Called Verizon Today

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
wow I need the trophy now more then ever. I keep telling everyone I know about the dangers I've heard about andriod and their antiviruses. This just makes my point even more that a tech rep has that much anger towards andriod. Well still need my trophy. Thanks for the link.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
what's your point?

that other carriers have the crap verizon has?

yea, BUT they also have something i actually want, WP7 which was my point.

to make it clearer for you: VERIZON [currently] has nothing i WANT to own.

My point is, your post was childish, and it sounds like nothing will make you happy.

Wow wireless vet until now I've really respected you. You came in and was helping us with the phone and giving us info adiliyo wasn't saying anything bad and it sounds like he wants to stay with verizon he just doesn't like any of the phones verizon currently offers. Which isn't a bad thing they are coming out with tons of new phones. I feel the same way about the phones currently available. He just wants a good usable phone which I want and wp7 phones are. No need to be rude dude

His post referred to phones and operating systems that virtually every carrier has. We as employees own all the same phones as you folks do, and in most cases, don't even have 1/4 of the issues that customers claim to have. Let's be serious, do you really believe in someone who has a complaint about every smartphone Verizon carries? I owned the Storm 1 and owned it well after the warranty was long over. That poor phone took a beating in the press and by Blackberry fans. I never had it replaced once.

Guys, I think everyone is being entirely too harsh on Wireless Vet. He's helped everyone and has given us all the info he possibly could. He states facts and brings up good points. The Trophy being a small launch, not many people calling in requesting it, and the phone being largely still officially unannounced are all excellent points. He's not against anyone in this forum, WP7, or the Trophy. He didn't make Verizon's launch plans and shouldnt take any heat.

Thanks Wireless Vet for everything you've done so far.

Thanks for the nice posts, and I have a lot of respect for you. I'm simply to the point and state things the way they are.

In reference to the post that I took heat over, and got edited for a "personal attack" (please), it doesn't strike any of you as odd that this person feels every smartphone Verizon offers is junk?

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I suggest people not knock our work envionment 'til they try it.

Warning: A bit of a tangent here...

A company/work environment that breeds extreme loyalists that can't accept people pointing out some glaring flaws in said company isn't something I need or want to try. Nobody made any personal attacks against you or wireless vet, or said anything about the work environment that Verizon provides its employees. Personally, I don't care if your workplace is great or if it sucks. What I do care about is the service I'm provided as a paying customer for over 10 years, which sadly has become much worse as time has progressed.

All of the things I loved about Verizon - great coverage, stellar customer service, and cutting edge tech - have been severely diminished when compared to the advances of competitors. The store employees are generally as clueless as Best Buy employees (Your customers shouldn't know more about your products/services than you do, you're the experts!). This is why I refuse to buy anything from Verizon stores - I'm not giving commission to people who don't know what they're talking about.

Verizon has become a company that feels it doesn't need to take care of its customers. Case in point: I receive terrible coverage (and a bunch of dropped calls) in the one area that I shouldn't - my home. I have called Verizon to talk about some sort of "signal booster" device that is available, and if they would consider reducing the cost from $200. Each time I have called, the first thing the rep offered was to allow me to cancel my contract. Yes, you read that right - instead of offering me a discount on a lousy piece of hardware and keep my $100+ contract for the foreseeable future, they'd rather let me go. I don't want to cancel my contract, I want some decent customer service, better coverage, and the newest devices.

Please, spare me the "well other companies do it" or "well, go to x provider" and understand that its not personal.

Last edited:

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Warning: A bit of a tangent here...

A company/work environment that breeds extreme loyalists that can't accept people pointing out some glaring flaws in said company isn't something I need or want to try. Nobody made any personal attacks against you or wireless vet, or said anything about the work environment that Verizon provides its employees. Personally, I don't care if your workplace is great or if it sucks. What I do care about is the service I'm provided as a paying customer for over 10 years, which sadly has become much worse as time has progressed.

All of the things I loved about Verizon - great coverage, stellar customer service, and cutting edge tech - have been severely diminished when compared to the advances of competitors. The store employees are generally as clueless as Best Buy employees (Your customers shouldn't know more about your products/services than you do, you're the experts!). This is why I refuse to buy anything from Verizon stores - I'm not giving commission to people who don't know what they're talking about.

Verizon has become a company that feels it doesn't need to take care of its customers. Case in point: I receive terrible coverage (and a bunch of dropped calls) in the one area that I shouldn't - my home. I have called Verizon to talk about some sort of "signal booster" device that is available, and if they would consider reducing the cost from $200. Each time I have called, the first thing the rep offered was to allow me to cancel my contract. I Yes, you read that right - instead of offering me a discount on a lousy piece of hardware and keep my $100+ contract for the foreseeable future, they'd rather let me go. I don't want to cancel my contract, I want some decent customer service, better coverage, and the newest devices.

Please, spare me the "well other companies do it" or "well, go to x provider" and understand that its not personal.

When I get defensive, it isn't that I feel that it's a personal attack against me, it's the usual lack of common sense or civility used in the post when it was typed that upsets me. For instance, your complaint about service in your home? No carrier guarantees any kind of service inside of any building. And I find it UNBELIEVABLE that someone would not discount a network extender. So my reactions come from the time I've spent in the industry, and hearing the same old comments over and over again.

So this post where the guy/girl states : "this os and that hardware are crap" for everything we sell? Come on, honestly? I didn't take that personally, but I sure as **** know better. That post basically says "design something specifically for me". Right.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

In reference to the post that I took heat over, and got edited for a "personal attack" (please), it doesn't strike any of you as odd that this person feels every smartphone Verizon offers is junk?

In response to the above and this only: I understand exactly what he means. Junk as in why does he have to put up with crap he doesn't want when Windows Phone should be available. There is no excuse really.

Alot of pent up frustration for customers who want WP7.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
When I get defensive, it isn't that I feel that it's a personal attack against me, it's the usual lack of common sense or civility used in the post when it was typed that upsets me. For instance, your complaint about service in your home? No carrier guarantees any kind of service inside of any building. And I find it UNBELIEVABLE that someone would not discount a network extender. So my reactions come from the time I've spent in the industry, and hearing the same old comments over and over again.

So this post where the guy/girl states : "this os and that hardware are crap" for everything we sell? Come on, honestly? I didn't take that personally, but I sure as **** know better. That post basically says "design something specifically for me". Right.

Unbelievable or not, that is indeed the response I have received after 3 calls to Verizon about the antenna extender. People have a right to say that "this os and that hardware are crap" - it's their opinion. If Blackberry, iOS, WebOs, and Android don't appeal to someone and they want to complain, they can. This is a forum on Windows Phone website - what do you think is going to happen when America's #1 carrier doesn't have this particular OS? As a heavy consumer of everything techy, I want as many options/choices as possible.

Again, there is no reason to get defensive about the "lack of common sense or civility" that people display in posts on a web forum. This is the internet afterall. I don't get defensive when a Verizon employee ridicules me for wanting WP7 over the latest Android device (which, unbelievable or not has happened). I simply leave the store and go about my business. The mentality displayed is quite similar to my roommates when he worked for AT&T. He refused to admit that anything AT&T did sucked, and used the ageless defense "well they do it too!!!" I have a great job and work for an overall great organization which provides meaningful services. That doesn't mean that I put on blinders about the flaws that we have. Even when people criticize based on misinformation or simple ignorance, I choose not to get defensive. Thanks for your respectful reply. It is truly great to have such direct insight from two Verizon wireless employees. I trust that this resolves the matter.

On a separate note, I'm really hoping that this is the week we VZW faithful get our "trophy" for patience. I have a family trip to Seattle this weekend that would be greatly enhanced with a WP7 in my pocket ;)

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
In response to the above and this only: I understand exactly what he means. Junk as in why does he have to put up with crap he doesn't want when Windows Phone should be available. There is no excuse really.

If I'm correct, he even ridiculed Windows Mobile, but I may be wrong.

Unbelievable or not, that is indeed the response I have received after 3 calls to Verizon about the antenna extender. People have a right to say that "this os and that hardware are crap" - it's their opinion. If Blackberry, iOS, WebOs, and Android don't appeal to someone and they want to complain, they can.

And if I wish to reply to the ridiculousness of the post, I can also do so.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable or not, that is indeed the response I have received after 3 calls to Verizon about the antenna extender. People have a right to say that "this os and that hardware are crap" - it's their opinion. If Blackberry, iOS, WebOs, and Android don't appeal to someone and they want to complain, they can. This is a forum on Windows Phone website - what do you think is going to happen when America's #1 carrier doesn't have this particular OS? As a heavy consumer of everything techy, I want as many options/choices as possible.

Again, there is no reason to get defensive about the "lack of common sense or civility" that people display in posts on a web forum. This is the internet afterall. I don't get defensive when a Verizon employee ridicules me for wanting WP7 over the latest Android device (which, unbelievable or not has happened). I simply leave the store and go about my business. The mentality displayed is quite similar to my roommates when he worked for AT&T. He refused to admit that anything AT&T did sucked, and used the ageless defense "well they do it too!!!" I have a great job and work for an overall great organization which provides meaningful services. That doesn't mean that I put on blinders about the flaws that we have. Even when people criticize based on misinformation or simple ignorance, I choose not to get defensive. Thanks for your respectful reply. It is truly great to have such direct insight from two Verizon wireless employees. I trust that this resolves the matter.

On a separate note, I'm really hoping that this is the week we VZW faithful get our "trophy" for patience. I have a family trip to Seattle this weekend that would be greatly enhanced with a WP7 in my pocket ;)

To fix the bad signal problem you should simply move... ;)... right?

I agree with WV though... Its impossible to design a device to get good reception in every environment. For example, I worked in a building that had a steel facade. Mobile phone reception was horrible for everyone. All 1500 residents of that building basically had to go to one side of the building near a window or go outside to make a call.

They don't make them like that anymore for sure. Maybe you live in a similar building?

There should be a mutually agreeable solution in these cases though. Thats just a miss on the customer service level.

Kitsune5tails

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A little agressive lately?

I come here looking to find news about the phone I want. I seem to be seeing alot of discontent and agressivness, not sure, but things may be getting a little out of hand. I think it's a little silly that Verizon has not launched a WP7 device with so many android devices already on their shelf. I, however in my opinion, think there is no perfect phone. The idea of a good device is relitive. Different phones work with different users. Android is like windows mobile 6.5 and some earlier in my opinion. It's about the support from the manufacturer. The drivers and software support are important to usability sometimes. I am not going to say everything on Verizon is bad per say. The phones the currently have availible to my knowledge just are not what I want. I don't care what handset, I just want a certain type of device.

I don't think that people need to be as negative about the Verizon line up to the extent that it affects others. I also want the phone to be released, but I am going to try and be civil about things to an extent.

I think if you look at what people are starting to write, we should calm down.

I appologies if this seemed out of line, as I don't post here much.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I come here looking to find news about the phone I want. I seem to be seeing alot of discontent and agressivness, not sure, but things may be getting a little out of hand. I think it's a little silly that Verizon has not launched a WP7 device with so many android devices already on their shelf. I, however in my opinion, think there is no perfect phone. The idea of a good device is relitive. Different phones work with different users. Android is like windows mobile 6.5 and some earlier in my opinion. It's about the support from the manufacturer. The drivers and software support are important to usability sometimes. I am not going to say everything on Verizon is bad per say. The phones the currently have availible to my knowledge just are not what I want. I don't care what handset, I just want a certain type of device.

I don't think that people need to be as negative about the Verizon line up to the extent that it affects others. I also want the phone to be released, but I am going to try and be civil about things to an extent.

I think if you look at what people are starting to write, we should calm down.

I appologies if this seemed out of line, as I don't post here much.

Agreed, let's move on.

Does anybody have much familiarity with the camera quality in HTC devices? I am currently stuck with an HTC Droid Eris which doesn't take the best photos (after using a decent Blackberry Tour), so I'm hoping the Trophy is a bit better. From my time with this device, I will say that I am impressed with the overall build of the phone and I'm expecting the Trophy to have a similar if not better build quality. It beats the pants off the Tour's "plasticky" feel.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah as for me I agree with most people here. I know that sometimes a phone gets heat when others really like it. My fiancee had a storm had to replace it once but she got an update and the phone worked great for her for awhile. She loved it, then one day the touchscreen just died for no reason while we were on a trip. She had the phone for awhile after her contract was up so she got the iphone. I had the imagio which is the worst phone I've ever had it freezes more times then the north pole. So she called and had it replaced before switching phones and I tried using it till I could get a wp7. Well needless to say I went through 3 in 3 weeks and it only took that long cause shipping. I will say I 100% totally agree with wireless vet that verizon never said anything about the release of the trophy to the general public all these "delays" truely aren't delays. That being said sprint has had a wp7 for awhile, but they like microsoft aren't #1 and so they don't have the luxury of testing a phone out and making sure everything is good. They need to rush things out the door to try and lure people to sprint. So I am saying THANK YOU wireless vet for all your help let's get passed all the negative stuff and get down to what we're really here for.

Info on the trophy.

So am I asking really nicely.

Wireless vet do you have any info that you've heard about the trophy coming out.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it due to the constant delays, but I'm starting to feel really good about a release this week. If Verizon announces it tomorrow for "preorder" for a presumable Thursday release, would I be able to get the phone on Thursday by ordering it online or via phone? I understand they usually do overnight shipping (or is it two day?), but would it arrive on launch day?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You have to be kidding? How could you compare the two?
Ok, maybe not the same but how about; need to root and add some homebrew stuff to make the phone somewhat functional, more different UI layers than MLB has baseballs, battery drain, lag and freezeups. Isn't that enough.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it due to the constant delays, but I'm starting to feel really good about a release this week. If Verizon announces it tomorrow for "preorder" for a presumable Thursday release, would I be able to get the phone on Thursday by ordering it online or via phone? I understand they usually do overnight shipping (or is it two day?), but would it arrive on launch day?

I would just point out that supposidly the MS offer people will probably get notice at least 2 days before public launch. So with that said, if its not announced today/tomorrow to them (which everyone will probably hear about when it happens) then to me it seems unlikley that it would come out on the 19th. They are given free two day shipping when it comes out...

I was told that it is "imminent" (whatever that means...) by a unnamed source after writing a email to someone close to the situation. The email I received was explicit about me not sharing any of the info in it so I can't post it here. But it didn't give me any info anyways.

Imminent...

Ughhhh.. fristrating...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss