Called Verizon Today

thetuxmask

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if you do I plan to go afterwork

Just got off work went to best buy and they said they don't know anything but it should be coming soon that's all they've been hearing hopefully may 19th

Last edited:

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
ok I got a question and maybe someone can help answer this or did the same from being tired of waiting. I bought a Samsung Focus off eBay the other day it will be here monday or tuesday but when I go to activate it and get a sim card do I have to sign a 2 Yr contract or am I considered month to month?

1979w72

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
ok I got a question and maybe someone can help answer this or did the same from being tired of waiting. I bought a Samsung Focus off eBay the other day it will be here monday or tuesday but when I go to activate it and get a sim card do I have to sign a 2 Yr contract or am I considered month to month?

Since you own the phone you can go month to month with no contract. That's the route I took a few weeks ago.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool so what I just have to go to an at&t store buy a sim card and have them activate it. Sweet if the service isn't bad I may stick with it till nokia comes out with something hopefully we see front facing cameras by then not a must but would be nice and help catch up to android and iphone in that regard. I personal am gonna miss turn by turn navigation that I have on android but the rest is worth waiting till fall to get that

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
you can do either or, there's no reason for them to make you sign a contract if they're not subsidizing a phone for you.

i have a prepaid one personally as i figured it would be an easier way to just assess their network for a couple months and if i don't like it (or verizon releases the trophy) i can just not reload the card, and then i have a fancy zuneHD equivalent that i can pay for data if i need it for some reason somewhere.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting still hoping that our latest date is the right one. So the 19th is out hope. So who is jumping ship, who is jumping os's, and who is waiting? I'm in the waiting but maybe jumping os's if the trophy gets pushed back till the pre 3 gets released

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting still hoping that our latest date is the right one. So the 19th is out hope. So who is jumping ship, who is jumping os's, and who is waiting? I'm in the waiting but maybe jumping os's if the trophy gets pushed back till the pre 3 gets released

The only other phone on Verizon that I think I would consider would be the Droid Charge. It has a beautiful screen, 4G LTE speeds, and it looks a like a shield. The only downside is not having a dual core processor.

thetuxmask

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't switch networks don't like sprint screwed me before hate at&t limited data and t-mobile sucks un my area u will wait for trophy hopefully the nineteenth. And hopefully Verizon just wanted to get the charge out before releasing another phone so come on may 19

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking like dominos verizon releases phones can't have one fall over without the one before it knocking it over.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

i've tried every mobile OS verizon offers, and they all suck for me.

blackberry: outdated, crappy hardware, crappy web experience, zero apps.

iOS: crappy notification system, annoying OS when it comes to user experience (it's very annoying to have to jump between 15 apps to do something), one of the worst keyboards when compared to android's 2.3+ keyboard and wp7's EXCELLENT keyboard, and just boring for me

android: fragmented, poor support, buggy, crappy games, inconsistent user experience (i've had 5 android phones on verizon, and they all had different issues, i have yet to find one android phone (out of the 900 that verizon stocks) that isn't compromised in one way or another.

windows mobile: old, super crappy hardware

webOS: crappy hardware (my hands are just too big for the pre and pixi, and the new one doesn't fix that problem) and lack of any interesting apps.

so, verizon, release something i want, because if i'm going to pay you at least $2400 over two years give or take, i better be using something i actually want to use.

otherwise, my focus is going to become my primary.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
you've not only named phones with operating systems that Verizon carry's, but phones with operating systems that OTHER carriers carry too.

what's your point?

that other carriers have the crap verizon has?

yea, BUT they also have something i actually want, WP7 which was my point.

to make it clearer for you: VERIZON [currently] has nothing i WANT to own.

Reactions: malachijd

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I went to a Best Buy today in Minnesota. I found that they had a Surround on display. I thought that was awesome, because it's pretty much the same as the trophy. So I decided to play around with it and a very nice Best Buy employee came up to me and asked me if I needed any help with anything. I told him that I was just waiting for Verizon to release the Trophy. He said that he could look into it for me. After a couple of seconds he went to another employee and started laughing. He asked what the date was, and the other employee said it was the 15th. He then laughed again and said, "It says that this phone was released on May 12th." He said he didn't know when the next date for release is.

Just thought I would throw that out there for you all.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow wireless vet until now I've really respected you. You came in and was helping us with the phone and giving us info adiliyo wasn't saying anything bad and it sounds like he wants to stay with verizon he just doesn't like any of the phones verizon currently offers. Which isn't a bad thing they are coming out with tons of new phones. I feel the same way about the phones currently available. He just wants a good usable phone which I want and wp7 phones are. No need to be rude dude

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Dude is just defending the company that cuts him a check. A bit silly to defend a huge corporation that couldn't care less if he works there or not, but I digress...

In another news, did anyone notice on Best Buy's webpage for the Trophy that it lists a micro sd card slot as a feature of the phone? I know most WP7 handsets don't come with a micro sd slot, so this would be huge to me if it was included along with 16gb internal.

HTC - Trophy Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - MWP6985VW

Product Features
◦Windows Phone 7.0 operating system
Allows you to stay connected and productive on the go.
◦Bluetooth compatibility
For wireless communication with a Bluetooth-enabled device.
◦3.8" WVGA TFT-LCD touch screen with 480 x 800 pixels
For clear viewing of your text messages, photos and videos.
◦Store contacts and phone numbers
With microSD card slot (media not included).
◦5.0MP digital camera
With autofocus and single LED flash for taking still photos.
◦MP3 player
Lets you enjoy your favorite music.
◦Full QWERTY keyboard
For easy text messaging and typing.
◦Hands-free speakerphone
Lets you talk while driving.
◦Vibration alert
Lets you silence your phone but still be alerted when calls and messages come in.
◦Polyphonic ringtones
Allow you to personalize the sound of your phone.
◦1,000-entry phone book
Lets you store your contact numbers.
◦* Phone activation required before use.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I think everyone is being entirely too harsh on Wireless Vet. He's helped everyone and has given us all the info he possibly could. He states facts and brings up good points. The Trophy being a small launch, not many people calling in requesting it, and the phone being largely still officially unannounced are all excellent points. He's not against anyone in this forum, WP7, or the Trophy. He didn't make Verizon's launch plans and shouldnt take any heat.

Thanks Wireless Vet for everything you've done so far.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh I know he's done a lot for us and I said I really respected him but you might not have read his post before it got edited. He said some pretty rude stuff and got his post edited by Big D5 for a personal attack

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
He's a terrific poster as long as you don't say anything bad about Verizon Wireless. That's when he goes from an informative and helpful fellow into a defensive and rude fellow. And bummer about the keyboard thing, didn't see that lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon