS still does not exist on Verizon.

So I will give in and say that Verizon is 2 months behind at this time... fine. Still not any happier.

As a person who has a reserved copy of the Trophy waiting whenever they release it, still pissed off for the "Early 2011" comment...

Daily twitter campaign continues until release or release date info...

Dont get me wrong man, I completely agree that Verizion is always the last to get phones. No good phone makes a debut on Verizon (iPhone, Thunderbolt/Evo, WP7). I feel your pain man.

VZW rep called back today. Said trophy was releasing May 19th with a voucher for a free xbox game that can be played on xbox and phone. Just lettin you all know.

Thanks for the info! Are you a MS employee? How reliable is the source?

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I am too scared to hope this is true. I joined this site two days ago because all the signs pointed to today...obviously, I was damn disappointed. :-(

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So ... ASSuming Aog is right.. then yes.. VZW is TWO MONTHS behind Sprint releasing a phone with WP7.

Oh wait.... its STILL not even announced... so even May 19th is a rumor LOL !

:(

Aog

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Are you a MS employee? How reliable is the source?

We had contacted them about their lack of phones and mentioned that 2 of our ending contracts would be taken off Verizon due to this. They sent back a generic email response a couple days ago and then today I got a call from the rep. Brought up the fact that all the other carriers had WP7 and they said they had good news. Then he told me what I posted above. I think it's probably right as they would want to have the phone out before the May 24th event.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss