Called Verizon Today

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I wonder what game it's going to be.

I think more than likely we're looking at Full House Poker. It's the one game that has cross-platform functionality between WP7 and Xbox 360. I have the 360 version, pretty good game that makes great use of your avatar. Speaking of which, how many future Trophy owners have XBL gamertags?

Last edited:

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you are all %100 correct...

Still is 7 months later than T-mobile, and At&T, and close to 2 months later than Sprint.

Those are just facts... The normal person does not know what CDMA vs GSM means, and most don't care... The OS still does not exist on Verizon.

So I will give in and say that Verizon is 2 months behind at this time... fine. Still not any happier.

As a person who has a reserved copy of the Trophy waiting whenever they release it, still pissed off for the "Early 2011" comment...

Daily twitter campaign continues until release or release date info...

I also reserved a copy, I tried out an HD7 from T-Mobile and the service wasn't up to par so I returned it. Today I went and got myself a Focus (and surprisingly ATT gives more for my monthly service cost). I will be testing out the service on a trip this weekend, and likely sticking with this phone. The screen is gorgeous (coming from an Omnia2), and 4" I think is about the perfect size. Also, it feels a little cheap cause its so light. At the same time, its light, which is kind of nice for its size. I have never had a problem damaging phones, so I am not too worried about this.

Here's to hoping the service is good enough :)

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I think more than likely we're looking at Full House Poker. It's the one game that has cross-platform functionality between WP7 and Xbox 360. I have the 360 version, pretty good game that makes great use of your avatar. Speaking of which, how many future Trophy owners have XBL gamertags?

I do, Sakic26.

Usually playing Homefront or Kinect

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

That would make sense. I also don't have that game yet, so that is awesome in my case. Anyways, you can find me on Live. My gamertag is Grubish360.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
You know, when this is all said and done, I'm going to have a very funny story to tell. Let's just say that, if I believed in jinxes, I'd pretty firmly believe that the many false starts and delays were actually MY fault ... :blush:

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think most of us will also get the xbox game I just think it will be mostly be for the ms employee's but I hope we do get it

thetuxmask

May 13, 2011
Visit site
the May 19th date kinda makes since. possibly the date was already for may 12th but they did not get the training complete. so postponed a week. called verizon today and he said that he just got the training yesterday and also talked to my local store verizon the manager said to call bake in a few days they are ready to launch a few phones. so it has to be close. in addition pocketnow reported they were hereing the 12th but not sure if it was a launch or a ship date possibly they ship the phones out. winrumors reported that microsoft internal date was may 19th well here is hoping for the 19th been waiting a long time for that trophy. my local best buy manager also said that his date was the 19th. i guess we will see

quick thing to is that possibly verizon is so close to google did not want to announce anything with there event this week maybe? especially a wp7 device.

pocketnow page:
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/htc-trophy-on-verizon-first-press-shots

winrumors page:
http://www.winrumors.com/verizon’s-htc-7-trophy-windows-phone-launch-imminent-rumored-to-land-may-5/

winrumors stands by this he recently posted on wmpoweruser comments on the trophy that there date is may 19

http://wmpoweruser.com/verizon-htc-trophy-misses-rumoured-release-data/

just my thoughts though what do you guys think?

Last edited:

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm such a sad person right now. I keep coming here and to other sites hoping that verizon just came out of nowhere and released the trophy. I have had a imagio and that thing is so bad I switched to my fiancee's storm but that was a huge mistake cause she got a replacement one cause the screen died, then they sent 2 more and both were bad finally I gave up on that one went back to the imagio, (still a pile) saw a palm pixi for 40 bucks so I picked that up. That turned into a mini trophy saga because they wouldn't ship it. Finally got that and it's at least allowing me to text while I wait for the trophy. I can't wait for this phone and holding out is incredibly harder every day. Well I haven't killed anybody yet so let's hope my urges to kill someone can be held up

EuroTrash#WP

Apr 27, 2008
Visit site

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
All the BLOODY dates have made sense !!!!

ALL OF THEM !

We still have no Trophy on VZW.. I refuse to further try to justify a "date" as making sense... They all do.. the phone should have been out months ago IMO.

The only good thing.. is that I'm that much closer to end of contract on my Imagio so I can move to AT&T and be done with it.

Once again.. I hope that date is true.. but past experience says... otherwise.. ;)

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
That is a Tuesday, though. Has it been confirmed that Verizon only releases new devices on Thursdays. Is this not true?

verizon has typically released phones on thursdays, but the rumor is right now that the delayed-for-no-reason droid charge will come out on the 14th, which is a saturday.

i almost don't even care anymore, but the 19th/24th make sense to me as that's probably when my focus will get back from samsung, and the universe likes to screw with me like that. :p

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
verizon has typically released phones on thursdays, but the rumor is right now that the delayed-for-no-reason droid charge will come out on the 14th, which is a saturday.

i almost don't even care anymore, but the 19th/24th make sense to me as that's probably when my focus will get back from samsung, and the universe likes to screw with me like that. :p

I have a 'bonus' check that was I should've technically received in early April. I wouldn't have been able to afford an upgrade until this is received. Due to an almost inconceivable series of mishaps, it kept getting delayed pretty much right alongside the rumored dates for the Trophy. I should receive it before the end of next week, but since this and the Trophy seem to be cosmically connected, any Trophy delay scares me and vice versa.

Long story short, you're not alone. :dry

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i've learned that you just gotta go with the flow in the long run though.

even after the trophy is released, i'm probably going to wait a week or so and pick one up off CL or ebay (i really hope they do a bogo for it, as it drives supply way up and demand stays relatively flat)

after all this hooplah, verizon can be sure of one thing: i'm not resigning a contract with them.

then i'll try out the focus i have on att for a few months, and when the mango/2nd gen devices hit, i'll make a network decision contract wise then.

thetuxmask

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Heres one more website claiming the 19th of may from trusted best buy sourve.

windowsphonemetro.com/2011/05/13/best-buy-rep-confirms-may-19th-verizon-wp7-launch/

Sorry if it does not link I'm on my phone. Heres to hoping

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium