Called Verizon Today

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So here is an internal leak basically confirming the Xperia Play for release on 5/26.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Set To Launch on Verizon May 26

I post this seemingly unrelated bit of news for a reason: this is a week after the supposed date of the Trophy yet nothing even this substantial has leaked or been confirmed.

We'll see what tomorrow brings, but its still disappointing to have things still so far up in the air ...

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, maybe not the same but how about; need to root and add some homebrew stuff to make the phone somewhat functional, more different UI layers than MLB has baseballs, battery drain, lag and freezeups. Isn't that enough.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

May I add the manufacturer tendency to bog down the device with proprietary crud? (Which brings us back to what encourages rooting by those who know what they're doing.) Most of the troubles I've ever had with older versions of Winmo were due to Manufacturer Meddling.

This is one of the things I believe Microsoft is doing right with WP7. Manufacturers have to play nice and stick with the stock software for the most part. Leave the extras to the customer. It's like buying an Asus vs. buying an HP. The guts aren't all that different, but the Asus will always run better out of the box because only the stuff *YOU* want gets installed in it.

On another note, for what it's worth, I do get questions on when we're getting these darn phones in, and since it shows in some of our public documents, we're allowed/expected to discuss it if asked. Still, we reps don't have any release dates, and I doubt we're getting any until it's already out. The customer interest *is* there.

Last edited:

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable or not, that is indeed the response I have received after 3 calls to Verizon about the antenna extender.

You may want to check out VZW's Facebook ASAP. Someone on there is claiming they were given a free network extender because of continual poor service being reported. It sounds totally legitimate, and I wouldn't doubt it either. You may want to contact this person for further details.

thetuxmask

May 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC trophy on eBay we have got to be close hopefully we here something today

m.ebayclassifieds.com/v?adId=11332864

Sorry on my cell can't do an active link

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
thought i'd chime in. i've called my local Bestbuy, gave them the SKU from that rogue webpage. She punched it in to the computer and said "we'll have that on the 19th" - I'd call that pretty damn solid.

I will probably go in and at least have a look at it but if it doesn't have user-accessible memory or come in a 32gb model, then i'm going to pass. I don't want an iPhone; and even those have a 32gb option.

My only requirement is to get a phone (my first smartphone) before vzw goes tiered data this summer, so June 30 is my drop-dead date, and by then the Bionic will be out.

Last edited:

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, at this point, no matter how much I want the phone. If it isn't released this week, I am going to wait until the next round of WP7 as I don't want technology that is already months old and has been on other carriers far longer.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You may want to check out VZW's Facebook ASAP. Someone on there is claiming they were given a free network extender because of continual poor service being reported. It sounds totally legitimate, and I wouldn't doubt it either. You may want to contact this person for further details.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Best Buy and they told me that the HTC trophy is listed as TBD in there inventory and Verizon hasn't set a release date yet.

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Which SKU did you give Best Buy? I just called and gave them the 2330093 SKU and she said that it had been deleted from the system and they were no longer getting the product. Now I am sure that just means that the SKU has changed but I was wondering why your SKU got you better results...

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Which SKU did you give Best Buy? I just called and gave them the 2330093 SKU and she said that it had been deleted from the system and they were no longer getting the product. Now I am sure that just means that the SKU has changed but I was wondering why your SKU got you better results...

That's the one I used, Ugh this situation is only getting me angrier at the fact that every other carrier has a WP7 except Verizon. When I went to Verizon it was because they had better phones

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon because of the superior coverage in NYC. I watch my friends on their AT&T phones constantly dropping calls at work. I have had to loan them my Verizon phone more than once so they could call out. But I am getting close to 3 years since I've gotten a new phone, I still have a blackberry curve. And yet. I will continue to wait for this phone. I have accepted that it may be quite awhile. Just hope the curve lasts.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh crap I am now thinking it won't be out now till the 26th the lg revolution and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play are both getting released in stores that day. But on the bright side the playstation phone is getting released the 19th on the website. Supposedly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6