Called Verizon Today

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh crap I am now thinking it won't be out now till the 26th the lg revolution and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play are both getting released in stores that day. But on the bright side the playstation phone is getting released the 19th on the website. Supposedly

You have to figure if it's coming the 19th, VZW or HTC will probably say something in the next few hours. It's only 8 am PST, but I can't imagine a late day reveal. This week is looking more and more unlikely. Sucks.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
All this rage is building up inside me in regards to this Verizon Trophy release...
on 26th they will be busy with Sony phone... then they will have some another android phone or something...
bastards are aiming for June 30th.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I had to break down and buy a 45 dollar pixi plus cause my imagio was so bad I couldn't stand it anymore so at least I have a new piece of tech to keep my mind a little off the fact that I'm being screwed and not getting my trophy.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how they can be realeasing the Playstation Phone over the Trophy with all of the "Playstation Network hacked" debacle going on. Seems like they could skip that for a while and focus on WP7.

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I had to break down and buy a 45 dollar pixi plus
I got the pixi plus in February for the same reason. Ok phone but I've done all I can with it and want the HTC Trophy soon. So frustrating when you seen news of new phones again and again and the Trophy is not included.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I saw this on the Verizon Forums. Some guys are reporting on Twitter that it's a go for the 19th, citing Best Buy and Verizon Employees. I'll believe it when I see it.

amgray86

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to the manager at Microsoft Store in Oak Brook and she told me she has been in direct contact with Verizon about the Trophy. She said they were originally shooting for it to released on the 15th with the Charge but there was a problem so it was delayed (obviously), but it will definitely be released this month. She said Verizon did not give them another date.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
dbadali looks like you and I have had similar paths I had the Verizon XV6900 as well then the imagio then now the pixi waiting for the trophy

coolduderedux

May 17, 2011
Visit site
We've got another Trophy running wild in NJ via ebay classifieds.

It has new pics showing the battery and whatnot. It says be the first to own the phone that will be available later in the month.

Verizon Htc Trophy 7 Windows Phone NEW - Global !! | Iselin | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 11332864

ad said:
I have a New HTC phone for Verizon. It is called the Trophy 7, which contains Windows 7. It is not even available through Verizon YET! But be the first, it does not come out until later in the month! Get you hands on it ASAP.

Read more: http://centralnj.ebayclassifieds.co...s-phone-new-global/?ad=11332864#ixzz1Md9jXEJS

C4cpH.jpg>
rqxPI.jpg

I'm curious as to how the phone can have text on it when the battery is taken out...

The funny thing is that there is a Microsoft office located in that part of Jersey.

Last edited:

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I have two emails from our product release rep and the Xperia is up in our "Infomanager".

Edit: The Xperia will be available through our "Ironic" portals this Thursday (internet and web). All channels May 26 (stores and other channels)

Last edited:

Random of Amber

May 12, 2011
Visit site
About the ebay listing:

It looks fake. If you save the left image locally and then open and zoom in a bunch, you can see a distinct border around the verizon logo like it was photoshopped in.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two emails from our product release rep and the Xperia is up in our "Infomanager".

Edit: The Xperia will be available through our "Ironic" portals this Thursday (internet and web). All channels May 26 (stores and other channels)

So the 19th isn't looking likely. Perhaps they'll release it Saturday like the Charge.

Random of Amber

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Makes sense. Thanks!

What's the bare minimum amount of lead time you would expect on any given new phone before it releases? 24 hours?

Appreciate the insight!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster